Dog ate babies head

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

How absolutely terrible and just a week after an 11 month was attacked by a pit bull in Blackburn.

I do have to say though, come on people, please never ever leave a new born baby alone with a dog however much you trust the dog. :sad: Some dogs may not even realise this is a real life and may mistake a baby as a play toy.

A newborn girl has been killed by a dog that her father brought home from a pub, it was reported yesterday.

The body of six-day-old Eliza-Mae Martha Mullane was found by her mother Sharon John after the infant was apparently mauled by a male Alaskan Malamute, a powerful, husky-type dog bred for pulling sleds.

The distraught mother ran into the street and screamed: ‘The dog ate my baby’s head.’ The pet was said by neighbours to have been with the family for just a few months after the little girl’s father Patrick Mullane arrived home with the animal after a night out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest66881

Such a horrible story this one, i fear this as happened because the dog as had it's 'territory' moved in on - that and being left unsupervised or having a dog just roam the house.

Where did this happen ? Blackburn in UK I assume ?

No that was a different incident last week,sadly this another tragic case.

In this case they had just got the dog from a family who were going to put it down,which to me, makes more sense to not leave it alone with the children, as you cant tell in a few months what a dog will be like or if it could just 'snap'. So sad for all involved.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen
Why am I not the slightest bit surprised it was a pit bull ?

The incident in Blackburn was but this was a husky that the previous owners were going to put to sleep. Does anyone know why? I wonder if it had shown aggression before.

People should get rid of big dogs when they have babies. End of. And all dogs should be in the back yard, full stop.

I disagree completely. You are putting the blame on the dog. The HUMANS brought the dog home after the bloke took it off someone he met in the pub who wanted rid of it.

The HUMANS seemingly left the dog alone with the newborn.

My dog (med-large size collie x) is never alone with my kids and we have baby gates everywhere.

There are actually a few discrepancies in this story and I shall be following with interest.

For one the lady who handed the dog to the police said you wouldn't know the dog had done anything, it's fur was still clean and white. A dog that had just 'eaten a baby's head' would NOT have a clean face.

I disagree completely. You are putting the blame on the dog. The HUMANS brought the dog home after the bloke took it off someone he met in the pub who wanted rid of it.

The HUMANS seemingly left the dog alone with the newborn.

My dog (med-large size collie x) is never alone with my kids and we have baby gates everywhere.

There are actually a few discrepancies in this story and I shall be following with interest.

For one the lady who handed the dog to the police said you wouldn't know the dog had done anything, it's fur was still clean and white. A dog that had just 'eaten a baby's head' would NOT have a clean face.

Wow I didn't know the last part. That's strange. I haven't watched the news since last night, might check it out the now

He's read a few bad articles so he must be

I think you would be absolutely out of your mind or just plain stupid to leave any sort of pitbull alone with a child, they are well known for being aggressive as are some other breeds of dog, i am not blaming the animals as that would be daft as it is clearly the responsibility of the owner to make sure that their children are safe but the fact of the matter is that pitbulls and children do not mix. However i like some others am certainly not of the opinion that dogs should not be left alone with children, i have a British Bulldog and would have no problem leaving him with any of my children but obviously not with a baby. At the end of the day it is all about personal responsibility and in my opinion an awful lot of pitbull owners are a thick as shi7 and have the dog because they think it makes them look hard when in fact it make them look like even more of a brainless moron. Again in my opinion you should need a licence to have a dog and should be able to prove that you can look after them, exercise them regularly and afford their care and if not you should be refused a licence.

Are you an expert on Pit Bulls ????

I am not sure you need to be an expert, it does not take Einstein to work out that Pitbulls and children are not a good mix.

Well, the rule is even easier: never leave any child alone with any dog. I can't understand why these events keep happening.

Get real dogs should just be left in the backyard- wow talk about a way to upset a dog. If people want to be animal owners they should be responsible - and that includes not keeping them stuck in back yards

Guest Guest40285
I am not sure you need to be an expert, it does not take Einstein to work out that Pitbulls and children are not a good mix.

So your an expert are you ?? Do you have Pit Bulls ? Its got nothing to do with Einstein. Just wondering what your back up proof is ?