189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

Dear Kellie23.

We lodged our visa 24 Feb, undertook meds 17 Mar. The next day my husband's med was reffered to MOC. Everyday I check this thread to check whether you and your family received grant, hoping that we will have ours a few weeks later.... Our CO told us it will take a couple of weeks, but this waiting process is killing. Have you contacted MOC (Global Health) directly? Maybe slight pushing can help

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Lucerad.

Kellie - I am finding myself checking this thread everyday to see if you have your grant....let this week be the week!!

Hi ya, yeah I'm sooooo hoping this week is the week. Feel like I'm walking around with a cloud over my head! X

Hi Kellie,

All four of us had our medicals done at the same time, 3 of them cleared straight away but we had to wait for my daughters to be cleared separately as it was referred to the medical team (not sure who they were) because she was born with hip problems. This took about 2\3 weeks after ours being cleared to go through. Once that was done, our visa was granted. They didn't request any further documents. I think it was just the fact that the CO couldn't clear her as there was a medical problem, so they had to refer it. Everything was fine though, so fingers crossed for you. I was getting really frustrated at waiting for it to clear and then the grant suddenly came through

Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer x

Hi Kellie,

All four of us had our medicals done at the same time, 3 of them cleared straight away but we had to wait for my daughters to be cleared separately as it was referred to the medical team (not sure who they were) because she was born with hip problems. This took about 2\3 weeks after ours being cleared to go through. Once that was done, our visa was granted. They didn't request any further documents. I think it was just the fact that the CO couldn't clear her as there was a medical problem, so they had to refer it. Everything was fine though, so fingers crossed for you. I was getting really frustrated at waiting for it to clear and then the grant suddenly came through

Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer x

you have no idea how much this means to me to hear that! It's just over 3 weeks since ours (4 of us) were cleared so now waiting on my daughters, so hopefully we may hear something this week. The fact you have been through the same scenario (similar) makes me feel better and that we won't just get left. My daughter is deaf in one ear but copes fine with her good ear and excels at school.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease be this week. Everyone on here must be so sick of me now! Lol

Dear Kellie23.

We lodged our visa 24 Feb, undertook meds 17 Mar. The next day my husband's med was reffered to MOC. Everyday I check this thread to check whether you and your family received grant, hoping that we will have ours a few weeks later.... Our CO told us it will take a couple of weeks, but this waiting process is killing. Have you contacted MOC (Global Health) directly? Maybe slight pushing can help

Hi karina, sorry I have only just seen this post. We had our meds on 1st march. Yeah this waiting is horrible and so worrying! How would I be able to contact MOC directly? I could ask my agent? It's the bloody not knowing anything! We had to fish to even find out it was my daughters med that was hold up.

Good luck to you too x

Hi karina, sorry I have only just seen this post. We had our meds on 1st march. Yeah this waiting is horrible and so worrying! How would I be able to contact MOC directly? I could ask my agent? It's the bloody not knowing anything! We had to fish to even find out it was my daughters med that was hold up.

Good luck to you too x

According to another forum the only way to contact the MOC is through your CO. Maybe ask your agent if your CO gas a time frame for you?

Here's the thread I found:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/155958-medical-reports-health-operations-centre.html

Good luck Kellie!

Hi Chami,

I have a similar thing happening. I too got my emedical forms printed. However, the case is different for my wife as she got a medicals done for student visa 10 months ago. It kinda advises to wait for CO to be appointed to determine medicals for my wife.

Although I got my emedical forms printed, I have not booked an appointment as I wanted to do it together with my wife.

Can anyone advice if I can wait till a CO contacts or should I proceed with my medicals and wait for my wife's medical till the CO advice?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Got a mail from skill select that my EOI is suspended because I had applied for a VISA with the EOI. Can anyone please lemme know if it is normal? Also does that mean anything about getting closer for CO appointment?

Thanks in advance guys.

Yes thats normal..you cant have an eoi and visa application In process..its an automated response..does not indicate anything other than that you have lodged application

Got a mail from skill select that my EOI is suspended because I had applied for a VISA with the EOI. Can anyone please lemme know if it is normal? Also does that mean anything about getting closer for CO appointment?

Thanks in advance guys.

Oh man I'm losing the will to live with this! Probably boring you all now with this! Still nothing! Still poxy waiting. Our house may complete end of this month so what do we do if still no grant? Pull out of sale? So fed up. :(

Crikey , we all have our fingers crossed you will be posting 'VISA GRANTED' very soon x

Crikey , we all have our fingers crossed you will be posting 'VISA GRANTED' very soon x

Thank you. Hope to hear something tomorrow as I've asked agent today to email case officer asking him to chase up at his end. Have no idea what the deal is with my daughters medical as not been told it's been referred and not been asked for anything so completely in the dark and still Waiting, not very patiently!

Visa granted today!!!! Sent the rest of the docs to our agent at 1:30pm and by 6:30pm we had the grant!!!

soooo happy, it's been five weeks since we applied, but a long hard expensive slog!

thank you all for your advice and sharing your timelines! They've kept me same!

@Kellie, don't worry, it will come. Unfortunately when you see lots of others being granted, it drives you mad, wondering why yours is not being sorted. I've been trying very hard not to compare but you can't help it. We all understand and are keeping fingers crossed.x

I've just booked our meds and am slightly worried. How intrusive are they, especially for the children? And for me, what do they do? She asked some rather personal questions....

We are a relatively healthy family but it doesn't stop you worrying, does it?

x

@Kellie, don't worry, it will come. Unfortunately when you see lots of others being granted, it drives you mad, wondering why yours is not being sorted. I've been trying very hard not to compare but you can't help it. We all understand and are keeping fingers crossed.x

I've just booked our meds and am slightly worried. How intrusive are they, especially for the children? And for me, what do they do? She asked some rather personal questions....

We are a relatively healthy family but it doesn't stop you worrying, does it?

x

we turned up and had to give a urine sample first even the kids, aged 7 and 8. My 1 yo didn't obviously. Then we went in with doctor they asked us all the questions that we had already answered before medical when you complete the online thingy before hand. Asked me about pregnancy/birth with the kids eg any complications etc. They then ask you to strip off to underwear (even kids) and they do your height weight and get you to lay on bed and feel your stomach, listen to your chest, look in your ears and eyes. They do a quick eye test just reading some letters off the wall. They then did blood tests (over 12 only) and chest X-rays (just adults) and think that was it. They were really friendly. We were there for nearly two hours but that was five of us! Think that was it. Don't worry about anything you will be fine. Xxx

we turned up and had to give a urine sample first even the kids, aged 7 and 8. My 1 yo didn't obviously. Then we went in with doctor they asked us all the questions that we had already answered before medical when you complete the online thingy before hand. Asked me about pregnancy/birth with the kids eg any complications etc. They then ask you to strip off to underwear (even kids) and they do your height weight and get you to lay on bed and feel your stomach, listen to your chest, look in your ears and eyes. They do a quick eye test just reading some letters off the wall. They then did blood tests (over 12 only) and chest X-rays (just adults) and think that was it. They were really friendly. We were there for nearly two hours but that was five of us! Think that was it. Don't worry about anything you will be fine. Xxx

Thanks Kellie. Am just not good with these things, bit of a chicken but need to be chilled about for the kids.x

Also, do you need to provide a current smear test result?