189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

Hi guys thank you for all your kind words of support, really appreciate it. Still nothing today and maybe I need to start thinking we won't get it until July :( Who knows. I know this though, if the march lodged gang start getting their grants I'm going to crumble! Does anyone think that they use the meds as an excuse to slow it down and maybe the trade or area you plan to go to have any significance because I can't understand why some get it no probs whilst others are just left waiting. It's so unfair with how much money it costs too. Oh I don't know I've kinda given up trying to work it out! Am I allowed to contact case officer by phone? Or email directly even though I have an agent? Or will I get told off!

I don't know the rules or the appropriate etiquette but I feel that a phone call would definitely calm my nerves if I was in your situation. Don't even know if it is possible to phone . . .

Maybe tomorrow . . . . .

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi kellie

I rang my case officer last night but they just say there's a bottle neck and they are prioritising but they don't know when it will be granted... But it is all complete.

They grant people who need it sooner like someone who's visa has run out and they need the grant to stay in the country. I suppose mine is a low priority.

One part of the conversation I didn't like was that he said if it approaches November I'll definitely have a notification because that's the minimum amount of notice they can give before entering the country so they'll push to grant or they'll have to apply for an extension. Not what I wanted to hear !!! However I think that would be a worst case scenario but it must happen to some people.

Hope it comes soon though fingers crossed tonight !!

with current situation in ukraine, i dont know how to go on. fx rate usd/uah in feb was 7.99, now it is 12.61.i pay rent for my appartment in usd, get salary in uah...I become poorer every day and guess soon will have to apply for some refugee visa

unfortunately,i think they would say that job offer is ok,but your meds are outstanding...

Our meds are with them and it's only my daughters that they are holding up but still have not been told they have been referred and still not been asked for anything else! Would a job offer speed them up? We had meds on 1st march. We have pulled out of our house sale now and taken it off market. We have got to turn down a job offer too now as we can't possibly give a timescale or even guarantee we will get a visa. Im just so stressed now all this uncertainty driving me mad. We wanted to head to Aus in July but that won't happen now. Sorry for the rant guys but I know I can tell you lot and you feel my pain! Xx

with current situation in ukraine, i dont know how to go on. fx rate usd/uah in feb was 7.99, now it is 12.61.i pay rent for my appartment in usd, get salary in uah...I become poorer every day and guess soon will have to apply for some refugee visa

oh karina that sounds terrible, remind me where you are in process? Will you go to Aus ASAP? X

we submitted all docs at the end of feb-beginning of march.had our meds 17.03 and 18.03 my husband's meds werereferred and our co appeared. As of now in immiaccount all docs are received,husband's meds - requested

I know exactly how you feel, it's horrible. I hope you get your grant Karina ASAP you need it more than us so I hope it comes to you very soon. Good luck Karina. X

Brisbane or Gold Coast.Maybe one day we all together will have bbq party...)))To tell you the truth, my parents applied for visa (then it was 126 or 127) in 1996, and they planned to move to Brisbane.But later,in 1997 we all got visa refusal.I was 9 years old. That's why I am very scared to get refusal again. This visa means a lot for me

Hi kellie

I rang my case officer last night but they just say there's a bottle neck and they are prioritising but they don't know when it will be granted... But it is all complete.

They grant people who need it sooner like someone who's visa has run out and they need the grant to stay in the country. I suppose mine is a low priority.

One part of the conversation I didn't like was that he said if it approaches November I'll definitely have a notification because that's the minimum amount of notice they can give before entering the country so they'll push to grant or they'll have to apply for an extension. Not what I wanted to hear !!! However I think that would be a worst case scenario but it must happen to some people.

Hope it comes soon though fingers crossed tonight !!

Froggles

What's this notice to enter the country. Second time I'm reading about it. Care to explain for me please

Our meds are with them and it's only my daughters that they are holding up but still have not been told they have been referred and still not been asked for anything else! Would a job offer speed them up? We had meds on 1st march. We have pulled out of our house sale now and taken it off market. We have got to turn down a job offer too now as we can't possibly give a timescale or even guarantee we will get a visa. Im just so stressed now all this uncertainty driving me mad. We wanted to head to Aus in July but that won't happen now. Sorry for the rant guys but I know I can tell you lot and you feel my pain! Xx

I accepted a job offer before my visa was granted. I don't think it sped up the process. My CO still had to wait for my medical. My agent informed my CO that I needed the visa to change jobs. As soon as we knew the medicals were finalised my agent contacted the CO and the visa was granted the same day. So in that regard it may have sped up the process.

If the person offering the job knows you are waiting for a visa and are prepared to wait then it shouldn't be a problem. Let your CO know that the job offer is there. It can't hurt.

According to Medibank this is the busy season for visa processing so things have been taking longer.

Here we can log into the Medibank website and check the status of our medicals. Is there nothing similar in the UK?

*PS I'm rather jet lagged so I hope this makes sense

Froggles

What's this notice to enter the country. Second time I'm reading about it. Care to explain for me please

Basically as we did our Medicals on the 24/01/14 I have to enter aus by the 24/01/15 if I ever get this visa. Basically the CO said that the latest they can leave you hanging and waiting would be 3 months before that date then they would contact you with some sort if plan !!! It's so stressful waiting and not knowing.

Kellie you should call your case officer I'm sure if you have a job offer riding on it they could accelerate yours ??

My is team 34 Brisbane ..