You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lorney Days

Grandparents visiting Oz "Where to take two under twos in Melbourne"

Hi We will be coming to Melbourne for holidays in April/May and will have our two Granddaughters for a week,:huh: any suggestions for places to go and things to do? We do have access to a car but also like public transport. thanks all help gratefully appreciated.

Make a list of what you want to do, and do them.

However:

Under twos cannot interact with anything on an outing. They are just as happy to be rolling around on the floor at home.

It will take a long time to get ready for an outing.

It will take a long time to get them in and out of the car.

It will take a long time to change nappies throughout the day.

You will want to go home after two hours.

Any dodgy weather will make everything worse!

Thank you for your quick reply. The children love animals so I thought they would enjoy an animal farm or something like that. They cannot spend everyday rolling around the floor!

A quick visit to the seaside and a lovely messy ice cream, I'm a Grandparent so that's OK mess washes off. I change nappies on my knee and any where as quick as a flash so that will not be a deterrent either. Dodgy weather is ok too they are not made of sugar. Any more suggestion now?? Please.

What area will you be in?

The Aquarium might be fun for them, or perhaps the Botanical gardens, plenty of room for them to run round, enjoy the fresh air. You could take picnic.

Any beach would be good for a while. Bucket and spade and a bit of a sun shelter and they would be happy as Larry for hours. Swimming pools, botanic gardens, lots of places where you could keep them in the pushchair and have a nice walk.

Make a list of what you want to do, and do them.

However:

Under twos cannot interact with anything on an outing. They are just as happy to be rolling around on the floor at home.

It will take a long time to get ready for an outing.

It will take a long time to get them in and out of the car.

It will take a long time to change nappies throughout the day.

You will want to go home after two hours.

Any dodgy weather will make everything worse!

ha ha, thats cheery!

Healsville is good!

De facto Partner Visa lodged 11th June 2013 with London (front loaded with PCC), CO assigned 25th June 2013, Medical 11th Sept 2013, waiting for grant :wacko:

This link should give you a few good ideas fo stuff to do - http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=11362#.Ut3fwxBArIU

Hope it helps, have fun !

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Check out this place

http://chesterfieldfarm.com.au/

Our little grandchildren loved it when they were smaller. You can get up close and personal with the baby animals and feed them. You can have a BBQ there but go on a fine day, much nicer.

Just don't bother with the 'moonlit sanctuary' near Pearcedale. Despite all the press on it in various guides etc. We found it rather small, run down and naff !!

322311 MET FAB. IELTS 22-03-12 O/A 8.5 AQF3 01-03-13 (RPL). VETASSES APP 10-04-13, PASS 21-06-13. E.O.I APP 05-07-13 60 PTS, INVITE 05-08-13. PCC 20-08-13. 189 VISA APP 28-08-13. MEDS 10-10-13. GRANT 07-11-13.:notworthy:

Abbotsford children's farm or most parks have play areas. The sun can still be strong so use sun protection or do what my parents did. Lock me in the car whilst they go to the pub. Just keep a window open.

ha ha, thats cheery!

No it's realistic.

We have two pre schoolies.

Both sets of grandparents raised at least three kids each.

They have forgotten what it's like to have small kids 24 hours a day.

It takes them at least twice as long to do anything.

They are exhausted after a day and want to be alone to start drinking.

No it's realistic.

We have two pre schoolies.

Both sets of grandparents raised at least three kids each.

They have forgotten what it's like to have small kids 24 hours a day.

It takes them at least twice as long to do anything.

They are exhausted after a day and want to be alone to start drinking.

i know, it's very realistic! I have a 2 & 4 year old. Half hour battle at least to get sun cream on in the morning. Just made the prospect of looking after them so unappealing. Young kids are flaming hard work.

Edited by BizLarker
Spelling

De facto Partner Visa lodged 11th June 2013 with London (front loaded with PCC), CO assigned 25th June 2013, Medical 11th Sept 2013, waiting for grant :wacko: