Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sam Perry

Permanent Residency - Employer Nomination Scheme (186) PROBLEM

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


I'm new to this forum but I'm glad to meet you all.


I've recently gone through the Employer Nomination Scheme (186) to get permanent residency; however, I've noticed one big problem:


We might also seek to cancel this visa if you begin employment but do not remain in the position for the full two years.


If this happens, you will have a chance to explain, in writing, why your visa should not be cancelled.


Two years with one employer wouldn't normally be a problem but I've been offered a better job elsewhere but doing a similar role.


Question: Has anyone else been in a similar position? Is it okay to move jobs once you get the 186 visa?


Thanks for your time,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sam


Yes you can change your employment once you have got ens 186 granted .there is no law that you cannot break your employment .your employer cannot stop you unless you have provided any wrong or fake info to departnment when you lodged your ens 186 application .if your employer take this to immi that you lied with them with fake documents to get grant in ens 186 then it can cause trouble .but if you have done everything right then donot need to worry go ahead .all good

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi wellers


it happen if you are on sub class 457 that offer you to work with your employer for next 2 years but once you have ens 186 granted situation totally change because you already worked with your employer 2 years so that's why you was granted ens 186 ,but when you lodge you application for ens 186 immi ask for 2 more years to work with your employer but as I said after granted ens 186 situation totally change if you get another good offer then it's up to you if you want to leave your employer

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
If u leave the employer you have 90? Days to find a new employer to sponsor you I believe. If you do not you will be asked to leave oz.


Not on a PR visa you wont - this applies to 457 temp visas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can DIBP cancel your visa? Yes, they can. Will they? It seems unlikely but I know I'm not willing to take that chance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now