Certifying documents

Guest Rbecca

Guest Rbecca

Ask around to find a JP/Magistrate to certify documents. They are all around the place. I found a friend of my Dad who is a headteacher and JP and a parent of one of my ex-pupils who is also a JP and a school secretary in real life. I managed to get all my stuff certified for free!! Another friend paid £20 for 3 lots of signing with a JP they found through a friend of a friend. Because of the amount of stuff to be certified, I made a tonne of labels with the JP's info on ie

I certify that this is a true copy of the original document

(space for signature)

Name

(place) Magistrate

Address

This saved me loads of time and writing out the same thing. The JP thought it was a great idea and has recommended it to others. I didn't have any trouble doing things this way either.

I have to say it's the only way I have managed to save any money in this whole process!

Rebecca

Guest The.Colebecks
Ask around to find a JP/Magistrate to certify documents. They are all around the place. I found a friend of my Dad who is a headteacher and JP and a parent of one of my ex-pupils who is also a JP and a school secretary in real life. I managed to get all my stuff certified for free!! Another friend paid £20 for 3 lots of signing with a JP they found through a friend of a friend. Because of the amount of stuff to be certified, I made a tonne of labels with the JP's info on ie

I certify that this is a true copy of the original document

(space for signature)

Name

(place) Magistrate

Address

This saved me loads of time and writing out the same thing. The JP thought it was a great idea and has recommended it to others. I didn't have any trouble doing things this way either.

I have to say it's the only way I have managed to save any money in this whole process!

Rebecca

Thanks for the label idea Rebecca, I have printed some ready for signing - a brilliant idea :):)

Love Karen

Karen,

You can also ring around solicitors (I went through) the yellow pages. Some charge per copy and others wanted over £50. I managed to get everything done for skills assessment, Visa application and some spare copies (over 30 in all) for £20. My solicitor had a stamp which said 'certified as a true copy' dated and signed it.

Ali

Guest The.Colebecks
Karen,

You can also ring around solicitors (I went through) the yellow pages. Some charge per copy and others wanted over £50. I managed to get everything done for skills assessment, Visa application and some spare copies (over 30 in all) for £20. My solicitor had a stamp which said 'certified as a true copy' dated and signed it.

Ali

Thanks Ali,

I have a friends who's a JP so we are getting it all signed for a beer ... or three!!

Hugs

Karen

Archived