Business Innovation Visa 188

wastepaperman

Hi i am planning to apply for a Business Innovation 188 visa and buy a running business in Australia. I am confused about the investment criteria for starting a business with every state having different investment requirements. ACT has mentioned 200,000$ and others have different requirements. But they are also saying that we need to meet the DIBP criteria in which they are saying that we should have 800,000$ in net assets which should be transfered to Australia within 2 years of grant of the visa. So please someone tell me that for eg if i plan to open a business in ACT Canberra do i need to invest 200,000$ or do i need 800,000$. How much money do i need in order to be eligible to start a business under the 188 visa. Thanks

Suggest you might look at the requirements of the Business Innovation stream of the subclass 888 permanent residency visa, and work backwards from there.

For 188 visa Business Innovation stream applicants generally, please also be mindful of business structure in Australia - some advisors will steer business owners towards tax effective structures, but you must be careful not to prejudice the permanent residency visa outcome in due course, assuming that is a desired outcome following arrival in Australia.

Best regards.

• 2 years later...
Guest Dolphins

Hi am new to this as am planning to apply for the 188 visa. As far as I understand, processing times have changed and its now up to 14months. On their website, it says financial statements of the last 2 years. In your experience, did you have to submit tax returns and bank accounts too?

Is anyone able to share their timeline from the start to the end when visa was granted?

1 hour ago, Dolphins said:

Hi am new to this as am planning to apply for the 188 visa. As far as I understand, processing times have changed and its now up to 14months. On their website, it says financial statements of the last 2 years. In your experience, did you have to submit tax returns and bank accounts too?

Is anyone able to share their timeline from the start to the end when visa was granted?

These are extremely complex visas and you should take proffessional advice from a registered migration. Alan who has posted above is well known for expertise in these and his contact details are in his signiture. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I applied for Queensland 188 provisional visa

15/03/18 - EOI submitted with Queensland state and got invitation within week. 

02/04/18 - applied and paid (with 90 poi ts) 

14/04/18 - reached documents at Adelaide (thru courier).

Now waiting. Anybody has any idea regarding next?  I mean when they will contact (CO) or any update from them. 

6 minutes ago, Indo said:

I applied for Queensland 188 provisional visa

15/03/18 - EOI submitted with Queensland state and got invitation within week. 

02/04/18 - applied and paid (with 90 poi ts) 

14/04/18 - reached documents at Adelaide (thru courier).

Now waiting. Anybody has any idea regarding next?  I mean when they will contact (CO) or any update from them. 

What does the Department of Home Affairs web page say about processing times for this type of visa?

Best regards.

46 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

What does the Department of Home Affairs web page say about processing times for this type of visa?

Best regards.

As published on website, it says 15 to 21 months (from EOI to final result)  and it can be minimise, if you repond to them promptly. 

As i know from previous threads that once CO contacts you, then your case comes to final decision in near time. 

Is it correct and are there any timelines, when we will allot CO.

I heard that you will be contacted within month now-a-days after applying and paid. 

10 minutes ago, Indo said:

As published on website, it says 15 to 21 months (from EOI to final result)  and it can be minimise, if you repond to them promptly. 

As i know from previous threads that once CO contacts you, then your case comes to final decision in near time. 

Is it correct and are there any timelines, when we will allot CO.

I heard that you will be contacted within month now-a-days after applying and paid. 

Where did you hear you will be contacted within a month?

Please quote your source!

Best regards.

9 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Where did you hear you will be contacted within a month?

Please quote your source!

Best regards.

Not a reliable source though, consulted someone before applying.

Thanks

Point is, do you have any answers to my query

Regards

2 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Based on my subclass 188 visa caseload I'd not be expecting to hear anything for about 12 months.

Best regards.

Didnt expect that backlog.

Any recent grants of 188 visa?

Any timelines? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I applied for Queensland 188  A ( Business Innovation provisional visa ) (I have an Agent ) 

13/09/18 - EOI submitted with Queensland state and got invitation next day and got 2 weeks to attach documents .

28/09/18 - attached  documents   ( 3 forms:  1139,  188 Business Proposal and 188 Innovation Application Form  )  

Can anyone tell how was with his case how long is waiting time for 188A ?   

