ENS 186 process and timeline chatterings!

Stooly

Hi all :chatterbox:

I know there are numerous threads devoted to this visa, but I thought I'd start a new one to share experiences and timelines as I can appreciate the frustration of trawling through lots of threads to find that snippet of information.

I am a secondary applicant on my partner's visa and have applied for both the 457 that we are currently on and the 186 permanent residency visa that's just been submitted. Our visa was applied for without the use of a migration agent and so was not decision ready. However, I did submit all the required documents at the same time as the application, with the exception of the medicals due to their time limitation and expecting nomination to take longer than it did.

Most of the documents were gathered, photocopied and certified before the nomination submission except the Aus police checks which were sought just after. I visited my local pharmacy so many times for certification of documents that I'm now on first name terms with them! :goofy:

It would be great to hear other people's experiences.

My timeline so far-

Employer Nomination submitted - 2 October 2013

Visa Application submitted - 19 Oct

Acknowledgement letter received - 22 Oct

Nomination approval - 3 Dec

Request for medical examination by CO - 3 Dec

Medicals booked - 9 & 11 Dec 2013

Thank-you for posting this - really helpful!

I'm on a 457 & just waiting for my employer to submit my nomination any day now so that I can get my application in. Good to hear your nomination was approved so quickly!! I'm crossing fingers for a quick application as my baby is due in March 2014 & without PR I won't be entitled to Government paid leave - I know it's really cutting it fine though. Two friends have both had 186s approved in 2 months this year & my Sister has just submitted hers this week - her HR department told her it should be processed by Jan 2014 - unsure where they came up with that date however...

Good luck with your medicals & hope you get an approval very soon :biggrin:

Yes form 80 was sent at the same time as the application, in fact I even sent in form 1221 just in case!

Timelines appear to be different for everyone, even those applying for the same visa, I suppose that just reflects everyone's individual circumstances.

Good luck with your application, best to get it in asap as no doubt there'll be a break and delay over Christmas. :jiggy:

Can anyone shed light on this issue. I was under the impression that if your visa was lodged after your nomination but before the nomination approval then both applications would be dealt with together? I had my nomination approved on 7th November and heard nothing since regarding my visa application. Has anyone had any similar experience?

ENS 186 Perth | temporary transit | MA DRC

12/07/2013: Employer nomination submitted

04/10/2013: Application lodged (all documents )

04/10/2013: Acknowledgement letter received.

07/11/2013: Nomination approved

Hi all, have just posted in the other thread but will include here.

We applied for our 186 on 28 Aug, just before fee increase. There is me and my partner, and his son, my step son. We applied as DR through an MA. So all the medicals/police checks everything were done at the time of lodging the visa.

I have no idea if the nomination was approved and when? However, we asked the MA to chase up with DIBP, as my step son has just completed high school here and plans to go to uni next year, but can't unless we get PR (international student fees just too expensive.) Anyhoo, the MA emailed DIBP, they emailed back and said they would allocate a CO in 5 - 10 working days. Today the MA rang and said they need some updated evidence that my partner and I are still a defacto couple. I'll send that on Tues (as we're away until then...) and then hopefully we'll get a grant pretty quickly after!!!! This forum has been a lifeline, so if I can offer support I will.

• 1 month later...

Visa granted today :jiggy:

Medicals were uploaded by Medibank clinic in Melbourne on 16th Dec and a week or so later their status changed on the evisa site to "No health examination is required for this person... etc".

Christmas and New Year came and went with no news, so yesterday I sent a polite email to our CO just to nudge them in the general direction of our now complete application, that seemed to work as this morning the grant email arrived.

The whole process has taken 97 days from the submission of the nomination and 80 from submission of application.

Good luck and fingers crossed to everyone else.

Timeline has been

Medicals uploaded to DIBP - 16 Dec

Medicals Cleared - 23 Dec

Visa granted - 7 Jan 2014

Medicals were uploaded by Medibank clinic in Melbourne on 16th Dec and a week or so later their status changed on the evisa site to "No health examination is required for this person... etc".

Christmas and New Year came and went with no news, so yesterday I sent a polite email to our CO just to nudge them in the general direction of our now complete application, that seemed to work as this morning the grant email arrived.

The whole process has taken 97 days from the submission of the nomination and 80 from submission of application.

Timeline has been

Congraz!!! Wish mine will be granted soonish....the whole process is just sooooo painful

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My nomination from employer was lodged in November 2013 and I went to apply through immi account online bit it tells me that my details do not verify with nomination and if I proceed my application might be rejected. Any advice would be appreciated as I have tried contacting the department and work and no one so far has been able to help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My nomination from employer was lodged in November 2013 and I went to apply through immi account online bit it tells me that my details do not verify with nomination and if I proceed my application might be rejected. Any advice would be appreciated as I have tried contacting the department and work and no one so far has been able to help.

