Visa Invite!!!

Vanduex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely!! It is getting faster and faster. Closer and closer. EOI was submitted and then the invite came at first available invite round. Next invite round it 27th so that could be a target for you?

We are hoping to head to QLD, my wife has seen a few areas she likes near the Sunshine Coast. However it is all job related. I will start to apply and see where we end up. What about you?

Absolutely!! It is getting faster and faster. Closer and closer. EOI was submitted and then the invite came at first available invite round. Next invite round it 27th so that could be a target for you?

We are hoping to head to QLD, my wife has seen a few areas she likes near the Sunshine Coast. However it is all job related. I will start to apply and see where we end up. What about you?

i really hope we get invite on 27th everything crossed for that! What's your occupation? We are also going qld Gold Coast. Sooo exciting. Xxx

I am a teacher. So I have some pretty serious research to be cracking on with. Loads of 'really interesting' documents to be sifting through! QLD would be ideal but we are trying to be as flexible as possible :)

What about you? What's your field?

I am a teacher. So I have some pretty serious research to be cracking on with. Loads of 'really interesting' documents to be sifting through! QLD would be ideal but we are trying to be as flexible as possible :)

My hubby is main applicant and is Diesel mechanic. Really hope we get invite at end of month I'll be one happy happy lady x

Out of interest, how are you going about looking for jobs?? Are you registering for QLD only, or are you going to register elsewhere? I'm unsure - I really want to settle in NSW (Southern suburbs of Sydney) but will happily go where I can get a job! Think it's fairly tough to get jobs in the cities...would consider Melbourne or Brisbane areas! I was thinking of applying for private or Catholic schools as you don't need to register for those schools. Do you have any tips etc?? I may start a thread for teachers - there's a few of us on here at the mo!!

Coolbreeze, congratulations! I knew you would get yours as well. It means I am looking for a term 4 starts date or can wait until January 2015 to start work. Will see how the job hunt goes!!! Good to see all us teachers doing well.

Ben, a thread is a good idea. I did a bit of research this morning through old threads. I have a few ideas but not sure which are viable, valuable or genuine.

1 - Agency - My friends (from oz) recommend SMART teachers and HAYS. They have very mixed reviews on the web though and it appears that they are different in each state. For example they strongly recommend Hays for Sydney. I have been interviewed by SMART Teachers and I am in increasing contact with them. They seem strong at MPS and possibly UPS level but they are only just developing the Leadership side of the company so we will see how that goes. I would say that my ontact there appears to be decent and on Skype he knew his stuff. But who knows if that will lead to anything.

2 - Seek. and Careerone - Suppose they are an obvious place to browse but I have noticed people seem to post vacancies on one or the other, not both. Need to place the field as such.

3 - Check out the govt page of each state. I hadn't done this before this morning but I went on the QLD page and found around 40 jobs across QLD. This was the nugget of info I picked up from trawling threads this morning.

4 - Pick and area - go on to the govt pages and get a list of schools. Visit each one and check vacancies - very long, very tedious but who knows what you will find.

That is pretty much my plan as it stands . . . . . Don't know if it is a good one but I feel it gives me every chance.

The other thing to look at I think is the ACARA website and read about some of the work being completed in terms of curriculum and reporting. The timeframe should coincide with our entry into Australia.

Wow quite unbelievable how fast people are getting invites fantastic, knowing my luck ours will take months! Congrats cool breeze. What's your occupation? X

Kellie, I am also a teacher (secondary) - If you look at the reports that DIAC produce regarding their invitation rounds, you will see that if you have 65+ points and your occupation ceiling hasn't been met, you are in for a chance of an invite pretty quick.

Vandeux/teacherben

Have you guys made decisions on whether to teach in the private/state sector? Or is it a case of, secure job, then be picky :). I will be seeking employment in SA - as close to Adelaide as I can get really. I have also heard that HAYS have a strong presence in Oz for teacher recruitment. I did have a look at TES Australia but there really is a limited amount of schools advertising on there. I don't think this has taken off like TES in the UK.

I have noticed that subjects like ICT and Business Studies (my subjects) are rather scarce. This is making me a little worried to be honest. I may have to venture into the TAFE system. I was hoping ICT would be a growing importance in OZ but it would seem they are still a little behind the times.

• 2 weeks later...
Kellie, I am also a teacher (secondary) - If you look at the reports that DIAC produce regarding their invitation rounds, you will see that if you have 65+ points and your occupation ceiling hasn't been met, you are in for a chance of an invite pretty quick.

Hey just thought I would let you know our EOI has been submitted at beginning of last week on 65 points. Very happy with that and now got everything crossed for tomorrow! Really really hoping wishing praying for that invite eeeeeek. Sorry but I had to tell someone and unless you know the process etc it's wasted speaking to most of my friends so thought I would share on here lol. Am I being too optimistic in thinking its possible to get invite that quick?

I don't think you are bring too optimistic. Big group of us submitted and we were all invited at the first available round. May not be the same thing but if you go by those standards then you can expect it. Also it is Monday 27th in Australia quite soon. We all heard on the Sunday. Are you using an agent? Mine phoned me around 2pm on the Sunday as he had recieved the email.

Hey just thought I would let you know our EOI has been submitted at beginning of last week on 65 points. Very happy with that and now got everything crossed for tomorrow! Really really hoping wishing praying for that invite eeeeeek. Sorry but I had to tell someone and unless you know the process etc it's wasted speaking to most of my friends so thought I would share on here lol. Am I being too optimistic in thinking its possible to get invite that quick?

Hey kellie I submitted mine this week and I am also praying for an invite tomorrow! Fingers crossed! My points change in March cos I turn 40 so I am desperate to get an invite in the next few rounds at least!!! Good luck Kellie!

I don't think you are bring too optimistic. Big group of us submitted and we were all invited at the first available round. May not be the same thing but if you go by those standards then you can expect it. Also it is Monday 27th in Australia quite soon. We all heard on the Sunday. Are you using an agent? Mine phoned me around 2pm on the Sunday as he had recieved the email.

i really hope so, I'll let you know soon as I hear anything. Yes using an agent.

Archived