Medicals for 189 Visa - Confused

Coolbreeze

Hi all,

Just had all my bits updated on my immi account to display "required", "recommended" and what not. It says evidence of health is 'recommended' and NOT 'required' as other statuses say.

However, the link that takes you to the e-medical server states in the referral letter that ALL tests are required. (Medical Exam, HIV Test and Chest X-Ray)

Those of you that have applied via the 189/190 route and who are of same age (25 - 32), were you required (by a CO) to undertake ALL tests as this is just the standard for 189/190 visas? The referral letter printed out states that we should go ahead an arrange ALL examinations but I don't want to jump the gun and shed out a lot of money if a CO then says "the medical examination would have been enough'

Thanks again in advance - I can not believe how this forum has meant I have been able to process and lodge my own application - PomsInOz has genuinely saved me thousands :) I will vow to always help where I can too.

All medical tests are required for PR visas, if you are working in medical profession you require further blood work.

Overseas medicals are generally all done by ehealth - they will know what will be required from your medical.

Either you can wait for your CO to request your medicals, which you will have 28 days to arrange these - or front load them.

All medical tests are required for PR visas, if you are working in medical profession you require further blood work.

Overseas medicals are generally all done by ehealth - they will know what will be required from your medical.

Either you can wait for your CO to request your medicals, which you will have 28 days to arrange these - or front load them.

Answered in one reply. Thank you lebourvellec! Will arrange asap then.

Archived