Telecom opportunities in Oz

Guest Pee Wee

Hi Paul, don't know if you are still using this post but i will give it a go anyway. I have worked across PDH/SDH/DWDM networks for the past 16 yrs in the UK in commissioning build and maintenance for 1 of the Major utility companies in the UK. TRA passed and 175 visa applied for. For the past 5 yrs i have worked as a Core Transmission Engineer testing and maintaining high capacity network's equipment including fibtre testing OTDR/PMD testing. I can send you my CV and a covering letter with a Reference from my current manager if you would like. Look forward to hearing from you, also HNC in electrical engineering.

Guest tikityboo

the goverment here is talking about building a new fibre network, a huge project if it ever happens, 43 billion $s worth apparently. A few months back there were adverts in the national press for skilled workers but this turned out to be just an exercise to see what skills are out there. The wheels move pretty slow out here I cant see much happining on this in the near future.

Good luck

Tikityboo the fastest jointer in all the land :daydreaming::laugh:

• 1 month later...
Guest kyeandgem
the goverment here is talking about building a new fibre network, a huge project if it ever happens, 43 billion $s worth apparently. A few months back there were adverts in the national press for skilled workers but this turned out to be just an exercise to see what skills are out there. The wheels move pretty slow out here I cant see much happining on this in the near future.

Good luck

Tikityboo the fastest jointer in all the land :daydreaming::laugh:

Hi,

do you know if that is going to be nation wide as I am looking to move to Perth next year, currently working as a project manager but worked up from engineer, done all sorts and worked as fibre jointer for BT. Will take anything I can get when I first get out their.

cheers

Hi There,

I am a optical fibre jointer/splicer engineer currently working for British Telecom in the UK. I have been working for BT for roughly 7 years. I have a great deal of experience in telecommunications, wiring, phone systems (copper)

Is there any opportunities in this field for potential sponsorship?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Ryan

Guest quantity

Hi Paul,

Greetings to you, It is really nice to interact with you on POMSINOZ.com, I do have arround 4years of experience and expertise in IT/TELECOM/MOBILVE VAS Industry. I am looking for a challenging opportunity. If you do have any recruitments in the sector. Try to let me know.

Have worked for 4 years in a number of computer related and telecommunications branches in the IT /Telecom/ MobileVAS Industry. Excellent communication skills summed up with splendid knowledge in Content Management System, Portal Management, Voice Portal Management, Management Information System Reports, Web Analytics, QATesting and Tech Support activities and built up a career based on a sound technical background. View myself as young at heart, willing and enthusiastic, with a drive to work with others in a close-knit, hard-working team environment. I enjoy complex challenges where proper balance between the technical and the commercial dimensions makes or breaks a successful product roll out.

I've lived in the India for nearly 25 years,I own a Indian passport, and I can speak and write in English fairly fluently.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards

PRATAP M

email: qualitypratap@gmail.com

Hi Everyone

I am a recruiter representing a major Telco services company in Oz, actively recruiting for a number of Telco based roles at the moment.

We seek job applicants who are looking to re-locate from UK and Europe into Oz for the next few years.

Are you looking for such an opportunity that wokr permit sponsoship would bring, do you know anyone or do youy have an information/tips for me as to the best way of going about my task?

If you want to get in contact, I can let you know the roles that are currently being recruited.

Thanks everyone

Paul.

:spinny:

• 2 months later...
Guest btdave1969
Hi Everyone

I am a recruiter representing a major Telco services company in Oz, actively recruiting for a number of Telco based roles at the moment.

We seek job applicants who are looking to re-locate from UK and Europe into Oz for the next few years.

Are you looking for such an opportunity that wokr permit sponsoship would bring, do you know anyone or do youy have an information/tips for me as to the best way of going about my task?

If you want to get in contact, I can let you know the roles that are currently being recruited.

Thanks everyone

Paul.

:spinny:

Hi Paul First time on this site and found ur post i am in Oz for 3 months now looking what telecom jobs are about i am working for B.T (OPENREACH) in the U.K at the min have been there 21 years i am a copper E+D side jointer,Faultsman jointer,Broad Band Installer also have done heavy+light cabling.I am currently doing a Oz AQF to put my telecom skills into Australian format.Would like to know a little bit more about what you are looking for.My wife and i are looking to make the move to Australia but would like to know that we could get work here.

Thanks Dave.

Guest nidale

Hi Paul,

Just came across your post today. I hope to find a suitable position for myself. Herebelow is a brief description of me.

I currently work for a leading Mobile Telecommunication Co. in the middle east for the last 13years in the capacity of a Field Engineer in the RBS Department, I have vast knowledge with the Software & Hardware of Radio Equipments and I am actively involved in major troubleshooting at BSC’s, XCDR’s & BTS’s, I also do RFI scans and optimisation of the network.

I hope to get in touch with you and provide a detailed resume of myself if required. FYI, I have also applied for SA and am held up for a visa grant since 23rd Sept 09.

Regards,

Guest johnnyyt

This seems to be a dead thread.

The OP doesn't seem to have replied to people after submitting C.V.'s etc, I'm sure somewhere early in the thread we all said it seems like a C.V. gathering exercise only.

Johnnyyt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ukswannabeozzies

Hi,

My husband works for Virgin Media installing cable tv, broardband and telephone lines, is this a skill needed?. If not by you can you tell us what his title would be known as in Australia.

Thankyou

Maree Shaw

• 1 month later...
Guest thechambos
Hi There,

I am a optical fibre jointer/splicer engineer currently working for British Telecom in the UK. I have been working for BT for roughly 7 years. I have a great deal of experience in telecommunications, wiring, phone systems (copper)

Is there any opportunities in this field for potential sponsorship?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Ryan

hi ryan

just starting in this forum and i noticed we share the same skills etc. i currently work for colt telecomms in london doing fibre splicing. i was just wondering if you have had any luck in the telecomms indusrty in australia? or are you still going through the process ?

thanks

mark

Guest johnnyyt
This seems to be a dead thread.

The OP doesn't seem to have replied to people after submitting C.V.'s etc, I'm sure somewhere early in the thread we all said it seems like a C.V. gathering exercise only.

Johnnyyt

This is a dead thread - the OP has never responded to anyone. I would think very carefully before sending your personal details in a C.V. to someone you don't know.

Johnnyyt

Archived