Business Innovation Visa 188

wastepaperman

I have just submitted our visa application on 16th November 2013. i would love to hear from anyone who has applied for the 188 visa and what the expected timeline is on this visa.

We put in the expression of interest in September and had our invitation to apply by 16th October 2013. That gave us 60 days to submit our application and we managed to get it all together within 30 days. All of the paperwork was sent to Adelaide and was received a week after our application was submitted.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Its hard to find people who have applied for business visa. I have applied EOI for business innovation 188 and now applying for Regional NSW nomination. I have heard it takes around 6-8 months to get visa, however, its varies from high risk to low risk countries and also the choice of State and business you want to do in Australia.

Can you tell me what business did you applied and which state... how long did it takes you to get nomination .

Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hallo we apolide for 188 VISA on 19 march. We Made The eoi on February 2014. After one week we received 3 invitation Queensisland , Nsw, Western Australia. The we choose Western Australia and we applied. They sent us a list if documents to be prepared and some medical checks. We sent the packed by FedEx 19 march and the same date we paid the visa. Last week 6 may we made the medical checks. My question is how many time it takes to get the visa ? Into Dibp website it is written 9 mounths. Thanks for your reply

• 1 month later...

Hi what a great news ! Congratulation ! How many time the dibp give you to relocate there ? I mean do you have to flight in Australia immediately or you have like 6/8 months to organize all ? Regards Cinzia

Edited by Cinzia74

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

This is a great news.

We are still waiting !

we lodge the visa and payed on 19 March.

On 30 of March we send all documents including police certificate.

On 5 of May we made the medical checks

but until now we have not been assigned to any case officer.

could you refresh me after your visa application how many time passed to reach a case officer ?

Thanks regards Piero

QUOTE=wastepaperman;1936561522]Yes, we have till 23rd April 2015 to arrive, which is 1 year from the medical date.

How are you getting on ?

Hi guys, we are applying for a 188 as well. At the moment we have just sent off our SS form to WA and that should reach them by start of next week.

Wastepaperman, we were told that the 4years starts from the moment that the Visa is granted, can you confirm if this is correct? We are worried that we will get the visa too early & lose several months as we wont be ready to emigrate until May/June next year!

Congrats on finally receiving yours & when are you heading over? Do you know which line of business you will go into?

Jackie

To Jackie,

What we know is that,

normally you will have 12 months from the date of the medical ceck

to use for the first tim the visa.

so its not date from grant but date from entering Australia then? that would be so much better for us, thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi Jackie

The visa will last for 4 years from the date it is granted. I've just checked mine for you. The initial entry deadline date is 1 year from when you had your medical, that is why it is important not to get your medical done, till you are asked for it.

i arrived late August this year and we are based in Brisbane, Queensland.

if you want any more advice i will do my best for you, as there are not many people that apply for this visa stream

neil

Hi guys, we are applying for a 188 as well. At the moment we have just sent off our SS form to WA and that should reach them by start of next week.

Wastepaperman, we were told that the 4years starts from the moment that the Visa is granted, can you confirm if this is correct? We are worried that we will get the visa too early & lose several months as we wont be ready to emigrate until May/June next year!

Congrats on finally receiving yours & when are you heading over? Do you know which line of business you will go into?

Jackie

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have just submitted an EOI for a 188 business visa. Reading here it seems not many people apply for this type so I will post updates as they happen.

I scored 95 points but would be interested to know what others got?

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Jay Rocket

Good luck with your application ! What State have to applied to ?

Where are you from ?

What do you want to do here ?

i found hardly anyone else on the same visa stream here so i got very little information whilst my application was going through but we got there in the end.

Need any help just let me know.

Hi all,

I have just submitted an EOI for a 188 business visa. Reading here it seems not many people apply for this type so I will post updates as they happen.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi all,

Cheers,

Jay

JayRocket here is our timeline fyi -

15/7/14 - Applied S/S

22/9 - Granted

10/9 - EOI Lodged with 85 points

15/9 - Granted

14/10 - Visa Lodged

17/10 - Request from Immi for more docs & meds & PCC

13/11 - All of above submitted

16/2/15 - Request from Immi for more docs

12/3 - Above submitted

Will you be any quicker because of your extra 10 points??? Good luck & let us know how you get on. We 188 visa bunch are very few and far between lol

Hi Jay Rocket

Good luck with your application ! What State have to applied to ?

Where are you from ?

What do you want to do here ?

i found hardly anyone else on the same visa stream here so i got very little information whilst my application was going through but we got there in the end.

Need any help just let me know.

Cheers WPM.

I'm from the UK and I've applied South Australia because we know people there. The plan is to replicate my UK business down there, basically buying products wholesale and selling them online.

How did you find it when you got to Australia in terms of adjusting to their business laws, procedures etc?

