Citizenship Timeline for Years 2013/2014

jmartin8010

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to update after my application was approved on 10 June 2014.

Today I received an invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony from DIBP dated 18/06/2014.

The ceremony will be on 24 July 2014.

I thought it will be months before they invite you for ceremony........

HI there

I applied on 19th june and application commenced on same date,,,, still showing the same status as processing commenced... so after applying online do we get a letter for sitting test or email will be sent out for the exam,,,,? please let me know....thx

Just want to update after my application was approved on 10 June 2014.

Today I received an invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony from DIBP dated 18/06/2014.

The ceremony will be on 24 July 2014.

I thought it will be months before they invite you for the ceremony........

Congraulation!!

Can I ask your on line status has been changed? got any other message like 'arranged ceremony'??

Everything regarding ceremony is sent through mail by DIBP and your council.

On line status will change to 'Applicant Approved' after you have passed the test, police check, and other necessary requirements that might be asked by your CO

I'm also waiting for ceremony.. but I didn't get a letter yet...

when my ceremony date will be arranged, I just want to know that can check it or not.. on online system. :)

your System is nothing changed, After got approved message. right?

Thanks.

Edited by whans

I did my test in Melbourne on 30 April. I was approved on 12 May and am stillawaiting a citizenship invite.

My council only runs three ceremonies a year - the next is 31 July and the one after that is Australia Day. I was getting antsy and phoned up DIBP this afternoon to see whether I should be expecting an invite letter and was told the standard wait is 6 months from approval to invite. I know my council has no problem with accommodating additional attendees on 31 July - they said "the more the merrier" so I wonder whether DIBP is deliberately introducing delays.

No one know how they make a decision on when to invite for the test.......in my case I submitted my application on Friday night, and got an invitation on Monday morning, while my son submitted his application on Thursday morning, he got his invitation the next morning (Friday).

Oh wow that's really quick !

thanks for the info!

L

Hi guys!

I've just applied online and submitted all the documents requested (19/06/2014). I was wondering when will I get an invite to sit the test? I'm in Melbourne.

I applied online on the same date 19/6/14 and got acknowledgement email the very next minute. on the same date my online status was changed to processing commenced. but till now no changes and still showing as processing commenced. we both on the same boat

Hello Everyone,

My timeline is like below:

Date applied: 11/06/2014

City/Council area: Cardinia Shire

Online / Paper: Online

Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting, did not receive the email yet

will keep you posted

Update as 22/08/2014

Date applied: 11/06/2014

City/Council area: Cardinia Shire

Online / Paper: Online

Date of the Citizenship Test: 19/08/2014

Date of ceremony: Waiting

Edited by Pakenham
new updates

No one know how they make a decision on when to invite for the test.......in my case I submitted my application on Friday night, and got an invitation on Monday morning, while my son submitted his application on Thursday morning, he got his invitation the next morning (Friday).

Whereas it took them 3-4 weeks to invite me to the test...

Hi guys!

I've just applied online and submitted all the documents requested (19/06/2014). I was wondering when will I get an invite to sit the test? I'm in Melbourne.

I applied online on the same date 19/6/14 and got acknowledgement email the very next minute. on the same date my online status was changed to processing commenced. but till now no changes and still showing as processing commenced. we both on the same boat

hi Melbourneguy,

I got the invitation today too! And we have the same test date!

cheers

lana

Edited by lala27

Hello everyone...

I thought it is a good idea to have a Thread on the citizenship timeline for years 2013/2104 and it could help many people who are on their way to apply for citizenship :biggrin:

People who applied in previous years are also welcome to share their timeline as well. I just thought that the most recent the information is the more accurate it will be.

Therefore please share your timeline using below format :

1. Date applied

2. City/Council area

3. Online / Paper

4. Date received the acknowledgement email

5. Date of the Citizenship Test

6. Date of ceremony

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

Above is what I thought is good to know. If you think there are other point that could benefit anyone please feel free to add .

I'm thanking everyone in advance

1. Date applied ....03/12/2012

2. City/Council area ....Brisbane City

3. Online / Paper....Online (Best way in my opinion)

4. Date received the acknowledgement email..... 24/12/2012

5. Date of the Citizenship Test.......18/01/2013

6. Date of ceremony....22/03/2013 (We had ours in the DIAC Offices in Brisbane. They happened to have spaces available, great intimate ceremony as there were on 50 people. The ceremony has since moved from the Exhibition Centre to Brisbane Town Hall, so the number that the venue can hold has been reduced. This may impact ceremony times, as Brisbane Council nor DIAC tell you the waiting times for the ceremony, unless this has changed since my wife and I did ours?)

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

I applied in March, sat the test in April and was approved in May. My local council is having a ceremony on 31 July and it is not full. However, DIBP in its wisdom decided not to send a notification to the council in time for this ceremony (and has still not sent one), meaning I will have to wait until Australia Day 2015. Why? There are not supposed to be any quotas for citizenship so there is no need to introduce a waiting period. DIBP should notify councils straight away when they approve citizenship applications to enable people to take vacant slots on forthcoming ceremonies.

Neither did I, should arrive in the next 1-2 weeks at the latest.

what do you mean?? you did not get an appointment for the test yet?

you applied on 03/04 that is 13 weeks of today!!!

i don't understand :confused::confused:

Whereas it took them 3-4 weeks to invite me to the test... - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/200480-citizenship-timeline-years-2013-2014-a-8.html#sthash.9wI19gly.dpuf

Whereas it took them 3-4 weeks to invite me to the test... - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/200480-citizenship-timeline-years-2013-2014-a-8.html#sthash.9wI19gly.dpuf

I applied in March, sat the test in April and was approved in May. My local council is having a ceremony on 31 July and it is not full. However, DIBP in its wisdom decided not to send a notification to the council in time for this ceremony (and has still not sent one), meaning I will have to wait until Australia Day 2015. Why? There are not supposed to be any quotas for citizenship so there is no need to introduce a waiting period. DIBP should notify councils straight away when they approve citizenship applications to enable people to take vacant slots on forthcoming ceremonies.

still you have time, maybe you will get it the letter soon

Neither did I, should arrive in the next 1-2 weeks at the latest.

What you want to say is that you did not set the test yet??

it is 13 weeks since you have applied, that is too much!!!

i thought you have been invited to the test few weeks ago?