Renewing UK passport while in Australia

lulu2008

Hi there, happy australia day weekend to everyone!

I have a question, has anyone renewed their uk passports from Australia. We are now citizens in Australia and have our aussie passports but also want to keep our uk passports up to date! Ive heard the post office can help out with this but just wondered the best way to go about it. Our uk passports expire next month.

Also just to add to it, since my last uk passport i have got married so my surname has changed. I haven't changed anything in the uk as yet to my married name, but everything here in australia is now in my married name! Help please :err:

Thanks in advance!

You used to be able to do it through the Aus Post office, but I believe that the process has now changed due to the closure of the Wellington passport office. I found this page https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports which might help.

ETA: The Post office used to take the full payment for the passport and send everything off for you, but I believe that they now only do the photos and send it off, you have to pay the passport office directly.

Totally confused now as a search on google brings up this http://auspost.com.au/travel-id/british-passports.html dated 14/1/2014!!!!!

Anyone tried to renew a Brit passport in Oz in the last few days????

Australia Post used to take the application, check it through, do the photos and also take the full payment for the passport ($280+ or something around that mark) through their till, and then send the application and the payment to Wellington in NZ, where the passport would be made and sent back within a couple of weeks. Now they are just doing the photos and checking/sending the forms to UKPA for a small fee, but they don't take payment for the actual passport (which they used to). I presume that the card details are put on the application and the passport office in the UK takes the payment. The applications now take 4 weeks.

Australia Post used to take the application, check it through, do the photos and also take the full payment for the passport ($280+ or something around that mark) through their till, and then send the application and the payment to Wellington in NZ, where the passport would be made and sent back within a couple of weeks. Now they are just doing the photos and checking/sending the forms to UKPA for a small fee, but they don't take payment for the actual passport (which they used to). I presume that the card details are put on the application and the passport office in the UK takes the payment. The applications now take 4 weeks.

Yep I read that all online but they want you to send any current passports for other countries that you currently have.... WTF! Why would you send those!? Can feel a trip to UK coming up so I can renew my passport there...

Archived