Thanks

I am getting the same warning as above. Did you receive any reply from the department on the warning.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Traceyd :) I was trying to contact the immigration department to get the confirmation but no luck in contacting them. I can now process my application :)

For ENS 186N, do we need to fill Form 80 while submitting the application?

Better to do tat with ur application. I didn't do it coz I thought it was necessary (applied by myself) and I got contact frm my CO on 12th dec 2013 for a request of Form 80 and till now still haven't granted my visa! Called co again and he said the required information is under check processing...I wish I did tat before...and seems like another frustration waiting term again

I submitted my online application on Monday 8th Feb, nomination submitted in November but not approved yet and no case officer. I submitted form 80 the same time as application but went on immiaccount today and a message tells me to organise my form 80, yet I had already submitted it, does anyone know if this is an automated generated message?

Hi

Congratulations on a timely Visa processing. My 186 ENS was lodged on the 26th of November 2014 along with Medicals, all documents and Employer nomination and indeed it was through a registered MARA agent chosen by my organization.

How did you manage to see the status? They didn't share any information about the login or site with me where I could see the current status of my application.

Please suggest!

TJ

Timeline has been

Hi

Congratulations on a timely Visa processing. My 186 ENS was lodged on the 26th of November 2014 along with Medicals, all documents and Employer nomination and indeed it was through a registered MARA agent chosen by my organization.

How did you manage to see the status? They didn't share any information about the login or site with me where I could see the current status of my application.

Please suggest!

TJ

Timeline has been

Fantastic timeline! I'm having a nightmare with my application! Originally told I didn't need a skills assessment I got an email yesterday telling me I did need one ! Already lodged my visa application do it could be refused on this basis I'm now told! Gutted! Spent all yesterday trying to organise skills assessment with ANMAC! Will take 12-16 weeks :-( . I'm really hoping it's back before decision is made on visa so I can upload it! Any advice would be greatly appreciated the whole process us so stressful and drawn out!

Nomination lodged 2/1/14

Application lodged 31/1/14

Form 80 and other documents uploaded 8/2/14

Medicals booked for 6/3/14

Now IELT booked for 8/3/14

No MA applying as direct entry!

Fantastic timeline! I'm having a nightmare with my application! Originally told I didn't need a skills assessment I got an email yesterday telling me I did need one ! Already lodged my visa application do it could be refused on this basis I'm now told! Gutted! Spent all yesterday trying to organise skills assessment with ANMAC! Will take 12-16 weeks :-( . I'm really hoping it's back before decision is made on visa so I can upload it! Any advice would be greatly appreciated the whole process us so stressful and drawn out!

Nomination lodged 2/1/14

Application lodged 31/1/14

Form 80 and other documents uploaded 8/2/14

Medicals booked for 6/3/14

Now IELT booked for 8/3/14

No MA applying as direct entry!

Who told you that you don't need a skills assessment? To my knowledge, that's a standard requirement for the Direct Entry Stream. I think the assessment needs to be as of the time of your application, but it's worth seeing if they'll accept it during processing. Good luck.

Just curious... If you get a job offer and want to apply for PR via the 186 Direct Entry route, can you apply from the UK (so you hopefully have PR before you leave)? Also, if you start the DE application but it's still ongoing by the time you need to start your job, can you land in Australia with just your 457 (will having an ongoing 186 application cause a problem at immigration?)?

My oh doesn't even have a job offer yet but I just want to get my facts straight in advance :-)

Cheers,

I-F ;-)

Hey gang, we should soon be putting our application in for the ENS 186 so I'm watching this discussion closely! Just waiting for the nomination to be lodged.

A few questions: do we need full birth certificates with parents listed for this visa? My abbreviated birth certificate was OK for the 457.

Do all applicants have to have a medical examination? We have been in Aus over 2 years but I suspect that doesn't exempt us!

Assuming we do need medical and of course police checks, should we arrange those now and 'front-load', or wait until the nomination's approved?

Cheers and good luck to all!

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 186 visa granted yesterday evening! Yipee!!!!!

Mine was a "Decision Ready Application" submitted by migration agent (selected by my organization)

Timelines and other details

+++++++++++++++++

Application submitted to Paramatta office Sydney

25 Nov 2013- Application along with Nomination, medicals, Education in English (college certificates) documents

26 Nov 2013- Acknowledgement received with bridging Visa

5 March 2014- Visa Granted

As December was the holiday month, I am sure not much happened around that time, but I was hopeful about my timelines as my documents were appropriate and correct.

I wish you all a very good luck, I am sure most of you all will get yours very soon! Take care and have wonderful times in Australia!