JayRocket here is our timeline fyi -

15/7/14 - Applied S/S

22/9 - Granted

10/9 - EOI Lodged with 85 points

15/9 - Granted

14/10 - Visa Lodged

17/10 - Request from Immi for more docs & meds & PCC

13/11 - All of above submitted

16/2/15 - Request from Immi for more docs

12/3 - Above submitted

Will you be any quicker because of your extra 10 points??? Good luck & let us know how you get on. We 188 visa bunch are very few and far between lol

Thanks Jackie, seeing the timeline is really handy as you say there are not many 188's out there.

Can you elaborate on what business docs Immi needed? How much did they look at in terms of your business history versus your business plan/idea for Australia?

Hiya

We have been here for 6 months now in Brisbane and absolutely love it here. Getting our girls into school was easy and we have found the most amazing school for them.

I have spent most of our time here just getting settled and meeting with people here. Our business is about to launch in a couple of weeks and we have just finished the website which went live this week.

Laws and taxation is not too dissimilar to the UK but you need to obtain professional advice for what ever you are doing. I am just having our terms of trade written at the moment because that is crucial.

Our complete process from EOI to Grant was 10 months,and it felt a lot longer ! The waiting is the worst bit.

Where are you at now with the process ?

Cheers WPM.

I'm from the UK and I've applied South Australia because we know people there. The plan is to replicate my UK business down there, basically buying products wholesale and selling them online.

How did you find it when you got to Australia in terms of adjusting to their business laws, procedures etc?

Cheers for the info.

Where are you at now with the process ?

I submitted my EOI on the 10th of this month. However I've been looking at the Immigration SA website and it invites you to register there to seek a nomination... so going to do that now!

Hi just picked up your thread and was interested how you are progressing. We also have applied for a 188 to SA. Applied on 21st Jan and was requested medicals pcc on 14th February since then nothing.

Regards

Cheers for the info.

I submitted my EOI on the 10th of this month. However I've been looking at the Immigration SA website and it invites you to register there to seek a nomination... so going to do that now!

Thanks Jackie, seeing the timeline is really handy as you say there are not many 188's out there.

Can you elaborate on what business docs Immi needed? How much did they look at in terms of your business history versus your business plan/idea for Australia?

Re the business docs, it seemed like we sent them everything & anything. We have 2 businesses and although we met the criteria for the visa appl with just 1, they wanted everything on both companies. 3 years accounts and then management accounts at a date set by Immi, all our initial docs from companies house & HMRC upon registration, 3yrs of vat returns and a letter of confirmation from HMRC re year end accounting dates, 3 yrs worth of evidence that hubby has day to day involvement in the companies and this is only the stuff that I can remember. As well as business docs, we had to get all our personal assets valued at 3 separate dates and we had to complete Form 80 for both of us.

We submitted the last lot of docs on the 12/3 and had our visa granted on Friday 13th. Was any of the requested info looked at, I wonder???

Our business plan was about 200 words and wouldn't even get us a bank loan here so I don't think that was even taken into consideration!

Be prepared for the worst & if you don't get asked for half of the above then you'll be pleasantly surprised, Good luck

Hi just picked up your thread and was interested how you are progressing. We also have applied for a 188 to SA. Applied on 21st Jan and was requested medicals pcc on 14th February since then nothing.

Regards

I've heard nothing but here is where I'm not sure if I've done everything right.

I submitted an EOI through Skill Skill Select, but it seems I also need to submit an application through the Immigration SA website and they link both together. However I've hit a hurdle because my business plan involved importing products, and they strictly say they don't want importers. I have to go back to the drawing board and rethink a new business plan.

But for clarification when you say you 'have applied for a 188 to SA' exactly what application(s) exactly have you made?

I've heard nothing but here is where I'm not sure if I've done everything right.

I submitted an EOI through Skill Skill Select, but it seems I also need to submit an application through the Immigration SA website and they link both together. However I've hit a hurdle because my business plan involved importing products, and they strictly say they don't want importers. I have to go back to the drawing board and rethink a new business plan.

But for clarification when you say you 'have applied for a 188 to SA' exactly what application(s) exactly have you made?

Hi,

We applied for a Business Innovations Visa 188 for South Australia and Submitted our application on 26th Jan 2015 along with the application for state sponsorship through the SA immigration site, we did the state sponsorship application ourselves because the questions asked are very personal to us but we have employed an immigration company to handle the overall application to ensure no errors. We did receive a request for medicals and police checks which were returned on 7th March. Since then nothing but i guess that in the grande scheme of things this is nothing.

Hope all goes to plan.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am planning to apply for a Business Innovation 188 visa and buy a running business in Australia. I am confused about the investment criteria for starting a business with every state having different investment requirements. ACT has mentioned 200,000$ and others have different requirements. But they are also saying that we need to meet the DIBP criteria in which they are saying that we should have 800,000$ in net assets which should be transfered to Australia within 2 years of grant of the visa. So please someone tell me that for eg if i plan to open a business in ACT Canberra do i need to invest 200,000$ or do i need 800,000$. How much money do i need in order to be eligible to start a business under the 188 visa. Thanks