189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

Thanks Kellie. Am just not good with these things, bit of a chicken but need to be chilled about for the kids.x

Also, do you need to provide a current smear test result?

No you don't mate, honestly don't worry. I felt like you before hand but it was far more chilled than expected and afterwards I thought what was all the fuss about. Where abouts you going for them? X

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you don't mate, honestly don't worry. I felt like you before hand but it was far more chilled than expected and afterwards I thought what was all the fuss about. Where abouts you going for them? X

Ah,phew! It was the questions she asked made me wonder....

Knightsbridge Doctors, London. (sounds very posh) Closest convenient one to us as OH is currently working in the city. Kids are off school on the 15th, so trip up to London will be fun for them.xx

Visa granted today!!!! Sent the rest of the docs to our agent at 1:30pm and by 6:30pm we had the grant!!!

soooo happy, it's been five weeks since we applied, but a long hard expensive slog!

thank you all for your advice and sharing your timelines! They've kept me same!

Hey, congratulations - all the best for the future!!! It's a great feeling isn't it?

I've been looking at this thread watching everyone get their grants and waiting (not very) patiently. I was also getting nervous as wasn't legally separated from husband and didn't have his meds etc. application was just for me but they still expect hoops to be jumped through and i thought this was going to be a deal breaker....applied for my visa back in December so you can see why i was getting nervous. Had my medical all sent through Feb 21st and still nothing...until TODAY. THought they only sent visa grants through on a monday so was a big shock. I will keep everything crossed for you Kellie23. Keep the faith, its so hard.

Hey, congratulations - all the best for the future!!! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Thank you!

Oh my I have never felt such relief! I was crying I was so shocked! My partner thought I was joking, he wouldn't believe me until I sent him the email!

We had such a disaster with it three years ago, I wasn't sure we would ever get the grant! Our agent was amazing, even though it was expensive, she did most of the hard work!

Happy days! We can now properly start planning the move! Have to be there by September 6th 2014.

Party time!

Still nothing but thanks for your kind words guys. I'm now thinking of pulling out of our house sale as I just can't take the chance of selling house and potentially no visa. :( it's so hard not knowing what's going on!

It is a tough one. When are you due to complete? It is worth discussing the situation with the buyers before pulling out. You could exchange with the view to extending completion date. If they want house they may need to wait a few weeks.

Also it is a shame there isn't anyone you can directly speak to in order to find out where you are. Your CO knows that everything has now been sent?? That you are effectively inactive and have nothing more to do?? Important that everyone is on the same page I guess.

The good news is that your visa grant will possibly be the most celebrated visa grant in PIO history . . . . . :)

It is a tough one. When are you due to complete? It is worth discussing the situation with the buyers before pulling out. You could exchange with the view to extending completion date. If they want house they may need to wait a few weeks.

Also it is a shame there isn't anyone you can directly speak to in order to find out where you are. Your CO knows that everything has now been sent?? That you are effectively inactive and have nothing more to do?? Important that everyone is on the same page I guess.

The good news is that your visa grant will possibly be the most celebrated visa grant in PIO history . . . . . :)

Lol cheers Vanduex, we have had no response yet from case officer so nothing more I can do but wait. No point in keeping on at agent as they have emailed CO. As for house I'm going to give it one more week before making a decision. We sold in February and could complete end of April but that won't be happening unless we get the grant next week. Waiting waiting waiting and more waiting! Apparently no news is good news hmmmmm?

Congratulations to everyone who have recently received their grant!

kellie, I am thinking about you. It is so horrible. I really hope you can hang on with the house sale for a week or so until the grant comes through. There is nothing to suggest it won't is there so I am guessing it is just you have a slow team handling yours (I really hope that is the case anyway). I am sure whoever is buyi the house really wants it now so a few more weeks waiting shouldn't be too bad (they would have to find another house and wait for it to go through so what have they to loose?!). Rooting for you. Really hope next week is your week xxx

Kellie,

We have been following your daily updates with much interest as we were also waiting to hear from our CO.

