Bargain price hotel for thos doing building practical test in April!

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

Just wanted to let those of you know who are doing your building practical test @ Rossendale College, Lancashire 14.04.08 that I have just found a Travel lodge 6 miles away from the college for a bargain price of £19 for 1 night!!!

If you go on Travelodge - Great value accommodation across the UK and Ireland it's 'Travelodge, Calvary Barracks, Barracks Rd, Burley, BB11 4AS. They have an easter special offer on at the moment, and we got a family room for the bargain price of £19!! :yes:

As the start time of the test is 7.30am, at least you haven't got to worry about travelling to the college and getting stuck in traffic, as it's only 6 miles away (10 mins) - You'll have enough on your mind with your day ahead than worrying about getting to the college on time :err:

Good luck to everyone doing their practicals

Jenny

• 1 month later...
Guest the ozbunch

hi

i am also a brickie,and i am hoping to do my assessment in july,could you please pass on any info on the assessment,as i am getting mixed answers on what they want,expect etc.....

Guest jenny4nails

The assessment is just 1 day (I think it used to be a 2 day assessment).

It starts at 7.30am and you have until 6.30pm to do your allocated project. You get a morning break, lunch break and an afternoon break.

My OH found the day enjoyable and as relaxed as it you want to make it. He enjoyed speaking with the other brickies working near him, which helped de-stress the situation.

My OH said it was a little intense at the beginning, which you can expect I suppose, but he said the assessors were quite friendly and tried to put you at ease, they were approachable and answered any questions you had if they could.

The projects my OH had to do were 'do-able' in the timscale, a 2pm finish was average.

I'm sure if you are confident in what you do you'll be fine.

Everything was very stringently checked for accuracy, just like going back to college for a day.

Best of luck to you, sure you'll be fine. Just make sure you gt plenty of rest the night before so you feel relaxed for the day ahead.

Jenny & Richard

Archived