1. Date applied : 22/11/2014
  2. City/Council area: Darwin
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/11/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 08/12/2014
  6. Approval: Waiting....
  7. Date of ceremony: ?
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

For my husband, I have applied online one day later than myself (23/11/2014). We both received the acknowledgement and sat the test the same day. But his application was approved just the next day after the citizenship test and he has received the approval letter. Now waiting for the ceremony invitation.

I called DIAC about 3 times now. and every time they say, each case is different and the case officers are different. All the necessary information are there with them. So I need to wait. Very frustrating...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, Does anybody here know the average waiting time to get a citizenship ceremony date in the Wyndham council? I called immigration today and I was advised that because Wyndham vale has a large migrant community, it might take more than 6 months for me to get a ceremony date. If there is any other applicant here from the same council, please share your timeline. I would appreciate that very much. My timeline is as follows:Date applied : 9 September 2014Approval date : 10 October 2014Ceremony date : still waiting

Appontment and test: 27 novembr

Approval: 4Th december

Ceremony letter: waiting

Council: whyndham Wale (victoria)

After emailing to the Citizenship office in Darwin, my application was approved and received a mail informing me that they will put us on the next ceremony on 20th of March. Waiting to receive the invitation letter.

1. Date applied : 22/11/2014
  2. City/Council area: Darwin
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 28/11/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 08/12/2014
  6. Approval: Waiting....
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

For my husband, I have applied online one day later than myself (23/11/2014). We both received the acknowledgement and sat the test the same day. But his application was approved just the next day after the citizenship test and he has received the approval letter. Now waiting for the ceremony invitation.

I called DIAC about 3 times now. and every time they say, each case is different and the case officers are different. All the necessary information are there with them. So I need to wait. Very frustrating...

1. Date applied : 16/09/2014
  2. City/Council area: Wyndham Council (Truganina) VIC
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 18/09/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 08/11/2014
  6. Approval: 19/11/14
  8. Type of ceremony Normal

I had called the immi department and they said to me just before christmas there are around 600 applicants ahead of me.

I do not know the number of people they take every ceremony in wyndham council. But I guess it should be atleast 150-200 per ceremony considering the backlog.

I am not sure how many were given the Australia day ceremony.

Does anyone have any idea the number of applicants in every ceremony? And also the Australia day one how many finished?

I had called the immi department and they said to me just before christmas there are around 600 applicants ahead of me.

I do not know the number of people they take every ceremony in wyndham council. But I guess it should be atleast 150-200 per ceremony considering the backlog.

I am not sure how many were given the Australia day ceremony.

Does anyone have any idea the number of applicants in every ceremony? And also the Australia day one how many finished?

Hi

We attended our ceremony last night in Kingston (SE Melbourne), and there were 187 with about 7 no-shows.

Very well done it was too.

Aussies Mike and Connie

Thanks guys for the info.

I checked with couple of my friends in stonnington council as well and they said normally they had about 200-250 applicants.

I am not sure about the wyndham council, but assume that it would be somewhere the same figure being a very busy council for new citizen applications.

1. Date applied -18/12/2014

2. City/Council area -City of Stirling(Perth WA)

3. Online / Paper- online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email-24/12/2014

5. Date of the Citizenship Test-15/01/2015-Approved on 20/01/2015

6. Date of ceremony-waiting

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)-normal

rang the city council last week and they told me there are a few spotts left in March's ceremony.mostlikey, it'll be April.

they also suggetted me to call them once I received my approval letter. They might be able to do something to squeeze me in March.

I should get my letter this week. I'll update it once I get an answer from them

update: ceremony date:20/03/2015

from first lodge the online application to ceremony,it's less than 3 months

Hi Guys,

I have finally got a date for my ceremony. I was planning to go for a holiday around easter and council had the only ceremony after Aus day one on 28 March. So called immi department and they said I have been allocated to 18 April one.

So I got the ceremony after roughly 5.5 months after application approved.

