Oz 2015!

mattysalter01

Yeah I will need a job I am wanting to work out there so I am able to apply for the second year if I enjoy it. What sort of money will I need to take with me to have a good start to my travels? I aint picky about the work as long as I can have the best time of my life. Any groups ect that I can get involved with to meet new people asap would be brill as well.

I don't even know where to begin. Thanks for the reply, Matt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey both... I wasn't looking at doing a starter pack with a company as most of the stuff they provide you can arrange yourself for cheaper or free. Its just means a little more research. Are either of you looking into Thailand at all? I'm really keen on spending a few weeks there first.

I haven't booked anything but started my research, so if either of you are up for heading over around the same time and want a travel buddy let me know :)

If i was to be ready to go that soon i think that i would have to cancel my car insurance now save damn hard. And then i still aint sure weather id have enough that soon. Getting my car was such a big mistake :( i dont think ill be ready til next summer or time ish. :(

• 1 month later...

im going out to aus in 2015 too, late february/early march. im not going with a company. im just going myself because i will save a lot more money because some of the companies offer packages at prices like £400 and that money can be better spent on your travels. im flying to melbourne and then its plain sailing for me. On my own, 22 years old. Quite scary if i must say so!! but iv waited a long time for this! iv always wanted to do this because i KNOW it will change me and my outlook on life and what better way to do it than in the blazing sunshine in aus!!

£1500 for flights, visa, insurance etc

£250 for a back pack, toiletries, sun cream etc

Say you land in Sydney - you'll need £1000ish a month to live a reasonable time, a travel card, some activities etc. If you go out on the beers - which is expensive - you can easily do £60 in a night and if you buy a bottle of water from a corner shop you can pay £3 - go to the supermarket and it's 50p. It depends how cheap you want to do it. You can walk everywhere, stay in a huge dorm, cook all your own meals and eat very basic, use the library for internet, no mobile etc and live for probably for £25/day. If you want to go to all the attractions you're looking at at least £25 a go, beer can be £4 for just over a half, a decent room £20 a night and so on.

It's very expensive until you get used to finding the cheaper options.

having said that you can buy a car for £1000 and a sleeping bag and camp stove and ftravel and free camp. It's all down to how you want to do it :)

Archived