Teachers Moving or Living in Australia

TeacherBen

I got a job in the September, and started in the following January. I was living in Malaysia at the time of applying and flew over for interview. We arrived to Sydney in December but didn't move in to our long-term accommodation until January, but as I knew where we'd be living I was able to use that address for my applications to WWCC and NESA. 

In my job applications I only had to declare my residency status which meant I was eligible to apply for jobs and work in Australia. I made sure they knew that I could only apply to NESA and WWCC upon arrival. 

Me again! Sorry, can I please clarify as think I’m a little confused with the terminology/processes:

I need 3 things - (1) a Working With Children Check (2) NESA accreditation (3) Approval to Teach. 

I need them in this order because Approval to Teach states ‘You must be accredited with NESA before submitting your application for approval to teach with DoE’, and NESA accreditation states that, in order to apply, ‘You’ll need to have a current NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance for paid employment issued by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian’

So WWCC is my first step. Starting my application for a NSW Working with Children Check is where the first hurdle comes as I need a residential address in Australia, and an Australian mobile number.

So my question, really, is, can I go over before we leave as a family of 5 ‘officially’, staying in an Airbnb and use the Airbnb address as the residential address in Aus? I read an earlier post where the OP did just that, but don’t they send paperwork/info to that address, or is it literally just for the system? Do I need to get an Australian mobile number when there also? 

Lastly, how far along this process - WWCC, NESA accreditation, Approval to Teach - can be done whilst visiting, realistically? How long should I book to stay? Or, should I say, for how much of the process do I need to be in Aus? At what point do I verify identify at a service centre? 

Or am I just being stupid and should resign myself to not being able to get started on this process and thus secure a job (casual, relief) before we leave for good as a family?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions! ANY help/advice/words of wisdom MUCH appreciated! Xx