December 190 Visa Lodge

Guest GarySawers

Guest GarySawers

Hi guys,

Me and my partner had our 190 visa lodged today!,:biggrin:

Just wanted to to start a thread of members lodging in December so we can track each other's progress!

Cheers

Gary

Edited by GarySawers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GarySawers

Yeah I'm the same, allegedly it takes seven weeks! But I think Christmas might effect this for a couple of weeks also! So hopefully around the first week in February should hear back!

Guest GarySawers

That's excellent news, that means we should hear roughly end of January first week of February?!?! Delighted with that! You should be pretty similar timescale!

Guest GarySawers

Hi LadyB! We spoke to our lawyer today regarding this, it isn't recommended as your visa basically begins when you complete your medical so your advised to do this last. However, if you consider your particular visa to be simple enough to have a positive outcome and time isn't a problem then it should be fine!

Hi, Gary! Yes, I think our visa is quite simple, but will probably wait for CO.

Anyway, status of my submitted documents has changed on 6/1 from "required" to "received" except for IELTS results. I have no clue why that exemption.

Yesterday I submitted more proof of de facto (in case children's birth certificates with my and my partner's names on them are not enough) and form 1221 for my partner. The form was only "recommended" but we sent it anyway. I believe it cannot hurt.

Guest GarySawers

We didn't have anything like a child's birth certificate, so had to go down the route of picture together and joint insurance documents, was a bit of a nightmare! Can't really comment on the status updates as we have a lawyer who does all that for us and basically tells us what to do and when to do it!?!?

Guest GarySawers

Still not heard from a case officer! but went ahead and booking an Aussie police check! British police check! medicals and booked a white card assessment aswell! So busy with all that anyway!

Joining the gang as well, submitted on 6th of December, status of the documents from required to received on 6th of January... Waiting is killing me... Meds done on 17th of December, though they were not send electronically, but on paper (separate application). As much as I read, on 190 visa you may be forced to activate your visa from the date that you got the sponsorship. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Just police checks left, arranging for next week to be done.

Hi all,

We also applied for 190 visa with SA sponsorship on the 4th of December. We have submitted all docs including medicals and 1221. We have filled in the form 80 but not yet uploaded. Thinking we should wait to see if CO requests it. Anyone gotten a CO yet?.

We are waiting anxiously :rolleyes:

Guest GarySawers

Ok, so we got our medicals booked and do them on Wednesday! We got our British police checks sent and they be received so they not gonna take long! we sent our Aussie police checks away also!

Our lawyer also been contacted by our case officer so that's great news!

Unfortunately we been told we have a deadline that is on the 15th of February?!?!? Don't reckon we have enough time to have received our Aussie police checks back by then!

Anyone know what this means?....

Ok, so we got our medicals booked and do them on Wednesday! We got our British police checks sent and they be received so they not gonna take long! we sent our Aussie police checks away also!

Our lawyer also been contacted by our case officer so that's great news!

Unfortunately we been told we have a deadline that is on the 15th of February?!?!? Don't reckon we have enough time to have received our Aussie police checks back by then!

Anyone know what this means?....

Hi GarySawyers, I think it's fine to ask for extension from the CO, just tell him your predicament. Where is your SS from??

Guest GarySawers

Hi Jellybean, we already been granted our state sponsorship with WA, so this just the final stumbling block, so to speak!

Made another thread and by the sounds of things if you prove you have applied for a police check you will be granted an extension and once you receive your results you just forward the to the CO.

should hopefully be fairly plain sailing now!!!

Guest GarySawers

Ok, so small update!

case officer assigned!

medicals completed!

british police check completed!

aussie police check sent!

after one and a half years we can sit bit and relax and wait on our visa grant! Thank God!:biggrin: