190 visa February Lodge Gang 2014

Wen66

Hi All,

After some assistance please.I'm in the process of working through and completing my EOI, I'm a Secondary School Teacher. Which of the tests would you recommend IELTS or the OET? They vary considerably in cost. Also I have placed 189,190 & 489 Visa's. Do I also need to have a medical for this now or wait until I get the approval?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everybody,

I lodged my 190 EOI on 14 February 2014. I requested WA state sponsorship - but have yet to hear anything back!

Starting to get really worried (and slightly depressed) - I only have 60 points (including state WA sponsorship).

Haven't had any contact from WA in Skillselect. How long do most people have to wait for initial contact from WA? I hear they contact people weekly - which means I wasn't selected last week (no!!!!!!)

My occupation is available on WASOL and the state priority 1 list. How do WA decide who to state sponsor?

I'm sure many people have been through this before - is it just a matter of waiting? (its killing me!):arghh:

Edited by PWA200

Hey Everybody,

I lodged my 190 EOI on 14 February 2014. I requested WA state sponsorship - but have yet to hear anything back!

Starting to get really worried (and slightly depressed) - I only have 60 points (including state WA sponsorship).

Haven't had any contact from WA in Skillselect. How long do most people have to wait for initial contact from WA? I hear they contact people weekly - which means I wasn't selected last week (no!!!!!!)

My occupation is available on WASOL and the state priority 1 list. How do WA decide who to state sponsor?

I'm sure many people have been through this before - is it just a matter of waiting? (its killing me!):arghh:

PWA,

WA has a waiting time of 30 days for state nomination, so wait another week or two and they will get back to you since you have 60 points.

They will check if your qualifications match, motivation, English skills, possibly your funds etc.

Try to keep life going on as always, and keep busy.

You could check Perthpoms.com where many people are waiting also

Hope this helps a bit

Take care!

Hey Everybody,

We waited 10 weeks for our EoI invite. (60 points for SA) It's very frustrating, watching other receive theirs within a week or so. We got soo fed up, it's unreal but keep strong, it will happen:biggrin:

The waiting game is a nightmare. You feel you are in limbo. Our agent told us not to expect a CO for 10 weeks, yet the average is 4.5 or so, looking at recent allocations. :confused:

Fingers crossed, everyone:hug:

x

Hi All,

Its great to join a gang who are so active....

I am also like you guys lodged my application on 31.01.14....front loaded PCC and Medicals...the documents changed from 'required" to "recieved" as well...

Did this happen with u guys? what does it mean....I am assuming that we all should get some news on CO allocation between 7th to 14th March...

@joydeep

i used a agent, so haven't been on the immi web site to check! Fingers crossed we hear from a co this week or even start getting some grants. I lodged my app on 28.01.14, 5 weeks today. My eoi came back in under 24 hours so was hoping for a quick grant.

@joydeep

i used a agent, so haven't been on the immi web site to check! Fingers crossed we hear from a co this week or even start getting some grants. I lodged my app on 28.01.14, 5 weeks today. My eoi came back in under 24 hours so was hoping for a quick grant.

@joydeep and Jaime:

Have u lodged 190 (or) 189 ?????

From which country are u applying from.

If 190 which state sponsored u.

I am also using an agent... So could not check all these status ....

Do post in this thread once your CO is allocated.

I wanted to know the waiting time....

They say it is 7 weeks for 190.

Still no reply in Skillselect from WA........!!!! Two and a half weeks now..............

I think I'm going to retake the IELTS test next time I'm home (and try slightly harder this time) to get an extra 10 points and apply for a 189 visa.

Oh dear.................this process never seems to end!

2 weeks in....want time to fly but don't want to wish your life away..what a dilemma! :-P

x

Any more Feb visa folk???

Dear all ,

i lodged my visa on 20th feb and uploaded all my documents expect form 80 which i am planning to upload in few days.No case officer yet but my immi account showing "received " in documents check list.

kindly update if any will get CO or visa approval.

good luck to all

Regards

SAN

@ kapildeverampu

i have applied for 190 visa under ACT sponsorship. I am from India....applied on my own no agent....

What bout you ? From which country u r and which state sponsorship?

I am on 5th week now....hope to hear something soon

@ kapildeverampu

i have applied for 190 visa under ACT sponsorship. I am from India....applied on my own no agent....

@ Kapil

I am also from India and have applied 190 visa under NSW state sponsorship without any agent.

Have you submitted PCC,HEALTH AND FORM 80?

Regards

sanjeev

@sanjeev

It is better that u front load the PCC n medical it might help to save some time. For form 80 I would say wait for the CO to ask for it as it is not mandatory form.

Which occupation u applied for? And when u lodged ur application?

@sanjeev

It is better that u front load the PCC n medical it might help to save some time. For form 80 I would say wait for the CO to ask for it as it is not mandatory form.

Which occupation u applied for? And when u lodged ur application?

@ kapil

thanks for your advice.I applied on 20 th Feb under Geologist occupation

@ kapildeverampu

Hey Joydeep and Thanks001,

I have also applied for 190 visa.

I am a Srilankan living in India.

I am on by 4th week now.

Both of you (Joydeep and Thanks001) could you please share your mail id.

We can get in touch with each other.,......

Do drop me your mail. We can talk further.

Regards,

Kapil

Edited by snifter

@ Kapil

I am also from India and have applied 190 visa under NSW state sponsorship without any agent.

Have you submitted PCC,HEALTH AND FORM 80?

Regards

sanjeev

thanks001

Am more or less certain that on 24/12/13 NSW stopped given out 190 visas for the rest of 2013/14 year because they had reached there max limit. Meaning that they wont be giving out any more until July this year. I would check the NSW immi site to confirm for yourself but am sure that I am right.