OZ car recommendations

Guest wardy

Guest bluzee

ali thanks for your comments iv'e taken it on board and thanks again.you seem to understand. i only aimed at the ones aiming at me, did not mean to offend anyone and if i did- sorry guys!/ on a different note nice to meet someone from wa .as im from perth also.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ali thanks for your comments iv'e taken it on board and thanks again.you seem to understand. i only aimed at the ones aiming at me, did not mean to offend anyone and if i did- sorry guys!/ on a different note nice to meet someone from wa .as im from perth also.

Truce :wubclub:

Ali

Hi

Kaye, I hope you don't mind me barging into your car discussion....

I'm looking for a small vehicle coz there's only two of us - but ideally I would like a 4wd so I can go off-road. Anyone got any opinions on good/bad small 4 wheel drives?

Thanks everyone! Hope I don't start any arguments!

HH x

12_7_23.gif WELL THIS IS OUR LITTLE CAR WE ARE TAKING TO OZ .... ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SPARES .... OR ARE WE A 100 YRS TOOO LATE :biglaugh:

MRS KEILY

Hey Bluzee that's better than your Commodore coz it actually visually runs and it's more economical to the gallon ! :biglaugh:

Guest bigjez
Funny you should mention about battered old utes Kaye...For the last few weeks I have been thinking about buying a battered old VW Beetle and doing it up..I never ever wanted one before, but here I would love one

Jo x

how scary is this thread my wife wants an old beetle with flowers on it to go to beach in we will have to buy a cheap as chips car dont slag me off but poss a daewoo lanos year around 2000 or something they seem cheap abot 500 dollers until we can afford something better house is more important any advice would be welcome

Guest wardy

I can just see you driving that sounds looveellly.

Congratulations on the visa I must have missed that news :jiggy:

Guest KilleyClan
When we arrive in Perth in June we have a new Kia Rio Sports waiting for us, which we bought when over in January. Ideal for my wife to use in the city and surrounds but a car that would be no use exploring the Ozzie outback.

Now on to the 4x4's which, surprisingly, have not yet been mentioned on this post.

One of the reasons for moving to Oz (other than for my wife returning home after 18 years in the UK to be back with her parents, which is a minor reason !!!!!! :biglaugh:) is to enjoy the fantastic and unique outdoor life and the only way you can do that is with a Landcruiser or Patrol. Therfore to enjoy this type of lifestyle to the full we will be buying a 5.5 metre trailer boat and caravan/trailer tent to tow all over Western Australia. Also off-roading in Oz is nothing like what it is like in the UK and it is another great way of enjoying and exploring the outback. Also most of the best beaches can only be reached by big 4x4 vehicles. So depending on what you expect your lifestyle to be get the type of transport that suits it.

Happy motoring :spinny:

Ray

the 4x4 sounds like a really good idea and perfect for the sort of lifestyle we want too.

we will be moving to oz with our 4 kids

any suggestions on the best 7 seater 4x4 we could get in oz please?

anyone?

thanks

Emma :daydreaming:

Guest Ron & Chel

Bluzee if your going to argue with people then you have to remember what you are arguing about if you go back to thread No 44 you said you wouldnt buy jap crap then later in your threads you tell us you have a toyota i think you must be one of these little people who just like to upset other people is that where you get your kicks and if you dont want mushy peas fine have snapper chips and gravy when the kids ball comes in to your garden do you look to see if it is made in australia if so they can have it back if it has made in china on it do you put a knife in it and put it in the dustin you really do need to just drop this all the people on here that are going or gone to oz will all eventally fall into the australian way of life just like you have my brother has been there 25 years and has his own company and i have to admit he loves Australia too bits but he says the Australians also love to winge so its not just the brits so i suggest that this thread comes to an end and we all buy what ever car we like life is too short to waste our time and energy slagging each other off about a bloody bit of metal so love peace and tranquility SO THATS THE END OF IT NOW OR YOU WILL ALL BE SENT TO BED WITH NO TEA XXX

Guest bluzee
Hey Bluzee that's better than your Commodore coz it actually visually runs and it's more economical to the gallon ! :biglaugh:

seems like a jealous thing to me:SLEEP:

Guest bluzee
Bluzee if your going to argue with people then you have to remember what you are arguing about if you go back to thread No 44 you said you wouldnt buy jap crap then later in your threads you tell us you have a toyota i think you must be one of these little people who just like to upset other people is that where you get your kicks and if you dont want mushy peas fine have snapper chips and gravy when the kids ball comes in to your garden do you look to see if it is made in australia if so they can have it back if it has made in china on it do you put a knife in it and put it in the dustin you really do need to just drop this all the people on here that are going or gone to oz will all eventally fall into the australian way of life just like you have my brother has been there 25 years and has his own company and i have to admit he loves Australia too bits but he says the Australians also love to winge so its not just the brits so i suggest that this thread comes to an end and we all buy what ever car we like life is too short to waste our time and energy slagging each other off about a bloody bit of metal so love peace and tranquility SO THATS THE END OF IT NOW OR YOU WILL ALL BE SENT TO BED WITH NO TEA XXX

sounds like your slagging me :GEEK:

Guest wardy

I think they are trying to provoke you :no:

All I wanted to know about is cars and peoples honest opinions about what would be good for my family of sports enthusiastic sons.

give the guy a break people :policeman:

Guest Ron & Chel

im not slagging you as you say i was mearly stating the fact im sorry if thats how you feel about it but you started something that it seems to me you dont wont to drop we have had people like you on here before who get on threads just to cause trouble just respect what others have got or what they want and people will respect you this isnt a nasty site its here to help people not slag them or dis them so why dont you just put your hands up and say ok it ends here honestly bluzee nobody really ants to get into a slagging match they just look for help and guidance from others so shake hands

15_10_5.gifand as far as im concerned and everyone else on here it stops now so from Ron and chel have a nice day

Guest asylon

Will this never end?

Good luck in Perth then Kaye! I loved it there, we visited on our way out.

Much more "civilised" than up here in the far nrth.

I'l just say it again...get a Hilux!!! It's an awesome 4x4, a ute, and a comfy 5 seater, and enough room for a baby elephant in the back, should you have one.

It's a far cry from the Corsa we drove round in in London

Ax

Guest bluzee
im not slagging you as you say i was mearly stating the fact im sorry if thats how you feel about it but you started something that it seems to me you dont wont to drop we have had people like you on here before who get on threads just to cause trouble just respect what others have got or what they want and people will respect you this isnt a nasty site its here to help people not slag them or dis them so why dont you just put your hands up and say ok it ends here honestly bluzee nobody really ants to get into a slagging match they just look for help and guidance from others so shake hands

15_10_5.gifand as far as im concerned and everyone else on here it stops now so from Ron and chel have a nice day

thread 67 81 82 if you had followed them i wanted it to end there, yours was 96. you all keep having a dig. i joined this site because i feel i could help someone, the balls in your court! :SLEEP:

Guest Gollywobbler

HI All

I cannot believe that the subject of Australian car brands has not been exhausted by now.

I would suggest that if anybody wants to know more about a particular type of car, that can be discovered via PMs or e-mails.

Additionally, I would suggest that anybody who is interested in further research into this topic might like to try a search of Google Australia, asking it to find discussion boards about makes and models of cars in Australia. Click the button for Australian web pages only, I would suggest. My guess is that there are likely to be several such forums.

I am closing this thread because I do not think it is really doing any more that is useful.

Best wishes

Gill.

Archived