My time line as follows:

1. Date applied : 16/09/2014
  2. City/Council area: Wyndham Council (Truganina) VIC
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 18/09/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 08/11/2014
  6. Approval: 08/11/14
  7. Date of ceremony: 18/4/2015
  8. Type of ceremony Normal

Best of luck to other guys.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there

Just noticed that some people have applied for citizenship with less then 4 years of living here ,can anybody tell what the minimum time is for 176 visa as i always thought that you have to life here for 4 years before citizenship can be applied for.

Thanks

You can be outside Australia for 12 months out of the 4 years before applying and you can count your 4 years from the time you arrive in Australia on a valid visa. So... If you came to Australia to validate your 176 visa or held some other valid visa (e.g. a 457 or a WHV), then left Australia for any period under 12 months, your 4 years can include the time you spent outside Australia. For example, if you validated your 176 then left for 11.5 months, you would only need to live in Australia for 3 years and 2 weeks before becoming eligible to apply if the 11.5 months was the only time you were away from Australia during the 4 years.

Edited by Ozmaniac
Clarity

Hi All,

I live in Parramatta, NSW and waiting for Ceremony. Could you please anyone got the application approved around the same time and got any response?

1. Date applied - 1 Dec 2014
  2. City/Council area - Parramatta, NSW
  3. Online / Paper - Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 2 Dec 2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 6 Jan 2015 (Approved on 7 Jan 2015 dated letter received on 8 Jan 2015)
  6. Date of ceremony ????
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

I've just got my application approved. Here's the timeline.

1. Date applied...24/03/2015
  2. City/Council area... Brisbane
  3. Online / Paper... Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email...30/03/2015
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test...14/04/2015*. Approved the same day in ~3 hrs after the interview
  6. Date of ceremony ...............
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)...................

* At first i've indicated on the online form that am going to travel in April, so initial interview date was 30/04/2015. But then i've rang and asked to change to an earlier date as my travel plans have changed.

• Date of application - 13 March 2015 (Sydney City council. Online application)
  • Date received the acknowledgement email - 13 March 2015
  • Date received the test appointment email - 17 March 2015
  • Date of the Citizenship Test - 13 April 2015
  • "Applicant approved" online status on 13 April 2015
  • Approval letter received on DD/MM/YYYY - Letter not yet received
  • Ceremony invitation letter received on DD/MM/YYYY - Letter not yet received
  • Date of ceremony on DD/MM/YYYY - Not known yet

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone on here know timelines for regional NSW?

Date of application: 20/03/2015

Uploaded documents: 20/03/2015

Application status changed to : 'Application being processed further' on 17/03/2015

Testing center put down as Wagga Wagga, and closest office put down as ACT regional.

How much longer would we be waiting for the citizenship test allocation?

Thanks.

Edited by rahulshankar

Does anyone on here know timelines for regional NSW?

Date of application: 20/03/2015

Uploaded documents: 20/03/2015

Application status changed to : 'Application being processed further' on 17/03/2015

Testing center put down as Wagga Wagga, and closest office put down as ACT regional.

How much longer would we be waiting for the citizenship test allocation?

Thanks.

Took a friend nearly 3 weeks to get a test and ceremony was a couple of months after approval

• 3 weeks later...

Timeline update

Date of application - 13 March 2015 (Sydney City council. Online application)

Date received the acknowledgement email - 13 March 2015

Date received the interview/test appointment email - 17 March 2015

Date of the Citizenship interview/test - 13 April 2015

"Applicant approved" online status on 13 April 2015

Approval letter received on 17 April

Ceremony invitation email received on 27 May 2015. (Email only, no letter sent by post)

Date of ceremony on 19 June 2015

Only 3 Months in total from application to ceremony. Such a quick turnaround, so great, I did not expect that especially I was told on the interview/test day it would normally take 3-6 months after the interview/test.

Edited by citizentimeline

When it comes to Citizenship interview, is that a one on one chat with someone from immi or is it another way of saying its the citizenship test?

You have two things on the test day. A one to one interview and the test on computer.

You have two things on the test day. A one to one interview and the test on computer.

I was was a bit worried about the "interview" it's was great though, I thought they were just being friendly.....any plans on buying a house ? Kids in school? Do they like it here ? When I was driving home I thought you know what I think that was the interview ! Lol