20ft container from NSW o UK, looking for a good company

bitman

Guest Guest62720

We have insured a number of moves back to the UK in recent months and the various movers used include King & Wilson, Grace Removals and Kent International amongst others. This is not a recommendation but simply an indication as to some of the removers fellow PIO members have used.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

We came with a MoveCube as we didn't brought our cars but if the cost of a 20ft container is within budget we were thinking of bringing our Aussie car to the UK. Got a quote from Seven Seas for a medium MoveCube of $995 so a container will be about $6k + more but then incl a car.

Thanks for the replies.

We came with a MoveCube as we didn't brought our cars but if the cost of a 20ft container is within budget we were thinking of bringing our Aussie car to the UK. Got a quote from Seven Seas for a medium MoveCube of $995 so a container will be about $6k + more but then incl a car.

A 20ft with the car you won't get a lot of furniture etc in ie a full households worth

remember too most Aussie cars need modification ie speedo I. Mph and fog light if it has not got one

if the car is not type approved in the Uk then it needs to go through a vehicle approval test which is not cheap

we have just waved goodbye to. 40ft container with the furniture and the car gets put in on Monday then it's all on its way

Pm me if you want some costs and the shipper etc won't name them on site but the crew that have lifted our furniture were brillaint

just to let you know if you shipped your belonging from the UK to oz and want to take them back then you have to wait 12 months or you have to pay duty on them when they go back into the UK we just found this out as we wanted to go back and now have to stay a bit longer which is a pain.

Not sure how true this is,but I've known people turn their container round at the dock & sent it back to the UK and never paid duty on it! I've heard of items less than 12 months old u might, but lets face it how will they know if u use it a few times.... Maybe look it up again or ask on here as you may be staying longer than u need to......good luck