Thanks 

On 04/10/2018 at 05:02, Izabela36 said:

I applied for Queensland 188  A ( Business Innovation provisional visa ) (I have an Agent ) 

13/09/18 - EOI submitted with Queensland state and got invitation next day and got 2 weeks to attach documents .

28/09/18 - attached  documents   ( 3 forms:  1139,  188 Business Proposal and 188 Innovation Application Form  )  

Thanks 

Ask your agent.  Another agent replied above to say 12 months.

Dear Sirs,

unfortunately this visa is a Scam.

To have the pr you will need to apply for a 888. 

And you will need a new EOI... if they will refuse to give you, as they are doing now, you will loose all your investment. They will give you only 28 days to leave the country, but to sale a business you need some months.

Australia now is very poor. They Will oblige you to employ Australians but they are the worst workers in the world. They will oblige you to make a big turnover and they know that you can't do that. 

You can't sale your business to a new business migrant, otherwise they will refuse the 888.

they are changing the rules for citizens, so all migrants have to stay in a limbo without rights. Before 1 year, now 4 and next year will be 8....

even if they will accept (difficult) your new eoi when you will apply for 888, they will try to refuse the visa.  It happens to a lot of people.

but, only after the application, of the 888 they will inform you that even if you will be pr you have to keep a business....,otherwise they will cancel the pr. Also this is happen. Look on rules to cancel a pr business visa on web site.

at the moment you lost only the visa cost.... in the future you can loose all your money. 

Take more information about. 

They are cheaters, they do not have a real economy, and the dibp is a racist department. 

Good luck 

Yes, I know also people that didn't get the 888, of course.

I can tell you my experience.

When I applied for 188 they was very friendly.

when I bring and invest 850k aud Very Very friendly.

When I start to ask information for 888.................THEY CHANGE

1- new EOI.....tey said that they have to analize if the investment that we agreed and signed with the government .....should be good for the 888,

if they decide that they do not want 'restaurant' in the city, they will no let you apply for 888.

think about...why do they have to request again the EOI (CRAZY)

2- they give us a big turnover to respect to apply for 888

3- they request 2 citizen to work full time in the business

4- they do not allow us to sale to business migrant..........nobody will purchaise your business

5- they ask for 24 months of management

6- they say that 24 montys was not enough 

7- they refuse us the 888 and give us 28 days to leave the country  (just to sale a business if you are luky you need 6 weeks for the process.....) if you have a buyer

8- we was oblidged to go to curt and we win after we pay 30k of expenses. 

9- they said that even with the 888 we have to manage a business....or they can reject the 888

10- we sold the business and we go back to Europe.

Go there, do not buy anithyng......stay 1 year, after you will understan how they are poor, that is an unsafe place......too much criminals.

After one year you should be able to take a decision.

regards

I agree with you guys this Visa is completely a scam !

after I submitted my EOI in 2014, I received 3 invitation Queensland , New South Wales and Western Australia, after 6 days. Then I choose and paid I received the Grant notification after 10 months.

After I choose , brought the investment , spent my money, provide job for 2 (very lazy) citizen, made the impossible turnover they request because economy is very bad at this stage, paid all taxes , I have been told I have to ask again for a new reconfirmation. 

This has never been told before.

They decided to do not reconfirm me because plenty of business like mine there... so there are looking to populate the rural areas.

this is incredible and not fair at all ! 

They cheat me !

They know which business I was going to open, they were very interesting in my assets/money , they request and gets my taxes BUT after all of that they decide do not reconfirm me because they change their mind .

Those people are unstable like the electricity they supply that 2 tines in one year burn my equipments !

I lodge my complain for those damages I was not qualify to get the refund, because they said does not depend on them. But others shops have suffered same damages and have been refunded ... probably because they are Aussies and I am not. 

Now on I am obliged to “sell” my business in very few time before my 188 expiry otherwise I will loose everything. 

I spoke with a qualified Layer and he told me I am not the only one , lot of other “skilled migrants” have been ripped off by this thieves !

I hope my history will help others not to do my mistake.

