Heading back to the UK after 18 months of a living nightmare,

Fryertuck

Guest Guest16631
But with prices in Australia many won't enjoy a house of their own..

......and many left the UK.....because the couldn't afford the upkeep of their home in the uk....

......or worked all hours to keep it.....or didn't have work...!

......or kept it at the loss of other things.........that we're important to them.....

......home ownership isn't the b all and end all......

........if you've no money to enjoy it........or the area it's in.......ime.......

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......and many left the UK.....because the couldn't afford the upkeep of their home in the uk....

......or worked all hours to keep it.....or didn't have work...!

......or kept it at the loss of other things.........that we're important to them.....

......home ownership isn't the b all and end all......

........if you've no money to enjoy it........or the area it's in.......ime.......

I agree it is hardly the b all and end all but long the thing to do in Australia. Sounds to me those issues have become very much the same issues as was in UK.

The single biggest issue facing many here. I have not read or heard a satisfactory solution to this problem of recent years. Renting can indeed be a hell in OZ but for those with little choice....

Simple... Build new city's up the coast of WA.. House/land shortage .....? Your kidding me.... They won't do that as it would open up hundreds of KMS of land and lower house prices

kms

Guest Guest16631
I agree it is hardly the b all and end all but long the thing to do in Australia. Sounds to me those issues have become very much the same issues as was in UK.

......perhaps it's started......

.......but without the dense population....

.......the strain on resources........( at least to the same degree....)

........things here are usually easier.....ime.....

........in many areas its being addressed,.........encouraging the young out ......by affordable housing....

........as yet still a problem for many youngsters in the uk......

.........by having the ability to get out your home .......and enjoy your surroundings....

..........reduces stress and the feeling of a helpless situation.....unable to afford the pub....or day out.....

..........your often not able to just sit outside your own home.....

...........there is I much to be said.....

............of being able to get out the house.........

..............to walk on the beach.......rain forest......whatever .......

................of course available in the UK.......but often contrary weather......not the best in manys opinion....!

Guest Guest 47403
Only about eight million people and growing rapidly. Added to the price of rather indifferent real estate with the highest growth in price in UK plenty do.

I can think of many things on offer hard to find in Perth.

Besides the massive rise in prices in Perth has taken the shine of it somewhat.

Exactly and the majority probably not by choice, there are a hell of a lot sink hole council estate in London with massive crime rates, a lot of those stuck there would love to get away from it.

Exactly and the majority probably not by choice, there are a hell of a lot sink hole council estate in London with massive crime rates, a lot of those stuck there would love to get away from it.

It's due to population .. You stick 10 million in any Australian city and see how romantic it is

Guest Guest 47403
It's due to population .. You stick 10 million in any Australian city and see how romantic it is

Stick 10 million people anywhere and they'll be sh!t holes what's your point?

You're obviously deeply unhappy Paul I can't believe you put yourself through it just for money, you want the rich picking Perth offers you without the lifestyle Perth offers you.

You need to get back to the UK and start being happy, why put yourself through just for money!

Guest Guest 47403
But with prices in Australia many won't enjoy a house of their own..

You really think that is unique to Australia, ask any young working class couple trying to get on the housing market in the SE of England how affordable they are finding it Paul.

Guest Guest16631
No not really but you have an choice not to live there..

......it's all about choice then.....

......choose to live somewhere that fulfils most of your needs.....

......and many who migrate......

.......migrate for the 3 most....( in most cases but perhaps not all).....,important ones....

.......work......

.......a home.....

........quality of life............if these had been achievable at home......

........few would feel the need to look else where.....

........we all want to be happy........to enjoy life......

........and often it means looking beyond where your at........ime....and IMO....!

Paul1977, you are obviously deeply unhappy. You can choose to perpetuate that unhappiness in your life, on this forum, in your relationships, whatever - and remain unhappy and become more unhappy. Or you can choose to find things to be happy about. Either way. But I will have to add you to the ignore list, joining simmo, if you continue to make me unhappy with your whinging.

Paul1977, you are obviously deeply unhappy. You can choose to perpetuate that unhappiness in your life, on this forum, in your relationships, whatever - and remain unhappy and become more unhappy. Or you can choose to find things to be happy about. Either way. But I will have to add you to the ignore list, joining simmo, if you continue to make me unhappy with your whinging.

that'll learn 'im....:daydreaming:

This thread is really off topic now, please try to keep to the topic which is in post no 1.

To continue off topic before the next post I will just add, that what is wrong with renting for life. Everyone is so h l bent on buying a home, however if you look at figures and info from a lot of experts they believe that renting is aok and a savings can be made in other ways. Just have to save.

Here in the UK and i think Aus we're hell bent on buying,in Europe they're not tho,i sometimes wonder meself tbh,i mean ive got no kids to leave my hse to,i often think about just renting tbh,feels like coming out of my comfort zone tho,daft i suppose,but its hard to get my head round Petals

I'm renting at the moment but have my deposit and mortgage (in principle) ready for when i find a suitable plot to build a house on. I've recently be pondering whether there are better ways to invest in the future and TBH there seems to be many... but.. there's nothing like sitting on your armchair looking at a wall and thinking Fk it, i'm gonna knock that down and build a wall there,...

There is nothing wrong with renting if you have a good landlord/agent.

As soon as you get a bad one it causes SO much stress. Not to mention, I've just had to move out of my rental of nearly 6 years, which I was very happy in, because the landlord wanted to move one of his mates in! I HATE moving house. At least with a house if your own its your choice.