Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

I would just like to agree with everything already said.

I will add that I record all the episodes (delete NZ of course) and keep all the VIC ones to play back to OH in a few years when the wheels are in motion.

Ah well, must get back to Nothing to Declare followed by Outback Truckers (OH is an HGV driver) x

I watch those too. Love the trucking stuff

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Phil Spencer - Secret Agent downunder. Like location location location but in Oz.

It's a little slow like all these things are, but I also love just seeing the houses and areas. He is slightly more realistic about the houses available in peoples price ranges, and thinks about what you really want. I'm planning to move to the North Shore, and the rubbish available up there for horrible prices has scared the bejezzus out of me!

Will be searching that one out....thanks :wub:

I've watched a few shows,but it annoyed me too much so stopped viewing!:cute:What annoyed me?Ok comments from potential emigrants like "I'm sick of working 60+ hrs per week to just make ends meet"(Errr no one I know works over 37.5,so if you're working THAT many hours,you're the creator of your own reality!Said guy lived in a mini Mc Mansion in Wales)...."I'm fed up of the kids always being stuck inside"(My kids are aussies and have spent the same amount of time outside as what they did when we lived in Oz).......(Lady)"I want to give up work,and spend more time with my kids when we make the move,thats really important to me"(later in the show when they are comparing the costs)Lady: "yeah looks like I am going to have to work afterall,ah well"Grrrrr lol

yes.....sometimes u just wanna shake those people ....the best one is "we are doing it for a better life":err:

I've never been to Jersey. Is it really idyllic?

Umm, yes I think so. It is beautiful. The beaches are truly amazing. As good as many I have seen in exotic locations. But it is small (9milesx5miles)and the winters, though mild and pleasant are long with not much to do. France may be only 14miles away but it's expensive to hop over there or to the other islands. It is clean and safe though so a great place to bring up children.

That said we are off to Oz next year, our visas having been granted. We have 3 small children and just want to give them every opportunity. Enable them to know the world is a big place, feel ambitious enough to explore, confident enough to be themselves. This is not something we believe can be achieved in the UK or Europe in the coming years.

But I recommend Jersey for a long weekend....spring, summer or autumn xx

Umm, yes I think so. It is beautiful. The beaches are truly amazing. As good as many I have seen in exotic locations. But it is small (9milesx5miles)and the winters, though mild and pleasant are long with not much to do. France may be only 14miles away but it's expensive to hop over there or to the other islands. It is clean and safe though so a great place to bring up children.

That said we are off to Oz next year, our visas having been granted. We have 3 small children and just want to give them every opportunity. Enable them to know the world is a big place, feel ambitious enough to explore, confident enough to be themselves. This is not something we believe can be achieved in the UK or Europe in the coming years.

But I recommend Jersey for a long weekend....spring, summer or autumn xx

We visited Jersey earlier this year for the first time.

I have to say, it was not at all what I expected. It was FAR FAR BETTER. We absolutely loved the place.

Yes the beaches are beautiful and the country pubs were just gorgeous. In fact, we said at the time "yes, we could live here" lol. I think the authorities in Jersey are very particular who they let in though, anyone who lives there is very lucky indeed IMO

Glad you found quest lol x

I'm off on Mondays anyway so WDU will be my treat before my 3 days in uni x

I can't believe how much I want to go back to uni though and I have another 3 weeks off :'(

Sounds crazy after 14yrs of working (sometimes shifts) over xmas and new year but I'm so bored...

... I'm watching a 2008 WDU But its the one with a single mum who wants to rent so happy days :)

I think u wanna go back coz its nice to get back into a routine after xmas.

ENJOY WDU!

:cool:

Glad you found quest lol x

I'm off on Mondays anyway so WDU will be my treat before my 3 days in uni x

I can't believe how much I want to go back to uni though and I have another 3 weeks off :'(

Sounds crazy after 14yrs of working (sometimes shifts) over xmas and new year but I'm so bored...

... I'm watching a 2008 WDU But its the one with a single mum who wants to rent so happy days :)

oh dear... just started watching today's WDU, I do sincerely hope they find a better life in Australia!

Why can't they be quite happy with the same kind of life but perhaps a different lifestyle!!

And why is it that there's always one of them who doesn't really fancy it??

Oh and the grandparents.... Boo chuffing Hoo :'(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead:

got it set up to record too. to be honest, i always fast forward the video from home bits. I'm sure it makes good tv, but i'm interested in seeing where they are looking, some of the house options etc. Quite liked Phil Spencers's secret agent down under. it was pretty good. :)

I record it so it can entertain me when I'm doing my ironing, I'm off today as kids still not back at school so watched it. I always wait for the moment they see a large open plan kitchen as that 'always seals the deal'. This couple today were no exception as the lady announced she would 'happily give up everything to live in this house' (that was way over their budget). When they did the sums they were going to be £1700 per month worse off despite earning 20k PA more. They would also have to sell their house at a loss at around £185k but had a budget in Oz of £300k..? (Their annual shopping bill increased 4k GBP).

But of course they still chose Australia because it would be a better life for their children. In Australia everyone finishes work at 3pm and heads to the beach...even if that were true it would bore me rigid.

And don't you notice when they show you the residential areas it's like a ghost town....this is actually the only reality I can see-all the 'outdoor living' we found to be none existent.

All that said I think they are young enough to give it a try- just maybe need to open their eyes a bit...could be the editing I suppose.

Edited by Conniebygaslight

I record it so it can entertain me when I'm doing my ironing, I'm off today as kids still not back at school so watched it. I always wait for the moment they see a large open plan kitchen as that 'always seals the deal'. This couple today were no exception as the lady announced she would 'happily give up everything to live in this house' (that was way over their budget). When they did the sums they were going to be £1700 per month worse off despite earning 20k PA more. They would also have to sell their house at a loss at around £185k but had a budget in Oz of £300k..? (Their annual shopping bill increased 4k GBP).

But of course they still chose Australia because it would be a better life for their children. In Australia everyone finishes work at 3pm and heads to the beach...even if that were true it would bore me rigid.

And don't you notice when they show you the residential areas it's like a ghost town....this is actually the only reality I can see-all the 'outdoor living' we found to be none existent.

All that said I think they are young enough to give it a try- just maybe need to open their eyes a bit...could be the editing I suppose.

1700 pounds per YEAR worse off, not month.