gurpreetaus

Hi Ozmaniac thanks for info.so is it possible initially if i apply for 189 visa and don't get 5 points from ACS,so on that time can i switch my visa application from 189 to 190 category for getting 5 points from the state sponsorship ? is it possible or not? Thanks in advance.

Edited by gurpreetaus

You must already have your skills assessment before you submit an EOI so the question really shouldn't arise.

If you submit an EOI claiming points for work experience and receive an invitation for a 189 based on those points and then it turns out that you have overclaimed, your visa application will be denied and you will not be given the opportunity to change to a different visa with a lower points requirement.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi,

I want to apply for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) visa.I have total 3.5 years of Experience in IT industry and i just want to know that will i get 5 points for my work experience or not. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

What level qualification do you have in IT? With 3.5 years experience you would need to be qualified at degree standard which would put you in group A with ACS. Did you get your experience before or after gaining your qualification? 3 years experience will get you 5 pts yes.

Kind regards

Thanks ozmaniac..but i think my question was little bit different,actually i wanted to ask if initially i apply for 189 and in some worst case if i dont get 5 points for my work expereince (3-5 year expeience 5 points),so my total points will be 55 , in this case 189 will not be eligible for me, so in that case shall i apply for 190 category for getting 5 points under state sponsarship.Please reply on this..Thanks in advance..

Hi there,

What level qualification do you have in IT? With 3.5 years experience you would need to be qualified at degree standard which would put you in group A with ACS. Did you get your experience before or after gaining your qualification? 3 years experience will get you 5 pts yes.

Kind regards

Thanks Ryan, i have master degree MCA(Master of computer application) and i got my exeperince after completing my master degree only,so in this case shall i get 5 points for my work experience.Thanks in advance.

Thanks ozmaniac..but i think my question was little bit different,actually i wanted to ask if initially i apply for 189 and in some worst case if i dont get 5 points for my work expereince (3-5 year expeience 5 points),so my total points will be 55 , in this case 189 will not be eligible for me, so in that case shall i apply for 190 category for getting 5 points under state sponsarship.Please reply on this..Thanks in advance..

What I was trying to say was that you would then need to submit a brand new EOI and you would also have to obtain state sponsorship from a state that has your occupation on its state list. When you receive a new invitation, you would then need to pay another VAC.