457 visa - 2014 processing times

aussie

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

Please join the conversation if you are currently waiting for 457 visa approval! :chatterbox:

Hi All,

I applied for 457 visa on 23 Dec along with my dependent, completed Medicalss on 27 Dec. Till last week there was no progress inside ImmiAccount. Last week suddenly the document list was updated with Received status. Visa application status is still InProgress.

Does anyone know why it took such a long time to get the document status reflected in ImmiAccount? I submitted the documents on 23 Dec itself.

Heard somewhere that if someone has travelled on a US visa before then there would be delays while getting AU visa. Not sure if this is the reason behind this huge delay, close to 10 weeks now.

Any idea/pointers on this will be very helpful. This wait time is very frustrating. :frown:

• 2 months later...
Hi All

Please join the conversation if you are currently waiting for 457 visa approval! :chatterbox:

Hi aussie

I am waiting for my visa from 28 June 2013 .

I have now second case officer . I got first case officer in October he was happy to finilised the application .

Then 20 December I received new case officer . He requested lot of stuff . Everything provided next day . Since then case officer saying application under routine processing .

:mad:

Hi All

Hi everybody,

my agent has submitted the application on Tues 20 May and at the same time we have requested priority processing, which has been accepted and apparently a case officer has been appointed after two days.

Does anyone have any idea how long it's gonna take for the visa to be granted, considering the fact that my priority processing request has been accepted?

Hi MJ7739

How did you request priority processing? I totally missed that when I did my application. I wonder if it is something I can request now?

Thanks

Hi everybody,

my agent has submitted the application on Tues 20 May and at the same time we have requested priority processing, which has been accepted and apparently a case officer has been appointed after two days.

Does anyone have any idea how long it's gonna take for the visa to be granted, considering the fact that my priority processing request has been accepted?

Hi MJ7739

How did you request priority processing? I totally missed that when I did my application. I wonder if it is something I can request now?

Thanks

Hi Bestyblue,

The fact is that I really need to be in Australia ASAP as I've got a deadline to meet in three weeks.

And yes, I guess in case you are stuck in the same situation as I am, meaning you've got something reasonable to request priority processing, you could put it forward.

Yeah I think we're in similar situations. The company employing me are running the risk of losing contracts if I'm not able to start on the 23rd June. I think when they agreed to start dates with these contracts they thought the 457 process would be much simpler and quicker than it actually is.

It turns out since I posted that my boss has applied for priority processing, so hopefully we will both hear soon. Very stressful as fearful that my job offer could be rescinded if these contracts fall though....

Yeah I think we're in similar situations. The company employing me are running the risk of losing contracts if I'm not able to start on the 23rd June. I think when they agreed to start dates with these contracts they thought the 457 process would be much simpler and quicker than it actually is.

It turns out since I posted that my boss has applied for priority processing, so hopefully we will both hear soon. Very stressful as fearful that my job offer could be rescinded if these contracts fall though....

So, do you know if a case officer has been appointed to your application?

Wow, can't believe this. Our case officer was allocated yesterday and approved our visa on the same day!

What a shock it was to wake up to this morning!! Am in full panic mode now as I have a million and one things to sort / arrange and flights to book for about three weeks time.

MJ7739 my boss has hounded the immigration emergency email and phone number everyday for the last 7 days, so have clearly had enough of her. Haha

I hope you hear real soon. Please keep us updated.

Good luck to everyone else too.

Wow, can't believe this. Our case officer was allocated yesterday and approved our visa on the same day!

What a shock it was to wake up to this morning!! Am in full panic mode now as I have a million and one things to sort / arrange and flights to book for about three weeks time.

MJ7739 my boss has hounded the immigration emergency email and phone number everyday for the last 7 days, so have clearly had enough of her. Haha

I hope you hear real soon. Please keep us updated.

Good luck to everyone else too.

That's really good news!!! I'm very happy for you:jiggy:

I hope mine shows up real quick,too!

wow.... so my visa went in on 14th May with an estimated processing time of 2-4 weeks so we are all in limbo awaiting approval, nice to read some positive stories on here, I have heard nothing since my Agent Lodged app so I am guessing no news is good news. Also I cant see progress as have no access to an online portal

so how do I find out if a case officer has been assigned? also is it up to my Agent to request Priority Processing as I am due to start on July 2nd?

They'll send you an email indicating a case officer has been assigned

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Finally my 457 visa has been granted .

Here is my timeline ...

457 visa lodged with approved nomination = 28/6/2013

Medical finilised = 4/7/2013

Got first case officer on = 4/10/2013

Got second case officer on = 20 December 2013

New nomination lodged on 27/5/2014 (expire while waiting decision )

Nomination got approved = 19/6/2014

Case officer changed 3rd case officer = 20/6/2014

Visa grant ====10/7/2014

Hello,

There has been quite encouraging success stories. I am in the waiting phase now, and started to get a bit anxious. Can anyone tell me what is the average processing time of visa approval for someone from high risk country who is still overseas? Here is my timeline

Sponsorship and nomination applied : 17th June

Visa Applied : 20th June

Sponsorship approved : 25th June

Medical done : 3rd July

Case officer appointed and asked for additional documents : 16th July

Nomination approval pending

How long it takes for nomination to be approved and after that how long it takes for visa grant?

As i have applied on my own without the involvement of any agent. so i am a bit confused.

My employer told me initially that it takes around 4-5 weeks, but it took whole 4 weeks for a case officer to be appointed. Any information in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shaaq and all,

I'm just a newbie, been following the forum, especially this thread for over 3 months. I am also in the same situation "Waiting a 457".

My timeline is Nomination Approved on Jun 3- Visa application lodged: Jun 3 - Medical check uploaded: Jun 11 - Further docs required: Jun 26- Further Work reference & Qualification verification email sent to agent: Jul 3 - Now: Aug 3 waiting.

From Immi. Website, the Visa process will take 3 months since the day of Visa Lodgment (if documents are sufficient). Hope good news comes soon in August.

Cheers,

Phu Truong.

Oh that is quite a wait for you... after going through this forum, i was expecting to hear good news in coming days... though ive read too that the visa process takes 3 months for high risk countries, but here i read success stories of getting visa in a months time. i also know a few colleagues of mine who got it within 2 months.. i think no one can understand DIBP strategy to give visa to majority people within a month and to drag others for quite a while. I hope we hear some good news in days to come... Good luck :)

Hello Shaaq and all,

I'm just a newbie, been following the forum, especially this thread for over 3 months. I am also in the same situation "Waiting a 457".

My timeline is Nomination Approved on Jun 3- Visa application lodged: Jun 3 - Medical check uploaded: Jun 11 - Further docs required: Jun 26- Further Work reference & Qualification verification email sent to agent: Jul 3 - Now: Aug 3 waiting.

From Immi. Website, the Visa process will take 3 months since the day of Visa Lodgment (if documents are sufficient). Hope good news comes soon in August.

Cheers,

Phu Truong.

Hi All

I know this isnt related to processing times but didnt want to start a new thread

I have had an interview with a hospital who are considering sponsoring me for either 457 or 186 ENS, we are due to do our IELTS test on 6th September to obtain points required for 189 skilled Independant.

Does anyone know if we can except the 457 and still apply for skilled independent or do we have to wait for a period?

Thanks in advance