December 190 Visa Lodge

Guest GarySawers

Hi I'm getting a bit confused about every talking about form 80. On our visa "recommend list " it has only asked for form 1221 it doesn't say anything about form 80 . Do we need to do both form 1221 and form 80, if so what section would you upload form 80 on "attach documents" thanks

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Bmap,

I got my VISA Granted Today!!!!!! As you said it was a direct grant!! But I have one doubt now,

I also have an ACT sponsorship. yet im planning to migrate to Melbourne. Since Most of the available jobs in ACT

are government related which requires many security clearances.. What sort of an effect will this have? Will there be issues

when I am applying for Resident Return Visa (RRV) in five years time?

In order to be able to keep your PR visa, you have to live and work in ACT for a minimum period of two years. After these two years, you're allowed to move freely wherever you wish. If you don't comply, you may loose your visa. You may not have the chance to even be in Australia to apply for that 5-years RRV application.

Cheers.

Hi Tigerfeet,

I put in the form 80 in my application just in case. Since everyone was talking about it. However, it might just be ok to wait for your CO to be assigned and then he/she will tell you what missing documents you need to furnish. Likewise for the 1221. If you are feeling lazy about those forms just hang on till and if you are asked for it by the CO.

For the rest of the december lodgers, COs are being slowly but surely assigned in the past few days. Just got my CO a couple of days ago. I had submitted my application on the 14th Dec so it has been a rather painful 2-month long wait. Fingers crossed now!

Hi Tigerfeet,

I put in the form 80 in my application just in case. Since everyone was talking about it. However, it might just be ok to wait for your CO to be assigned and then he/she will tell you what missing documents you need to furnish. Likewise for the 1221. If you are feeling lazy about those forms just hang on till and if you are asked for it by the CO.

For the rest of the december lodgers, COs are being slowly but surely assigned in the past few days. Just got my CO a couple of days ago. I had submitted my application on the 14th Dec so it has been a rather painful 2-month long wait. Fingers crossed now!

Hi if u don't mind me asking what state to you apply for? And are you onshore or offshore? Am hoping I don't have to wait 8 weeks for a case officer. The 189 visa are being granted in just over 3 weeks in some cases.

Hi if u don't mind me asking what state to you apply for? And are you onshore or offshore? Am hoping I don't have to wait 8 weeks for a case officer. The 189 visa are being granted in just over 3 weeks in some cases.

hi jaime,

i've applied for nsw. and i'm an offshore applicant. as of now i think 189 is still their top priority. 190 follows second. but i honestly didnt expect to wait 2 months for the CO to make an appearance.

hi jaime,

i've applied for nsw. and i'm an offshore applicant. as of now i think 189 is still their top priority. 190 follows second. but i honestly didnt expect to wait 2 months for the CO to make an appearance.

Well, don't forget they had a holiday for 2 weeks during December-January, which, in my opinion, delayed greatly the processing of the files.

Well, don't forget they had a holiday for 2 weeks during December-January, which, in my opinion, delayed greatly the processing of the files.

Granted today!

in summary,

Application lodged: 14 dec

CO assigned: 15 Feb

Additonal docs sent: 16 Feb

Visa granted: 21 Feb

Flight to australia booked! :D

Granted today!

in summary,

Application lodged: 14 dec

CO assigned: 15 Feb

Additonal docs sent: 16 Feb

Visa granted: 21 Feb

Flight to australia booked! :D

Congrats, my application is still with some papers pending (for the second time!!!), because one of the secondary applicants became 18 years old... more papers to send... :(

May I ask you your country of origin?

Uploaded UK Police Checks and Medicals on 6/2/14 upload by Hospital, had no contact or response to my migration agent since from Case officer , on a 190 NSW visa , anyone any idea of how long it should take now for some contact or a grant ???

Cheers

Michael

Hi All!

Hw r u doing?

My CO requested for additional info on 4ht February, I have sent all on 26th February and got a reply on 27th with invoice for paying VAC-2 fee (Functional English). Payment has been made and receipt also sent to CO. What is next? How many days would it take to grant VISA? So excited to see the end line e-mail!! Anybody has any idea?

Thanks in advance for reply.

I have notified my CO that our evidences of health are on their way to the office in Sydney, as our panel doctor is not using eMedical system. They should be there next week. I hope the process will be as fast as possible.

Guest GarySawers

Hey everyone, I actually started this thread! And im glad to say me and my partner board the plane tonight to begin our adventure!

Its been a hard couple of weeks saying goodbye to everyone but hopefully it will all be worth it!

Big thanks to pomsinoz for the hours of help and advice also!

Cheers xx

Hey everyone, I actually started this thread! And im glad to say me and my partner board the plane tonight to begin our adventure!

Its been a hard couple of weeks saying goodbye to everyone but hopefully it will all be worth it!

Big thanks to pomsinoz for the hours of help and advice also!

Cheers xx

Bon Voyage! All the very best in your new adventure.:smile:

HI,

Lodged visa on 5/12/13 190 NSW via migration agent , uploaded medicals and PCC on 6/2/14 , CO come back yesterday to migration expert saying their is a delay in 190 processing due to quotas for this year been close , anyone else getting same message from case officer or has any more information pls ?

Cheers

Michael

HI,

Lodged visa on 5/12/13 190 NSW via migration agent , uploaded medicals and PCC on 6/2/14 , CO come back yesterday to migration expert saying their is a delay in 190 processing due to quotas for this year been close , anyone else getting same message from case officer or has any more information pls ?

Cheers

Michael

As I can see, there is an official announcement on SkillSelect webpage:

Announcement

In late 2013, the department conducted an evaluation of occupational ceilings to assess how they have operated to date and to consider changes to ensure they are performing their intended function.

Based on feedback received as part of the evaluation, the following changes will be in place from 1 March 2014:

• State and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations

• The minimum ceiling for each occupational group will be 1000 invitations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Hopefully it's not gonna be the case to get worried, but I am delayed as well. Waiting for an answer from my agent as well, question to C/O sent already.

Cheers.

Edited by LuciBV
Adding the link to skillselect webpage