We finally received our Visa yesterday and our thoughts are with you and your family as we know the despair and feeling of helplessness when you see so many others get theirs.

There does not seem to be any logic with the selection process that we could see and we hope that you get the good news real soon.

Do not give up hope as there is a whole heap of people looking on wishing you all the best of luck.

:hug:

Hi guys we are just starting the visa process and would appreciate any advice before we do anything...1st steps etc any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi ya, firstly you need to see if you can get at least 60 points to apply and your occupation needs to be on the skills shortage list. If you go on diac website and look at the SOL to check. You then need to get a skills assessment through the assessing body for your industry. E.g. Diesel motor mechanic is assessed through Vetassess. Once you have a positive skills assessment you may then need to do an IELTS test to gain points for English ability. Then once you have these you can submit an expression of interest as long as you have your 60 points. The points can be made up different ways so check out diac website, even your age is a factor. Make sure if your doing this by yourself that anything you claim in you expression of interest you can prove. E.g. If your claiming points for number of years in your occupation that you have payslips and references to back that up. A lot of the info you use for your skills assessment you use again for lodging your visa. Once you submit an EOI you then wait for an invite to apply for your visa, at that point you get 60 days to lodge your visa application. Once you lodge it you then wait for a case officer to get assigned and they tell you if you need to provide anything else, send you for medicals and complete police clearance checks. Once all that's done you await your grant! And all this costs Loads too! So be prepared, well it's cost us loads because there are five of us! That's about it really. You can get lots of info from the Diac website. There are lots of great people on this thread so if I've missed anything they will come along and add on I'm sure. Good luck with it all. Xxxx

Hi ya, firstly you need to see if you can get at least 60 points to apply and your occupation needs to be on the skills shortage list. If you go on diac website and look at the SOL to check. You then need to get a skills assessment through the assessing body for your industry. E.g. Diesel motor mechanic is assessed through Vetassess. Once you have a positive skills assessment you may then need to do an IELTS test to gain points for English ability. Then once you have these you can submit an expression of interest as long as you have your 60 points. The points can be made up different ways so check out diac website, even your age is a factor. Make sure if your doing this by yourself that anything you claim in you expression of interest you can prove. E.g. If your claiming points for number of years in your occupation that you have payslips and references to back that up. A lot of the info you use for your skills assessment you use again for lodging your visa. Once you submit an EOI you then wait for an invite to apply for your visa, at that point you get 60 days to lodge your visa application. Once you lodge it you then wait for a case officer to get assigned and they tell you if you need to provide anything else, send you for medicals and complete police clearance checks. Once all that's done you await your grant! And all this costs Loads too! So be prepared, well it's cost us loads because there are five of us! That's about it really. You can get lots of info from the Diac website. There are lots of great people on this thread so if I've missed anything they will come along and add on I'm sure. Good luck with it all. Xxxx

Pretty much covers it. I would contact a migration agent. Many of them will give you some advice and initial consultation for free. Nothing to lose. :)

What do you do Matt?

Come on Kellie :) I reckon we should start a beer challenge like we did with Coolbreeze. Seemed to speed things up. Will be a sweet sweet beer ;)

Pretty much covers it. I would contact a migration agent. Many of them will give you some advice and initial consultation for free. Nothing to lose. :)

What do you do Matt?

Come on Kellie :) I reckon we should start a beer challenge like we did with Coolbreeze. Seemed to speed things up. Will be a sweet sweet beer ;)

Ok let's do it! So how does this beer challenge work? Xx

On DIAC page I have somewhere read that the processing time for visa 189 is around two months only. Is this really the case? It is super fast then if it is.

I guess it should be under condition given that you have submitted all requied documents. Wish u all the best Kellie!!!

our CO keeps silent.I sent her an e-mail on Thursday,asked about my husband's meds and no answer at all.It is 3 weeks since his meds were referred. And considering the fact that today is my bday,i really expected to get visa.Fingers crossed for all who wait visas