1 hour ago, Maria Ross said:

I agree with you guys this Visa is completely a scam !

after I submitted my EOI in 2014, I received 3 invitation Queensland , New South Wales and Western Australia, after 6 days. Then I choose and paid I received the Grant notification after 10 months.

After I choose , brought the investment , spent my money, provide job for 2 (very lazy) citizen, made the impossible turnover they request because economy is very bad at this stage, paid all taxes , I have been told I have to ask again for a new reconfirmation. 

This has never been told before.

They decided to do not reconfirm me because plenty of business like mine there... so there are looking to populate the rural areas.

this is incredible and not fair at all ! 

They cheat me !

They know which business I was going to open, they were very interesting in my assets/money , they request and gets my taxes BUT after all of that they decide do not reconfirm me because they change their mind .

Those people are unstable like the electricity they supply that 2 tines in one year burn my equipments !

I lodge my complain for those damages I was not qualify to get the refund, because they said does not depend on them. But others shops have suffered same damages and have been refunded ... probably because they are Aussies and I am not. 

Now on I am obliged to “sell” my business in very few time before my 188 expiry otherwise I will loose everything. 

I spoke with a qualified Layer and he told me I am not the only one , lot of other “skilled migrants” have been ripped off by this thieves !

I hope my history will help others not to do my mistake.

This doesn't align with my experiences advising and assisting business owner clients.

Which State sponsored you?

What type of business did you operate in Australia?

Best regards.

I suppose you are a migration agent, isn't ? So you did not know that reconfirmation can be denied if market or economic circumstances would change ? Another important matter is : why do I need a reconfirmation after 2/3 years when at this stage all the steps have been done ?

I mean to apply for 888 Visa I need to have already brought the assets in Australia, spent the money into the business , employed 2 full-time citizen employee for the last 12 months, realized the turnover , paid the taxes. After I have done all of that why do I need to ask again to the Sponsor State to reconfirm me ?

This is a cheat - dirty play.

Naturally if i had would know before i would never apply for this visa , but both migration agent and government website intentionally did never mention about that !

Hope this information can help someone to avoid a big mistake. 

12 hours ago, Maria Ross said:

I suppose you are a migration agent, isn't ? So you did not know that reconfirmation can be denied if market or economic circumstances would change ? Another important matter is : why do I need a reconfirmation after 2/3 years when at this stage all the steps have been done ?

I mean to apply for 888 Visa I need to have already brought the assets in Australia, spent the money into the business , employed 2 full-time citizen employee for the last 12 months, realized the turnover , paid the taxes. After I have done all of that why do I need to ask again to the Sponsor State to reconfirm me ?

Naturally if i had would know before i would never apply for this visa , but both migration agent and government website intentionally did never mention about that !

Hello Maria Ross.

The requirements for the granting of the permanent subclass 888 visa are well known and (so far as I am aware) have not changed with retrospective effect.

It seems to me that you were not well informed or advised ... which I suggest is not the fault of the Australian Government.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2018 at 00:32, Izabela36 said:

Thanks 

Hello

I have applied and submitted my application since 6 months and no reply yet. Also i have one known person who had applied since 8 months with no contact from DHA. 

On 18/10/2018 at 01:38, Maria Ross said:

Hello Maria, 

I have a few queries regarding your case

1) was your business same as you shown to get state nomination? 

2) can main applicant work in other businesses to get experience?

3) can spouse/wife work anywhere in Australia? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/10/2018 at 12:52, Indo said:

Hello

I have applied and submitted my application since 6 months and no reply yet. Also i have one known person who had applied since 8 months with no contact from DHA. 

Hi i just gote information from my agent that we got  invitation from BSMQ and we have  60 days to lodge  visa application.  So know I  wait for list of extra Documents which are need it.  Indo can i ask if u  applied for 188A 188B or 188C ?

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, Izabela36 said:

Hi i just gote information from my agent that we got  invitation from BSMQ and we have  60 days to lodge  visa application.  So know I  wait for list of extra Documents which are need it.  Indo can i ask if u  applied for 188A 188B or 188C ?

Thanks 

188.A business innovation