You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brissiebound

Got 457 can we use same medicals for PR app?

Guest Brissiebound

Hi folks, I'm a newbie to this forum but really like the content. My wife is a nurse and she has been sponsored in on a 457 which has all been approved. She is 45 later this month so we also went ahead with an application for a skilled independent 136. We sent that Fedex and it arrived 21st August according to the tracking info but we have not received and acknowlgement yet which is a bit worrying. Does anuone know if we can use the same medical resluts for this application or do you think we need to go through it all again Any advice appreciated.

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi

Presumably, your wife went through a full medical being a nurse and not just the chest x-ray normally required for a 457. DIMA will let you know if she needs another medical, but you should be able to use the existing medical if they chivy up the application.

I would get onto them about the 136 application and make sure it has been lodged because they apply the 45 years age limit. Having said that, don't panic too much, becasue nurses are on teh MODL and your wife can apply for an Employer Nomination Scheme visa if the 136 has not been lodged for some reason.

Also, keep all refrences for the medicals - DIMA lose medicals (quite often).

Best wishes

Phil

Guest Brissiebound

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for the response, will take your advice and chase them up to acknowledge receipt of the app. Thanks also for the advice on the meds, all appreciated.

Steve