189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys we are just starting the visa process and would appreciate any advice before we do anything...1st steps etc any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi ya, firstly you need to see if you can get at least 60 points to apply and your occupation needs to be on the skills shortage list. If you go on diac website and look at the SOL to check. You then need to get a skills assessment through the assessing body for your industry. E.g. Diesel motor mechanic is assessed through Vetassess. Once you have a positive skills assessment you may then need to do an IELTS test to gain points for English ability. Then once you have these you can submit an expression of interest as long as you have your 60 points. The points can be made up different ways so check out diac website, even your age is a factor. Make sure if your doing this by yourself that anything you claim in you expression of interest you can prove. E.g. If your claiming points for number of years in your occupation that you have payslips and references to back that up. A lot of the info you use for your skills assessment you use again for lodging your visa. Once you submit an EOI you then wait for an invite to apply for your visa, at that point you get 60 days to lodge your visa application. Once you lodge it you then wait for a case officer to get assigned and they tell you if you need to provide anything else, send you for medicals and complete police clearance checks. Once all that's done you await your grant! And all this costs Loads too! So be prepared, well it's cost us loads because there are five of us! That's about it really. You can get lots of info from the Diac website. There are lots of great people on this thread so if I've missed anything they will come along and add on I'm sure. Good luck with it all. Xxxx

Don't forget though, if your skill isn't on the SOL to apply for a 189 then check the CSOL which allows you to apply for a 190 state sponsored visa. There are advantages to the 190 in that you get an extra 5 points for the state sponsorship which can come in handy if you're struggling to hit the mark, also processing times are shorter once your SS is approved and the 190 isn't points ranked meaning as long as you have 60 points then you'll get an invite rather than a 189 where higher points get invited first. The flip side is that you are limited to living in the state/territory that has sponsored you for a 2 year minimum.

Just a quick one but how do you guys know when you get a grant ?? I'm still waiting and have heard nothing also !! I thought 190s were supposed to be processed quick too?

Depends if you're using an agent or not. I went down the DIY route and I got an email to the email address I registered for contact with my CO with the grant confirmation. If you're using an agent I guess they get the email and then the agent should contact you??

Also 190's are not done on certain dates in the month, you could get the grant notice on any day. Edit. Sorry was thinking of invite dates not grant dates.

Edited by Gareth 666

Oh Kellie23, we also don't have any response. Today is 3 weeks since our meds were referred and we haven't received any requests from MOC (so we don't understand whether meds are in processing or not). Our CO is also silent. I hope they have already received our other documents... This process is killing. Considering unstable situation in Ukraine (we are from UA), this visa could be a real chance for us to live in quite place

Hello,

Need some urgent advise.

Last 7 years I have been working as a consultant. I am not an employee of my company, I work on a contract-basis.

My professional fees simply get credited to my bank account every month, I do not get anything like a pay-slip.

My CO has asked for tax assessments, bank statements and payslips as evidence of my work.

Should I:

1) Tell her that I work as a contractor and do not have payslips.

2) Convince my boss to give me payslips dated back till last 7 years.

My tax assessments, bank account statements are in place.

Would not having the pay-slips be a problem according to you?

Thanks.

We received reply from our team today...

I wrote to them that it was about 3 weeks since meds were referred and asked about timeframes.

And the answer is " Your meds were referred as of 18 March (!!!OF COURSE I know the exact day, that is how I calculated 3 weeks) and when it is finilized we will inform you"

We received reply from our team today...

I wrote to them that it was about 3 weeks since meds were referred and asked about timeframes.

And the answer is " Your meds were referred as of 18 March (!!!OF COURSE I know the exact day, that is how I calculated 3 weeks) and when it is finilized we will inform you"

No point me keep asking then! I'll get told same thing except we have not been told they have been referred just that CO is yet to receive my daughters? Confused.com! And that was 8th march that meds were handed over to DIBP! Just don't get it x

It seems to me that MOC haven't opened our meds yet, since we haven't received any additional requests. Nothing. Just silence

each week/month that goes by cuts down timeframe to enter country by! So as it stands at mo ours is now less than 11 months!

Could tomorrow be the day? :/

I check these posts everyday, and every time I hope to see a post from Kellie 23 that says "Visa Granted!"

followed by lots of smileys and all that good stuff!

Fingers and toes crossed.....I think you have a lot of fans and people on here rooting for you.

Hi Kellie, I know exactly how you are feeling I think I am in a similar situation timescale wise. Our application was submitted on the 28th of January Police checks were sent with the application, medicals done 7th March my children's were uploaded on that day but my wife's wasn't uploaded until 18th of March and my own the 21st of March. Still hoping every day around this time is this the day! My agent has agreed it is strange to not have heard anything by now. We are also Adelaide (team 2)

Could tomorrow be the day? :/

Kellie

I know how you feel. I lodged mine 22 Nov. CO 14 Jan and meds 24Jan. PCC 24 Feb and I have been waiting ever since.

I checked with CO 3 weeks after all docs had been submitted and got the "visa delay" email. So since then I've had to manage my expectation. I've said to myself I will most likely get the grant in July so I dont torture myself daily expecting the golden email but if it comes b4 then then yipeeee!!.

Dont lose hope

Hi guys thank you for all your kind words of support, really appreciate it. Still nothing today and maybe I need to start thinking we won't get it until July :( Who knows. I know this though, if the march lodged gang start getting their grants I'm going to crumble! Does anyone think that they use the meds as an excuse to slow it down and maybe the trade or area you plan to go to have any significance because I can't understand why some get it no probs whilst others are just left waiting. It's so unfair with how much money it costs too. Oh I don't know I've kinda given up trying to work it out! Am I allowed to contact case officer by phone? Or email directly even though I have an agent? Or will I get told off!