I just bought a house

northshorepom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done! Guess you are sticking around then?

For now, yup

Been off the property ladder for too long to be comfortable - have always hated renting. The way Sydney is at the moment, it will take about 3 months for it to grow in value enough to wipe out stamp duty/moving costs. Whilst prices were pretty static at home and here, from 2011-mid 2013, I didn't mind renting that much.....but they are moving in both places now, so can't afford to sit still for long

It will be really nice to be masters of our own destiny again and not have to put up with being patronised by agents.....nice to do a bit of gardening....a bit of home improvement, a few projects.....just everything really

:-)

Well done nsp? Bush, beach or city?

Not really any of those three, although the first is the closest. Bush is two streets away

A typical Upper North Shore 'burb. Wouldn't be my first choice, I like it a bit urban, but the wife likes the 'burbs.

Lawns for the kids, pool for all of us, plenty of space, good entertaining space, a bit of potential to improve. We're very happy. Just missed out on one last week that we liked even more (went for about $75K more than we wanted to go to) but this is slightly different rather than being second best - some aspects are better, some less so, but this has more growth potential. Still in cycling distance from work for me (only an extra km or 2) and still in 10 mins drive to son's school, which were key criteria

Sydney property market at the moment is painful for buyers - almost everything is listed for auction, but half of it is sold prior - but under auction conditions. So it's exchange contracts in a heartbeat, no cooling-off period, or lose it. There are just many more buyers chasing properties than there are good properties to buy. My wife saw this on Saturday, I looked on Monday, we offered on Tuesday, negotiated and agreed on Wednesday, exchanged contracts on Thursday. And still almost lost it to someone trying to come in and gazump at the last minute. Not very pleasant, so losing that stress is a massive plus

Edited by northshorepom
snipped photos

I always need a pub

:cool:

Sadly, this is the UNS. The nearest one is the (admittedly OK) Blue Gum at Waitara, some 2.5km distant. Kiplings in Turramurra isn't half bad though, and that's about the same distance :-)

I've never been to either of them, have passed the Blue Gum, but don't know Kiplings. The only one up there I am familiar with is the Greengate.