190 January Gang

holspols

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a CO assigned to me today ... that`s goods new i guess :)

however, he asks me to send my passport (which I already sent via immiaccount) and my wife`s proof of functional english (I send her b.sc. studied in english as evidence) ..

did this happen to anyont before ?? to be asked to send documents that u already uploaded to ur immiaccount (it even shows now as uploaded on 9 jan) ..!!!

I hope that doesn`t delay my visa grant further than the supposed 8 weeks period....

and also, do u think that my wife`s proof of func. english (B.Sc. studied in english) is enough ?? and if not, will I be asked to pay the fees or will I -god forbid- be denied the visa right away ?? I`m confused but hopeful

still in the waiting game :)

Edited by minagmaxwell

Hi we lodged our 190 visa on 5th Feb my partner is also a bricklayer and we were hoping to stay the first 5 weeks around Glenelg area too so that we would be central enough to travel north or south to see where work is before we settle for a long let . Hope to keep in touch to see how you get on . If visa is granted looking to go out end of June July so that we could get the kids into there school term which starts near the end of july

Hi yes please do keep in touch! It's lovely to hear people going out there who are in the same boat! I think we have itchy feet now though and waiting is killing us!!! When our visa is granted we are hopefully going to book flights! When we go depends on when the visa is done, if it could be July though it would be ideal for the same reasons as you mention, schools etc. Keep posting on here any updates! Good luck x

@minagmaxwell

I read from the forum and it happens to some people.

Migration agents even print screen documents uploaded to prove they have uploaded the documents, in case of future disputes..

I got a CO assigned to me today ... that`s goods new i guess :)

however, he asks me to send my passport (which I already sent via immiaccount) and my wife`s proof of functional english (I send her b.sc. studied in english as evidence) ..

did this happen to anyont before ?? to be asked to send documents that u already uploaded to ur immiaccount (it even shows now as uploaded on 9 jan) ..!!!

I hope that doesn`t delay my visa grant further than the supposed 8 weeks period....

and also, do u think that my wife`s proof of func. english (B.Sc. studied in english) is enough ?? and if not, will I be asked to pay the fees or will I -god forbid- be denied the visa right away ?? I`m confused but hopeful

still in the waiting game :)

I got my visa grant today ... wohooooo..!!!

thanks dewi , jupiter19

and thanks to everyone in this forum... I really couldn`t have made it this far without you...

I wish everybody here lots of luck :)

Still waiting for a CO here, lovely news to hear visa's being granted.

We are waiting for a CO until we do police checks and medicals so may be a while yet until we fingers crossed get our visa granted we will be off to VIC

Still waiting for a CO here, lovely news to hear visa's being granted.

We are waiting for a CO until we do police checks and medicals so may be a while yet until we fingers crossed get our visa granted we will be off to VIC

hang in there...once u get a CO I think the process will be very quick (I was assigned on yesterday and granted today) but i was uploading everything upfront

I did my PCC on 26 Dec 2013 so I have to be in australia before 26 dec 2014

Good luck going to VIC (i think it`s the best in Oz) ... I`m stuck with canberra for two years (but no complaining here :) )

does anybody know when should I contact the state guys to tell them about my arrival date ?? shall I do it right away or do I have some time to decide ??

Hi there, we're hoping to eventually go down the 190 route - my husband is currently compiling the documents for his skilled assessment - and I wanted to check if anyone else has specified their old salary on previous employment references...? He's already been in contact with his old employers and they've already typed them up so we don't want to have to go back to them now and ask for them to amend them and resend them! Is it really necessary and if so, why?!

Thanks,

I-F :-)

Hi there, we're hoping to eventually go down the 190 route - my husband is currently compiling the documents for his skilled assessment - and I wanted to check if anyone else has specified their old salary on previous employment references...? He's already been in contact with his old employers and they've already typed them up so we don't want to have to go back to them now and ask for them to amend them and resend them! Is it really necessary and if so, why?!

Thanks,

I-F :-)

I'm pretty sure ours did specify wages but I don't know if that is definitely required. We have an agent who has helped us through the process hopefully somebody else will be able to tell you for certain

@minagmaxwell,

Congrats mate

At least now you can start to plan properly. Anywhere in australia isnice, at least there is more sunshine...

God bless...

hang in there...once u get a CO I think the process will be very quick (I was assigned on yesterday and granted today) but i was uploading everything upfront

I did my PCC on 26 Dec 2013 so I have to be in australia before 26 dec 2014

Good luck going to VIC (i think it`s the best in Oz) ... I`m stuck with canberra for two years (but no complaining here :) )

does anybody know when should I contact the state guys to tell them about my arrival date ?? shall I do it right away or do I have some time to decide ??

Good to hear more Visas granted. Hopefully that means they are processing them quickly.

We want/would like to be there by Sept/Oct this year but our agent is adamant we wait till we get a CO before we book meds and do Police checks.

Out of curiosity..how long between booking and dates for meds? cheers.x

Its wonderful to hear that people are getting their golden mail. I am new user in this group...as I have also lodged my visa application on 31st Jan...front uploaded all PCC and Meds...the status has required to received on 13th...any idea if they ask for form 80 or 1221 for spouse??

Hi Joydeep,

there is no minimum time and the maximum times are explained here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

However, the real processing times are usually much shorter these days.

As far as I can tell, 190 Visas are finalized between 4 - 8 weeks, depending on the state.

Which state did you apply for?

Its wonderful to hear that people are getting their golden mail. I am new user in this group...as I have also lodged my visa application on 31st Jan...front uploaded all PCC and Meds...the status has required to received on 13th...any idea if they ask for form 80 or 1221 for spouse??

they didn`t ask me for form 80 or 1221 for spouse...

BTW maybe the state we are nominated by are a deciding factor on the speed of processing...I don`t see much people nominated by ACT here...maybe that`s the reason I was granted sooner than the rest...best of luck to you :)

Hi All,

I'd like to join this thread,

9/12/13 - Applied for State Sponsorship (Victoria - IT - is 261312 Developer Programmer.) -

19/01/14 - State Sponsorship Granted.

30/01/14 - Visa Application Lodged.

Now patiently waiting for CO to be assigned.

A few Questions:-

Anybody else out there looking for a role in IT?

How long are folk waiting for CO?

Is there anybody not certified their uploaded documents?

Cheers

Eddie