You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jdad84

Pharmacists - how did you find supervised practise? Recruitment tips?

Hi ,

would you also be able to advice on how you managed to get the supervised practice? Like were you already in Australia or did you apply for it from UK? I have just cleared my caop and awaiting provisional registration with AHPRA.

thank you

vidya

On 18 November 2019 at 04:25, Grapefest said:

If you know any pharmacy graduates with AHPRA registration that are looking for employer nominated sponsorship visas please PM me. 

If you are a pharmacist and want PR give me a message!

Just want to add some details. We are looking for 1 pharmacist that is willing to work and live in a mining town in WA with a population under 50k. Applicant will obviously have to work roughly 2 years under contract to get PR. The employer will sponsor you, even provide accommodation, transport. 

Hey, please could you give me more details about this. 

Edited by VERYSTORMY
Forum rules

13 hours ago, Vidya menon said:

Hi ,

would you also be able to advice on how you managed to get the supervised practice? Like were you already in Australia or did you apply for it from UK? I have just cleared my caop and awaiting provisional registration with AHPRA.

thank you

vidya

I found getting supervised practice hard - inner city Sydney pharmacies had too much choice to worry about an extra layer of hassle/delay to employing a pharmacist.

Looking outside of Sydney I found a pharmacy willing to take a punt - all supply and demand really. 

I had the easier time of being in Aus on a 4 yeaer visa (457) as my partner was sponsored. I reckon with enough determination and a rural/regional opportunity  reaching out on phone/Skype would increase chances significantly.

On 21/07/2019 at 16:21, uklfc said:

what's your email address I can send you an extra CAOP sample I have

Hi I'm sitting the exam in 23 days  to be precise. 

I'd be very grateful for some more sample papers. I've only seen the two, one from the official site and one 2014 one. 

I've been using the mcqs in pharmacy book too. 

I'm so worried about the time 

Many thanks 

☺️

On 02/02/2020 at 06:09, ANO90 said:

Hi I'm sitting the exam in 23 days  to be precise. 

I'd be very grateful for some more sample papers. I've only seen the two, one from the official site and one 2014 one. 

I've been using the mcqs in pharmacy book too. 

I'm so worried about the time 

Many thanks 

☺️

What is your mail Id please? I will send you the ones that I managed to get.

Hi Vidya

Thanks 

It's anikao@hotmail.co.uk

I'm happy to receive any help please

Many thanks

Hey All,

I've passed my CAOP exams and just applied for my 190 NSW visa. Considering how limited the chances are to get nominated by the state, I am looking at other options such as employer sponsorship visa. How hard is it to get sponsored? How am I going to complete my supervised practice and complete the oral exam if I can't find anyone to sponsor me?

Thank you. 

On 01/04/2020 at 13:11, kennethlwh said:

Hey All,

I've passed my CAOP exams and just applied for my 190 NSW visa. Considering how limited the chances are to get nominated by the state, I am looking at other options such as employer sponsorship visa. How hard is it to get sponsored? How am I going to complete my supervised practice and complete the oral exam if I can't find anyone to sponsor me?

Thank you. 

Any advice on what to study. Planning go take the exam in July and i have no idea what to study. I have amh and some oast questions and that's about it. 

On 04/02/2020 at 08:01, Vidya menon said:

What is your mail Id please? I will send you the ones that I managed to get.

Can u please send me some past questions for the caop. My email is amer_sharaf@hotmail.com 

I would really appreciate it.

Do i need to focus on pharmacokinetics? Please advise. 

Hi. I have not worked clinically / in community  for over 10 years (been in head office) I’m looking at the July exam. I’m worried.....what should I read ? I feel a bit out of touch. Does anybody have sample papers? I’m working full time in another job so time tight to study. Any help would be appreciated 🙏🏻😕