Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

LOL OK you CHOSE not to settle, the thing is it's a like a little pattern with some returnees, they fail to settle then just hang around to trash Oz...........time will tell eh :wink:

Talking about patterns.........

No you can't assume I have nothing good to say about returnees there are a few really decent folk who don't just whinge, and offer good advice, however there are also those that feel the need to justify there decisions by doing nothing but try and tell those in the process of moving how big a mistake it is, how terrible Oz is etc etc.

I'm currently in the UK, I have been to Oz and am moving there permanently this year thanks for asking.

Gawwwdd! Will it never end?

This can and has been validly levelled at those who are always ready to take a shot at returnees....eh Baz? It has been suggested that it occurs because so many need to qualify that their decision to go to Australia was the right one,...eh Baz?

(One poster who routinely disparaged returnees became one himself two years later, and had the good grace to post and apologise, admitting it was more his need to endorse his decision to settle in Aus ((it was here or 'another place').

Don't keep coming up with this text book tripe. It has been the accusation de jour for a while.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 47403
Talking about patterns.........

Gawwwdd! Will it never end?

This can and has been validly levelled at those who are always ready to take a shot at returnees....eh Baz? It has been suggested that it occurs because so many need to qualify that their decision to go to Australia was the right one,...eh Baz?

(One poster who routinely disparaged returnees became one himself two years later, and had the good grace to post and apologise, admitting it was more his need to endorse his decision to settle in Aus ((it was here or 'another place').

Don't keep coming up with this text book tripe. It has been the accusation de jour for a while.

Struck a nerve then.......................thought it might :laugh:

Show me the posts where I have EVER claimed to be an expert please still waiting melza :-)

Is the UK not cold damp and grey at the moment then? I bet you have that little micro climate someone else always seems to have lol :-)

Funnily enough,where I am no its not.Today was sunny,bright and actually felt a little bit warm!Hope you're heading to Oz somewhere where you'll never experience cold damp and grey!I deffo did when I lived there!My best mate from Q'land always used to whinge how cold it was!I dont have to show you posts where you've claimed to be an expert,you can do that yourself when you post.:-) all the best Bazza!

Guest Guest 47403
Funnily enough,where I am no its not.Today was sunny,bright and actually felt a little bit warm!Hope you're heading to Oz somewhere where you'll never experience cold damp and grey!I deffo did when I lived there!My best mate from Q'land always used to whinge how cold it was!I dont have to show you posts where you've claimed to be an expert,you can do that yourself when you post.:-) all the best Bazza!

Still waiting you made a statement about me, either prove it or be quiet and don't say thing's that are clearly not true :rolleyes:

It was sunny here too....I went rollerblading along the beach promenade and it was unusually warm :cool:

Guest Guest 47403
Oh come on! surely you can do better than that? (I'm actually not being sarcastic bion).

Every time you have no answer, you come up with this sensitivity thing. It's silly.

Oh come on! Wouldn't warrant a response if it didn't strike a nerve/ring true. You feel the need to justify your move back pecca I've seen how down on Oz you get in your posts......................no worries mate, we're all entitled to an opinion.

Guest Ptp113
@ Barry,

I wish you every success, with your wealth of knowledge and having been there before. It's a shame that you have failed to settle in the UK and i look forward to reading your updates on how good Australia is once you have succeeded in settling downunder.

It's better than good!

Oh come on! Wouldn't warrant a response if it didn't strike a nerve/ring true. You feel the need to justify your move back pecca I've seen how down on Oz you get in your posts......................no worries mate, we're all entitled to an opinion.

I did say silly...

It's a discussion forum. We respond,.........and,..and,....sometimes we even disagree...

I'm not 'down on 'Oz'. I have been open on returning forums about my reasons for returning,-and will endorse the right of anyone to do the same, without the Bazfactor incessantly turning up with the same old chant.

Just quit the sensitive/nerve thing-it doesn't become you.

Guest Guest 47403
I did say silly...

It's a discussion forum. We respond,.........and,..and,....sometimes we even disagree...

I'm not 'down on 'Oz'. I have been open on returning forums about my reasons for returning,-and will endorse the right of anyone to do the same, without the Bazfactor incessantly turning up with the same old chant.

Just quit the sensitive/nerve thing-it doesn't become you.

You see that's the thing sometimes you sensitive souls don't even realise when you are actually down on Oz, at least some returnees (even some still there) are open in their distaste for the place, it's far more honourable :wink:

Where in the uk r u baz?

:elvis:

You see that's the thing sometimes you sensitive souls don't even realise when you are actually down on Oz, at least some returnees (even some still there) are open in their distaste for the place, it's far more honourable :wink:

Unfortunately I have a low tolerance to the cold compared with most people. I know that by comparing what I wear to what others are wearing. We are all different. It was sunny here and I took a walk lunchtime dodging the puddles but I was cold even though it is probably above average for January. Trouble is even average July and August (22 I think) in England is not really warm enough for me. Not knocking UK by the way; as chilly, damp countries go it is probably the best.

I know what u mean but it was fun taking the mick outta baz. I did have a deer stalker hat a big coat on AND was rollerblading....prob why I was warm. Havjng said that, I am happy with between 10-28 degrees and it has been hovering around double figs so not bad for this time of year

Unfortunately I have a low tolerance to the cold compared with most people. I know that by comparing what I wear to what others are wearing. We are all different. It was sunny here and I took a walk lunchtime dodging the puddles but I was cold even though it is probably above average for January. Trouble is even average July and August (22 I think) in England is not really warm enough for me. Not knocking UK by the way; as chilly, damp countries go it is probably the best.

I reckon that a 'sensitive soul' would be 'sensitive' enough to have some awareness of how they actually think and feel by virtue of being 'sensitive'.

You do not have that problem.

Guest Guest 47403
Come on Baz, you haven't answered the question how long you were on holiday in Oz for? You must be in a terrible area of the UK as it was lovely blue sky today, not a drop of rain and the sun was shining.

No ones asked me how long I was in Australia for have they gary?

Don't you even dare start on about how great the British weather, your the wrong side of the Pennines to be doing that :laugh:

What makes you think I'm in a bad area? Another one seeing posts that aren't there, show me what I've posted to indicate I'm in a bad area of the UK gary.

Guest Guest 47403
I reckon that a 'sensitive soul' would be 'sensitive' enough to have some awareness of how they actually think and feel by virtue of being 'sensitive'.

You do not have that problem.

Some can be a tad over sensitive...................eh pecca :biggrin:

Guest Guest 47403
Silly again. That isn't oversensitivity! it's the irritation of having to continually swot at a blowfly!

No the irritation is due to a deep down feeling that you know I'm actually right :-)

Anyway keep the anti Oz sentiment going pecca it's good you bring some balance to PIO ;-)

Guest guest30085

WDU - ok for looking at the scenery and if taken as 'light entertainment'

Completely unrealistic on house prices, job opportunities etc (a bit like Bully's Special Prize - here's what you could have won). Why show the visitors a house that is £100-200,000 above their maximum budget?

Presenters = need replacing! All of them :twitcy:

:wubclub:

WDU - ok for looking at the scenery and if taken as 'light entertainment'

Completely unrealistic on house prices, job opportunities etc (a bit like Bully's Special Prize - here's what you could have won). Why show the visitors a house that is £100-200,000 above their maximum budget?

Presenters = need replacing! All of them :twitcy:

:wubclub:

To be fair I think this is intended for realism as the house that is well over budget is typically the one that meets all their initial expectations. It is saying to them that this is how far from reality you are.

Having said that with the change in the exchange rate since this was filmed these houses are in their budget now.