Student Visa Help!

emmaroo

Hi

I have a colleague at work who's 20yr old daughter is due to fly to Brisbane on the 30th Jan. She is waiting on her student visa and has her medicals on the 9th but is growing concerned that the time between her medicals and her flight is tight and does not know what to do should her visa not be granted by the time she is due to leave! Can anyone offer any help or advise?

Many Thanks

Emma

If the visa isn't granted then she has to wait. One girl on my course had to start a month late as her visa took so long.

Personally, my student visa was granted one week after my Medicals. That was back before they wanted proof that you would be leaving at the end of your course though. It could be a bit harder now.

I must admit, I didn't book my flights until my student visa came through. There is no guarantee it would be granted, and I didn't want to risk it.

Flight prices did jump up the day my visa was granted, but hey, better than losing the cost of a whole flight.

I agree but she said it was a condition of the visa that she had a return flight booked?? Anyway I'm just the messenger so I will pass all your info on with thanks

Emma

:cute:

I agree but she said it was a condition of the visa that she had a return flight booked?? Anyway I'm just the messenger so I will pass all your info on with thanks

Emma

:cute:

Every visa I have applied for they state 'do not book your flights until your visa has been granted'. I've not heard anything about that having changed. You must have booked a place on the course and arranged health insurance, but there is no requirement to book flights. They'd be getting sued all over the place when they refused visas for the cost of flights otherwise.

As I say, they generally say 'do not make any travel plans until you have your visa'. Having said that, I didn't get my working holiday visa until the day before my flight left. I was sweating for that one lol.

She still has plenty of time though. If she's from a low risk country she should be fine as long as they are satisfied that she plans to leave at the end of her course. High risk countries and not believing people are going to leave are the things which sometimes (but not always) slows them down.