You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jwe94

First WHV Melbourne area what's everyone's plans?

Going on my own. This will be my first WHV going to be arriving in Melbourne on the 18th. Staying with family for first couple of weeks anyone want to meet up after or around that time? And what's everyone's plans?

Hi and welcome to the forum, how exciting and how great that you have family who you can stay with. There are a number of people who make the move on their own so you won't be alone. Its going to be a case of getting out there and meeting people though, hostels are a great place for this. Are you travelling around Oz or staying in Melbourne?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thank you for responding you in OZ or going any time? And I plan on staying in Melbourne for first 2-3weeks then hopefully backpack somewhere new in OZ any suggestions on good places to go?

hey jwe94, i arrive in melbourne on 31/01/14 on my own too, ill be going straight to various backpackers hostels for 7-10 days and then fly out to where i can find work thereafter, it would be good to meet up if you fancy it! :)

Ye will have to arrange something with meeting up you're plan sounds good go where the work is. What work you looking for?