190 visa February Lodge Gang 2014

Wen66

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone noticed but processing times have changed from 6 months to 3 months this week so at least we can have a nail biting experience for hopefully half the time!!:biggrin:

Certainly smiled when I saw this post.:biggrin:

3 Months, instead of 6.

Fantastic.

Bring on the Visa!!!!:biggrin:

I'm 7 weeks today- no CO yet... Have completed everything

so hoping I'll just hear if /when there is a grant.

what state are you in for? Do you happen to know if

having higher points makes this stage of application

any quicker??

5 weeks in and no CO yet....:eek:

Being patient...ish...x

Anyone heard anything to date?x

6 weeks tomorrow for me. Still no news

I think 7 weeks is pretty standard from what I've been reading! I don't wether it's a good things or a bad that we have an agent

otherwise I'd be sitting on immi website refreshing lol Where have you applied for? We're already in WA.

I've got a agent meself, I just keep pestering him to check! He's been good for us, he did say he was hoping to hear some thin after the 7th week.

I've applied for Queensland ss, but am in perth at the moment. I quit my job once i lodge me visa, was hoping for a quick grant so I can move to Queensland

I've got a agent meself, I just keep pestering him to check! He's been good for us, he did say he was hoping to hear some thin after the 7th week.

I've applied for Queensland ss, but am in perth at the moment. I quit my job once i lodge me visa, was hoping for a quick grant so I can move to Queensland

Ill be refreshing my emails all day this week!!

I think 7 weeks is pretty standard from what I've been reading! I don't wether it's a good things or a bad that we have an agent

otherwise I'd be sitting on immi website refreshing lol Where have you applied for? We're already in WA.

Everything has been very slow for us:-( Major waiting on the EoI compared to everyone else. Agent..emm. I may hassle them this week, as I want to book the meds and police checks, while we wait. I realise it may limit our visa validation time but tbh, we want to have a decision and be moved before the beginning of the new school year.

Good luck, everyone:smile:x

Someone just posted on poms in adelaide that their agent has told them today that 190 and 489 visas have nearly met the yearly quota and processing times may be delayed even to the point of being processed after 1st July the new tax year. I hope that doesn't affect us !!:no:

Someone just posted on poms in adelaide that their agent has told them today that 190 and 489 visas have nearly met the yearly quota and processing times may be delayed even to the point of being processed after 1st July the new tax year. I hope that doesn't affect us !!:no:

Awee that's really bad news!!

surprising because people who lodged on the 15th of Jamuary

have been getting grants as of last week

so I was really hopefully!!!

We'll have to wait and see!

oh pants!

Wonder when their cut date was? Any idea?

oh pants!

Wonder when their cut date was? Any idea?

Can only wait and see how this week pans out but it's seems to have slowed down from the

week I lodged...20th Jan. Grants from week beginning 15th Jan seem to have been flying out.

ill probably be more worried come Friday and the beginning of the 8th week!

Trying to find out if this is true. Did this guy in Adelaide mean the 190 and 489 visa have nearly reached there limit in Adelaide? as it did in NSW on 24/12/13. It doesn't make much sense with them reducing the waiting time to 3 months.

Also reading this on Skill select website.

• State and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations
  • The minimum ceiling for each occupational group will be 1000 invitations.

To me, this is saying that the 190 visa will no longer be subject to occupational ceilings limitations, meaning there offering to give more out so to speak??

The minimum ceiling for each occupational group will be 1000 invitations.?? Doesn't make sense to me :wacko:

If anyone can explain this to mean, will be much appreciated.

Just over 4 weeks since I lodged, stressful times

The two threads that i read was on poms in adelaide under the thread "visa grant backlog" and British expats under thread "sc 190 and 489 visas close to quota". Maybe it only applys to people who haven't had an invite yet. We haven't got an agent to ask as we did it on our own. Just got to think positive as nothing has been confirmed yet so could be rumors

The two threads that i read was on poms in adelaide under the thread "visa grant backlog" and British expats under thread "sc 190 and 489 visas close to quota". Maybe it only applys to people who haven't had an invite yet. We haven't got an agent to ask as we did it on our own. Just got to think positive as nothing has been confirmed yet so could be rumors

Tigerfeet,

I'm afraid it's not for invitations only. There's a post stating his/her grant is delayed until July even though PCC & Medicals completed....

So, I'm not saying it's 100% sure, or that it is for everyone, but it's not looking good either.

If true, it is going to create a storm... Living so long with each leg in a different country is no joke.

Let's wait for official updates.

This is not good. :confused:

I have emailed our agent, asking them if this is affecting our application. boo:( Because we have been on the back foot, I assume it will......

I thought, I'd read in a previous post re a similar issue with NSW. Did they not have a cut off date and anyone who had been allocated a CO, would be processed as normal?

July would be fine with our circumstances but it would be the length of time after July, which would concern me. What if they close the doors completely? We wont get a refund:( Don't think I could face another winter in the UK......:cry:

If anyone finds out anything, please keep us posted. Chin up, folks. :hug:

Wen66, do you really think they can change game rules in the middle of the game and not even get refunds to people who "entered the game" without knowing what could happen? Do you think this is really an option? :ssign2:[/quote

It's all very confusing:(. I've seen lots of good news, on here recently. It's been keeping me going...now am feeling deflated. We are, at the mercy of Immi.

Hopefully, it all works out. Hope you get good news soon, Ladybug.x