Hi,

I have recently arrived in Clarkson, Perth, Been searching for a job but had no luck.

Does anyone know any jobs available around this area, or some places I could look at to help me?

Hi Jade

What's your experience / what sort of work are you looking for?

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin:

Im a qualified gym instructor so anything in a gym would be perfect, but any shop jobs or restaurant jobs to get me started would be good. I've handed my c.v around the shops but not hearing anything, I've looked on gumtree and seek, any other ideas?

Most of the gyms around you are the 24 hour type that are unmanned for a good bit of the day unfortunately.

There are a few in Joondalup so on the train line for you or try the Arena in Joondalup. It's the council run sports complex so may be worth a try too.

It's still a bit off opening the expansion but there are a lot of shops in the Lakeside shopping centre in Joondalup and they may be taking expressions of interest for the new stores that will be opening. Might be worth popping in and going to the centre management office and ask if they know anything.

good luck and hopefully you'll find something soon.

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin:

Hi all, Jade I hope you dont mind but I would also like to tag on to this as we too are moving to the same area.

My wife and I emigrate from Manchester to Perth this coming Monday. We are initially staying with friends in Joondalup until we secure our own rental, at which point we too will be looking for jobs.

Im a bricklayer, which is how we got our visas, and my wife worked an admin role for the local council. Although we both eventually aim to retrain, we recognise we will prob increase chances of settling in by securing employment by doing what we both already know best.

If anyone can offer us any advice at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Hi all, Jade I hope you dont mind but I would also like to tag on to this as we too are moving to the same area.

My wife and I emigrate from Manchester to Perth this coming Monday. We are initially staying with friends in Joondalup until we secure our own rental, at which point we too will be looking for jobs.

Im a bricklayer, which is how we got our visas, and my wife worked an admin role for the local council. Although we both eventually aim to retrain, we recognise we will prob increase chances of settling in by securing employment by doing what we both already know best.

cheers

Can only go on what i'm told on here and by friends bro who is just back from Perth Ben,and it doesn't sound like you'll have any trouble finding work

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

cheers

Hey,

Im actually sharing a house with a bricklayer, I'll have a chat with him when he gets in and see if he can help you out. Theres alot of bricklaying jobs here so im sure you will pick one up quite easily :)