Heading back to the UK after 18 months of a living nightmare,

Fryertuck

Guest Guest16631
BS to go out and deliver papers and live the dream, don't think so.

It's better to have tried and returned with head held high. Than to chase a dream that doesn't exist.

......a lot depends on your expectations and life before you moved......

......if life was a struggle .......long hours........trying to make ends meet......

......you migrate to fix that......

........expecting to change what you didn't like......

........so to have the same,......trying to make ends meet...a job no better or worse than what you left....

........but without family of familiarity........

.........is sometimes a battle to far .......

.........we didn't have anything to go back for...

..........no work for OH........

...........too expensive to live near family.....( though this was 20oddyears ago)

............so we stuck out the bush fires......the redundancies.......the reposed home and the floods..

.............the struggling to fit in to a small country town with the plumbs in our mouths.......lol...!

.............and we're starting to reap a few benefits......

.............but if we'd had something to go back for.......if it had been achievable.......even more desirable....

...............who knows.........

.................all I do know .....is that through all the trials and tribulations......

...................it was a whole lot easier for us here ,than where we had come from.....

......................so good luck........wherever life's road takes you........you can only do your best.....ime.......tink x

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see what you think after you've lived there a while - I thought like you when I was back in the UK - craved a 'laid back' life but after 4 years I was bored stiff.

You need to adapt to what WA offers which to coin a local phrase is 'boating, camping, fishing' - if that's your kind of lifestyle then you'll love it. I you can adapt that lifestyle then you might love it too. I was partly too old but mainly too broke all the time to embrace new hobbies.

The only other alternative is eating and drinking which ranks pretty high on the boring scale as far as I'm concerned but each to their own.

The boating, camping and fishing made me smile LR, I don't do any of those lol ..

So what do you do then...?

I go to the beach a lot..because I like it...I also go to green space parks, riverside areas, national parks, spend a lot of time at home as we don't have the financial freedom to eat out frequently and we have a young child, we go for lunch more often than dinner..we bbq, go to friends houses, play games in the back yard, play tennis, swim, walk, snorkel, occasionally go to organised community events, firework displays, outdoor live bands, gigs, comedy shows, movies, occasional shows, breweries, go away for weekends, wineries, theme parks.....

Edited by HappyHeart
forgot some of the non boring stuff we do

I go to the beach a lot..because I like it...I also go to green space parks, riverside areas, national parks, spend a lot of time at home as we don't have the financial freedom to eat out frequently and we have a young child, we go for lunch more often than dinner..we bbq, go to friends houses, play games in the back yard, play tennis, swim, walk, snorkel, occasionally go to organised community events, firework displays, outdoor live bands, gigs, comedy shows, movies, occasional shows....

Any thing unique to Australia ....?

and like the Murphys..youre not bitter...

No, while none of the things I enjoy here are unique to Perth, my lifestyle is quite different to what it was in the UK, only to be expected as I am now living in a different country which is not UK with sun and the place has an entirely different culture and climate...so no surprise we do different things more often

and like the Murphys..youre not bitter...

No, while none of the things I enjoy here are unique to Perth, my lifestyle is quite different to what it was in the UK, only to be expected as I am now living in a different country which is not UK with sun and the place has an entirely different culture and climate...so no surprise we do different things more often

So if nothing's unique why didn't you have/chose the lifestyle you live now before..?

Guest Guest 47403
My old life

Other than friends and family you've left in the UK what can't you do in Perth you can do in the UK? This one confuses me, I suppose if your seriously into the arts somewhere like London would be better but who wants to live in London.

Other than friends and family you've left in the UK what can't you do in Perth you can do in the UK? This one confuses me, I suppose if your seriously into the arts somewhere like London would be better but who wants to live in London.

Only about eight million people and growing rapidly. Added to the price of rather indifferent real estate with the highest growth in price in UK plenty do.

I can think of many things on offer hard to find in Perth.

Besides the massive rise in prices in Perth has taken the shine of it somewhat.

Guest Guest16631

......the lifestyle you live may not be unique to the country you live in.....

.......but how you live your life.......will be unique to you.....

......many come to Australia for its availability.....

......availability to live a life that was not/difficult......to live in their birth country.....

.......so obviously the weather here has a huge impact.....

.......just my family......( mp not necessarily myself)

.......,to be able to camp for most of the year..........water ports from boating fishing and surfing....

.........not in available at home.....

.........but certainly less available.......due usually to weather....

.........so our holiday lifestyle is unique to here......for us....!

I have. You've chosen to live a life style which isn't unique to Australia, and you couldn't live it before because...???

Some enjoy the sunshine, beach and a house of their own. That's enough for some. Not unique but different from the area they hail from. Some happy with that others prefer more in life. Both cool .. in there own way...

Some enjoy the sunshine, beach and a house of their own. That's enough for some. Not unique but different from the area they hail from. Some happy with that others prefer more in life. Both cool .. in there own way...

But with prices in Australia many won't enjoy a house of their own..