2nd Working Holiday Visa

Guest topdealman

Guest topdealman

Can anyone answer this Please?

I went on a year long work visa to Australia in 1996.

I am now 34, but have enough funds in the bank to qualify for a WHV.

I have recently applied for a new passport. Do you think I will be able to acquire a working holiday visa, for either country? As my passport will be blank.

Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi

I thought you had to be under 30 to be eligible for a WHM visa? There are now provisions whereby people can get a second one if they fulfilled various criteria during the first one (mainly to do with working on farms in the outback as far as I can work out ) but I think the cut-off age applies even if the other criteria can be met.

Please see here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/index.htm

If you are not eligible for a second WHM visa, what about one of the other temp visas to start with? For more info about those, you would either have to do some serious headbanging with the DIMA website, or get a free assessment from a Migration Agent perhaps?

Click on Home and then play with the website, I suggest. Some people find it easy to follow. Others give up and get help from RMAs. I'm not sure which catefgory I'm in with this one sometimes!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi there

Gill is right, you have to be under 30 for a working holiday visa.

You may be able to get here on a sponsored working visa, depending on your skills etc.

I will be pleased to assess your options on philipo@imaus.com.au

Best wishes

Phil Olsen

RMA number 0637276

Archived