Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

there seemed to be alot of contradictions in this episode

"want same job in oz with pastoral element" yet same job working so much in uk is grinding them down and eating into their family lives? .... without working parttime .. how would this change?

the guilt trip of grandparents .... " i feel my heart is being wrenched out .... but i wouldnt stand in there way " ...

this episode very dramatic!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I would grade it as a 6/10 (10 being the most deluded, blissfully ignorant dreamers)... as if they hadn't already had their house (under) valued before applying to WDU :confused:

The thing I dont undersrand is how serious are they if the first thing they do is apply to be on a tv show? I say the first thing as it doesn't appear they have done an ounce of their own research!

And perhaps some sensible and realistic people apply too, but they wouldn't be gobsmacked every time GBP was compared against AUD as they would see that's not a realistic comparison.

When I apply I will take acting lessons to see how much I can wind up people just like me :P

I actually do love this program :)

Pretty daft episode.

Phys Ed teachers are plentiful in Australia and he would struggle to get a job. He would be mad to leave the UK without having one arranged at the very least.

He asked if his qualifications would enable him to work here, the answer was 'probably'. What should have been asked of him was whether he had four years of tertiary education, because if he only has a three year Bachelor then the unequivocal answer is no.

It also made me laugh that they think teachers leave the school at 3pm. Oh dear.

Why do so many people on WDU think that people in Australia work fewer hours and have less pressure? It just isn't true.

Why do so many people on WDU think that people in Australia work fewer hours and have less pressure? It just isn't true.

Apparently there's no rush in Australia, the pace of life is so much slower!!!

Surely that depends on who you are and what you do?

And if they don't like their life in the UK what makes them think they will like it any more once they've picked it up and moved it to a different country?

Can't wait for next weeks... hope it's in Vic xx

So this is a new outfit?

How sad r we? .....I dont care, I know what I like and I like wdu

:embarrassed::embarrassed:

I think they just add the same voice over to each episode lol

She wore fluorescent yellow this week :rolleyes:

Love it love it love it!! It's great, look forward to it every year. Enjoy watching people seeing it all with fresh new eyes.

The revisited ones are better, although the original episode is the first 3/4 of the program.

Will watch it on iplayer later.

Love it love it love it!! It's great, look forward to it every year. Enjoy watching people seeing it all with fresh new eyes.

The revisited ones are better, although the original episode is the first 3/4 of the program.

Will watch it on iplayer later.

"fresh new eyes"' or before they take the rose tinted blinked glasses off and reality sets in. TV for the impressionable just like Jezza on the other side.

Edited by garyupnorth

Guest Guest 47403
"fresh new eyes"' or before they take the rose tinted blinked glasses off and reality sets in. TV for the impressionable just like Jezza on the other side.

Now now gazza just because you failed to settle doesn't mean you have to make it your life's quest to try and trash everyone else's hopes and dreams.

It is a source of surprise to me how many seem to feel that all they have to do is transplant themselves to Australia and all their problems will be solved. Children happier, financially better off, less work, more free time visiting the beach and wildlife sanctuaries etc. The only downside is leaving behind friends and family it seems and most appear to have given little thought to that part until they see the videos. Clearly a one-week expenses paid trip to Australia is nothing like day to day life. I watch the programmes for the locations etc but there should be more 'reality' in this reality show.

I havnt watched today's episode yet. Must say I thought the young lady on yesterday's programme was lovely, they seemed like a lovely couple. I went on the website and they chose to stay in the UK after all so they could be near family, good decision I think considering how emotional she was. Very bubbly girl I thought, and I liked when she said how when the sun's shining you always feel better, I agree with this, I always feel better when the weather's lively and I think you can take the kids out more too, doesn't cost anything, picnic, towels, down the park, beach whatever. The couple they met up with were the family who'd made the move to Christies beach from the previous series, I really enjoyed that episode too and they seem to have a good positive outlook, with a positive outcome too. Love it when it works out xx

Edited by jodipodi

Or if your up for a laugh and want to view Aussie wild life check out some of the Bogan comedies on tv in recent times. Swift and Shift Couriers or Pizza Boys along with a host of others, with barely a cute furry animal in sight.

WDU. Probably goes towards the contribution of a number of disgruntled Poms once touching base here. Although many may be aware it's a fabrication, many still want to believe..