Moving to Southport/Gold Coast area, advice needed

rowneee

So having moved over 3 months ago and found myself living in Roma I have got myself a new job in Southport in the Gold Coast. Obviously I can't wait to get away from the boredom and nothingness that is Roma and get down to the more exciting lifestyle down the coast but I have very little idea on where the best places are to live. My job will be in Southport and as yet I don't have a car so public transport links are a must unless any of you would recommend living in Southport itself? I don't want to be anywhere too mental but at the same time don't want to be too far away from all the action so any help would be appreciated. Cheers

I am also interested in peoples views of apartments within walking distance of Cavill Ave in Surfers? Setting up new office there and looking for apartment to stay while in town (i.e. 2 or 3 nights per week)

For OP there appears an abundance of bus between southport and surfers broadbeach mermaid etc. There appears to also be a new tram system coming or being built.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I've got my place sorted, on a quiet street in Surfers Paradise(yes there is one believe it or not), should start work in the next couple of weeks - just waiting for my 457 to be transferred to my new employer then I'm good to go. Next thing on the agenda...who wants to go for a drink??