CPA Negative assessment

eddypk

HI All,

I applied for Accountant category at CPAA but got a negative assessment.

I have 2 years bachelors degree and a membership of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA) but they are considering both my qualifications as equal to AQF Associate degree therefore I did not met the initial comparable criteria.

However, now I intend to apply for internal auditor category at vetassess. But I fear that I will get the same assessment from them too. Any advices??

One more thing, do vetassess give positive assessment on CIA membership. Is CIA treated equal to AQF (Australian) Bachelor Degree?

Awaiting your positive feedback and suggestion.

KR,

Eddy

I have never come across a two year degree before, most degrees are three if not four years - so it is probably not surprising that this was insufficient. The only CIA I can think of is the Central Intelligence Agency, this will not help with skills assessment, no. :wink:

HI All,

I applied for Accountant category at CPAA but got a negative assessment.

I have 2 years bachelors degree and a membership of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA) but they are considering both my qualifications as equal to AQF Associate degree therefore I did not met the initial comparable criteria.

However, now I intend to apply for internal auditor category at vetassess. But I fear that I will get the same assessment from them too. Any advices??

One more thing, do vetassess give positive assessment on CIA membership. Is CIA treated equal to AQF (Australian) Bachelor Degree?

Awaiting your positive feedback and suggestion.

KR,

Eddy

You will need a degree assessed as comparable to an Australian degree, or full membership if a recognised professional body.

The recognised professional bodies are:

Certified Internal Auditor is not recognised. As a rule candidates need a 4-year degree to undertake CIA.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to see whether a visa strategy might be developed?

• 1 year later...
Please inform me, if someone has done B.Com from India and Chartered Accountancy course, whether he fulfill all subjects/core areas requirement to be assessed as Accountant General or External auditor.

I have done BCom from Mumbai University and CA from ICAI. I have fulfilled all core areas as per CPA for Accountant General. Note that I did in May 2015 when there were 12 core areas. Now the system has changed although since I had completed all the 12 areas, you should not have a problem. I think you have to appear for the English test before skills assessment so do that.