Citizenship Timeline for Years 2013/2014

jmartin8010

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've received a ceremony date of 24th of October ( We applied 1.7.2014 ) but unfortunately my Husband is away on Fifo that date and the next 2 dates after that so we are now awaiting a date within one of his R&R breaks.

What documents did you submitted on your application? Do you have to submit police clearances from your home country or school credentials or you didn't have to?

Hello everyone.

What documents did you submitted on your application? Do you have to submit police clearances from your home country or school credentials or you didn't have to?

Hi pak,

please go through this

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/files/

as per my file I submited

identy forms...1) passport 2) driving license 3) utility bill

identity declaration 1195 form

PR status report.

You need penal clearance certificates from overseas countries if:

• you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over, and

• the total time spent overseas added up to 12 months or more, and

• the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days, or

• you are requested to do so by the department.

We've received a ceremony date of 24th of October ( We applied 1.7.2014 ) but unfortunately my Husband is away on Fifo that date and the next 2 dates after that so we are now awaiting a date within one of his R&R breaks.

Im not an expert but I do believe FIFO (along with HECS) are bona fide reasons for accelerated ceremonies, I've heard of a few people who've done this, I would contact them and emphasis the FIFO, someone I know was moaning recently as their friends got a private ceremony only days after pleading FIFO and a few special birthdays coming up!

Hi there,

i applied my citizenship application on 4th July, receive acknowledgement of test on 14th of July, test date 7th of August, approval letter received on 22th august, cermony still waiting... . My council is hobsonbay. Does anyone on this forum who have/ had experienced about this council. How it works and how long it will take to get invitation.

thnx

Im not an expert but I do believe FIFO (along with HECS) are bona fide reasons for accelerated ceremonies, I've heard of a few people who've done this, I would contact them and emphasis the FIFO, someone I know was moaning recently as their friends got a private ceremony only days after pleading FIFO and a few special birthdays coming up!

Yes the lady I spoke to was really nice and took the dates he's home and said they'd get back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

just an update:

1. Applied 19/06/14 and uploaded all material online- online status changed to 'received and being processed'

2. Received email on 26/06/2014 status changed to 'application being processed further

3. Took the test on 17/07/2014 and passed and approved same date

4. approval letter within a week.

5. citizenship ceremony invitation letter received today to attend in November.

all the best for rest of the guys ....

Hi guys,

I just started a new thread "Passport timeline for 2014" just to help myself, existing candidates and future candidates. please correct me if I am wrong. I welcome everyone to post their timelines for their passport applications. this is also helpful continuation of this thread who wants to apply for passport. thank you

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/221099-new-passport-timeline-2014-2015-a.html#post1936619725

Edited by melbourneguy

Hi why DIBP took 2 month to approve your application ?

1. Date applied
    23/03/2014
  2. City/Council area
    Sydney / Parramatta

3. Online / Paper Online Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email 02/04/2014

5. Date of the Citizenship Test 25/04/2014

6. Approved 25/06/2014

7. Date of ceremony Waiting

8. council
    - Parramatta

Hi any on e from PARRAMATTA COUNCILL still waiting for ceremony who have applied along the time lines mentioned above or nearby dates

Please reply

Hi why DIBP took 2 month to approve your application ?

Yeah I would like to know this as well since most people are approved same day as their test. I'm still waiting on my approval 2 weeks after the test date.

Here is my timeline

Date applied: 5th Sep 2014.

Area: Sydney

Online application.

Ack email: 6th Sept.

Date of interview: 29th Sep

Date of test: 3rd Oct ( test system was down on interview date, so had to come back)

Approval date: waiting

I called immigration to find out if there was any issue with my application because of their system issues on my interview date and they told me it can take several weeks to get approval, so just need to be patient.

Edited by pegleg

have you completed test ? by the way, which council are you in ?

Yeah I would like to know this as well since most people are approved same day as their test. I'm still waiting on my approval 2 weeks after the test date.

Here is my timeline

Online application.

Date of test: 3rd Nov ( test system was down on interview date, so had to come back)

I called immigration to find out if there was any issue with my application because of their system issues on my interview date and they told me it can take several weeks to get approval, so just need to be patient.

Here is my timeline

Online application.

Date of test: 3rd Oct ( test system was down on interview date, so had to come back)

We were told that it might take longer if they needed to do a police check. They didn't in our case so immediate approval.