Think house prices are rising in the UK.

Perthbum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, as I know Brisbane and surrounds is tipped to rise, many would consider it have been on its knees for the past few years.

Well you should start getting out and about in brisbane flatone. Seen the amount of building going on. If you new anything about building trade and house sales you would know house prices are increasing here, just like wages do. They are selling before they are even being finished built. Why do so many people here in there 30s and 40s own quite a few houses and investment properties. Why does Australia have more millionaires than any other place.Two completely different economies at present. You cannot compare the Australia market with the uk. Two completely different housing markets. Here is booming now. Blokes just are not keeping up with demand. The uk was on its knees but slowly recovering. Baz might not live here but seems to know loads more than you about things here. I wouldn't be surprised if the average home will cost a million in 10 years here.

I'm with you on buying a investment property in the uk but , I'm doing the same thing. Good move.

People that talk like that Are the ones that want it to happen. It's not happening and our banks wouldn't let it happen here. But each to there own . I know you outlook on Australia. Have a good day .

It is that sort of thinking that makes it more likely. Why do you think the banks can stop house price fluctuations? Why do people not think Australian house prices are driven by external and internal factors like every otyherr country?

Interesting, as I know Brisbane and surrounds is tipped to rise, many would consider it have been on its knees for the past few years.

I've been in the building trade 15 years in brisbane , I'm only in my mid 30s.Never seen it on its knees. Slowed down a bit yes , but I havnt experienced a recession in brisbane only experienced it in the uk in 2011- 2012. Wasnt a good time where I was there. I hope it is improving now. When we come into very busy periods house prices always rise. Seen it before it's happening again. Profit private builders make on residential housing isn't that great IMO,and I believe prices of houses are well justified .

Unlike you PB i'll be there in the next few months (I'll try not to get mugged 3 times in a month) and just get on with life not head back tail between legs and spend the forever telling everyone how bad the place is :laugh:

Good luck baz, I'm sure you will love it. If don't get on with it, promise me you will make this post your signature.