Citizenship Timeline for Years 2013/2014

jmartin8010

Hey fellas, my timeline is

submitted application : 19/06/2014

Email received for the test : 10/07/2014

Test date : 22/07/2014

Just wondering how difficult is the test and how long does it takes normally to finish it. I am also curious if the interview happens first or the test happens and then the interview. Any suggestions/experience/ advice shared will be appreciated. Ta

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how difficult is the test and how long does it takes normally to finish it. I am also curious if the interview happens first or the test happens and then the interview. Any suggestions/experience/ advice shared will be appreciated. Ta

Hi Varanasi. you need to go there 15 minutes before the time and you will be issued a ticket. once you will be called you need to produce relevant documents original (driving license passport, utility bill and medicare, identity declaration form and your photograph as well). they may ask you couple of general questions like how do you know the citizen that signed in identity form etc. Then you will be asked to sit for the test. They will give you 45 minutes but you can finish in 10 minutes time. now the questions they will ask you are very simple but still you need to through the material.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/learn/cit_test/test_resource/_pdf/our-common-bond-2014.pdf

now finally in this pdf you need to read only testable sections part 1,2 and 3 for test purpose.

all the best....

Edited by melbourneguy

Hi Varanasi1,

melbourneguy is right. And the test questions are pretty straight forward . It's actually hard to get them wrong. But do read through the testable material a couple of times carefully before you sit the test.

best of luck

lala

The more I look at historic threads on this and other forums, the more convinced I am that the bottleneck is not local authorities, it is DIAC introducing waiting times before they send letters to local authorities asking them to invite people to ceremonies. It looks like the imposition of citizenship quotas by the back door and it looks like it has been going on for several years.

Hey fellas , superbly good news. I undertook the citizenship test today and I passed it with flying colors !!

I got 100 percent right answers and i finished my test in less than 5 mins. The immi officer was very nice to me, we had a very good conversation and no hocus pocus at all. She checked all my documents and took a mug shot of me and asked me to sit the test. I was only there for a duration of less than 35 mins in the brisbane immi building.

My timeline is as following :

Approval online : 22/07/2014

Approval letter : ?????? (expecting it to come in a week time from Canberra). Hurry up Aussie Post !!

My online status says I have been approved and waiting for the ceremony.

Now the final countdown begins from today !!! All excited

And once again thank you Melbourneguy and thank you lala27 for you generous advice/information

All the best !!

Edited by VARANASI1

I got my passport as well in less than 2 weeks...

I had my ceremony 8-July, applied for passport on 9th, and got it yesterday (standard/non-priority processing).

Just like citizenship, the passport application also needs a guarantor to sign your application; he/she has to be an existing citizen who knows you for at least a year, and is either registered on the electoral roll or has an Australian passport.

Hi Twister, Do we have to sit in an interview as well while applying for passport?

This guarantor thing is really needless at this stage, applicant already provided this information few months ago while applying for Citizen, Redundant step....

I got my passport as well in less than 2 weeks...

I had my ceremony 8-July, applied for passport on 9th, and got it yesterday (standard/non-priority processing).

Just like citizenship, the passport application also needs a guarantor to sign your application; he/she has to be an existing citizen who knows you for at least a year, and is either registered on the electoral roll or has an Australian passport.

Hi Twister, Do we have to sit in an interview as well while applying for passport?

This guarantor thing is really needless at this stage, applicant already provided this information few months ago while applying for Citizen, Redundant step....

Guarantor needs to sign your application and also backside of one of the 2 photos you provide.

The "interview" for the passport is essentially the receiving officer running through the form section-by-section and confirming the details you entered, and cross-checking to ensure all attached documentation is valid and eligible.

It's not an "interview" from an interrogation perspective.

Hi guys quick question..for those who have received their ceremony letter...

Does online status changes from "applicant approved" to another message? Please advise me

hi melbourneguy,

Have you already received your invitation? Ive only received the approval letter.

cheers

Here is my citizenship timeline:

Application lodgement (Online): 13 Jun 2014

Acknowledgement Received: 13 Jun 2014

Test Appointment mail Received: 14 Jun 2014

Test Passed date: 25 Jun 2014

Application approved date (online): 03 July 2014

Approval confirmation letter received: 10 July 2014

Invitation letter (from Blacktown City Council) to ceremony: STILL Waiting

Ceremony date: Not Confirmed yet

• 2 weeks later...
]Here is my citizenship timeline:

Application lodgement paper 24 April 2014

Test Passed date: 4 June 2014

Application approved date paper 12 June 2014

Invitation letter 6 august

Ceremony date: 17 September thanks every one hope every one get their dates

Congratulations Rahul. That was quick. what is your online status showing now? :cool:

For me if anyone interested, I have passed the 8 weeks mark since the application's date but still did not receive the test appointment.

last call to citizenship told me that I have stuck in a system technical issue, nothing to do with my application, it is pure IT problem.

IT department needs up to two weeks to solve my issue before they can book me for test.

what a bad luck!!