December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

thanks so much , good luck with everything , I visited Coffs Harbour .... blooming lovely :)

Hi all, I am very early on in the process, just booked my ielts test. Am I missing something? I have noticed that yourself and a few others have sat both general and academic ielts, is this the norm? Good luck to you all, wherever you are up to with your application.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invited on 2nd December and lodged on 2nd!!!

Hopefully should be quick to get the grant, I hear it's been about 10 weeks!

Hi nurse sam and all! I have just recently been registered with AHPRa and in d process of doing my skills assessment with ANMAC. What ielts exam did you have to take to gain points? I noticed you took both academic and general training. Did u have any migration agent? Can you suggest one? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Hey guys,

Just wondered what documents everybody uploaded for their application??

I didn't feel that there was actually that much!

Thanks,

Sam

Hi nurse sam and all.I hope you can help me as i am in d process of applying. What documents did you send for your application? Do they need bank statements and proof of funds? Do they require a certain amount in our bank accounts? Please help... You can email me on reehya@yahoo.com.

Hi Reeha,

I have inboxed you about the IELTS but for others on here too -

you only need to sit the academic IELTS if it is required for your skills assessment (I am a nurse and so needed above 7 on the academic ielts). When I took mine, I got enough points for my skills assessment however I needed more points for the visas (I was 0.5 of a mark out of getting above 8s which would have been enough grrrr) so I then took the general IELTS for the visas.

If you don't need IELTS for your skills assessment but need extra points for your visas then go ahead and take the general.

As a nurse you do need the academic though so hopefully you will get above 8s so you have more points for your visas too!

Hope that makes sense?

As for documents for your visa application - ours was a very straightforward application - no divorces, no children, only name change was mine when we got married. So we submitted:

Passports - certified copies

Birth Certificates - certified copies

Marriage Certificate - certified copie

Police Certificates - original

My IELTS (they only need the code but I scanned in the certificate just in case) - original

My Skills Assessment Letter of Determination - original

my degree certificate - certified copy

my academic transcript - certified copy

my work reference stating years of work (although I wasn't claiming points for this but included it anyway)

hope this helps

Hi everyone,

I've been keenly following this thread since we were invited to apply on 2nd December. Wanted to give you hope that things will happen soon....we were contacted by our case officer on 4th Feb requesting form 80's and further evidence of employment history which we uploaded on 15th Feb. We got our visa grant email this morning!!:biggrin:

xx

Hi everyone,

I've been keenly following this thread since we were invited to apply on 2nd December. Wanted to give you hope that things will happen soon....we were contacted by our case officer on 4th Feb requesting form 80's and further evidence of employment history which we uploaded on 15th Feb. We got our visa grant email this morning!!:biggrin:

xx

Brilliant!! When and to where are you moving?

Hi all,

Today I got my PR VISA 189.... flying to Melbourne soon....!!!!

Timeline: IELTS [L – 9.0, R – 8.5, W – 8.0, S – 8.0]: 23.09.2013; Lodged for Skills assessment [iPA Australia]: 21.11.2013; Positive skills assessment: 11.12.2013; EOI: 12.12.2013; Invitation: 16.12.2013; Application lodged [189 PR Visa]: 20.12.2013; Medicals: 24.12.2013, PCC: 22.01.2014, CO: 24.01.2014, Grant: 29.01.2014

Brilliant Nick. I am flying to meLB too... It's super exciting

• 2 weeks later...
No, I havent got CO assigned yet. I submitted on the 19th Feb. For the form 80, I am not sure as it is not on the required list thou. I am from low risk country btw.

You can wait for your CO asking for it, no need to rush at filling and submitting it now.

Hi TimeSpace. So how about your application?

I lodged my application on 10 Feb and front loaded all docs including form 80 and PCC, I also completed medical examination.

I am still waiting for the appearance of my CO. It's a rather killing process.

I lodged my application on 10 Feb and front loaded all docs including form 80 and PCC, I also completed medical examination.

I am still waiting for the appearance of my CO. It's a rather killing process.

Yes, it is a long waitttttttt. I am sure your docs are now showing as "received"? I can do my PCC yet coz my country requires the reference letter for it from DIBP.

Hi Reeha,

I have inboxed you about the IELTS but for others on here too -

you only need to sit the academic IELTS if it is required for your skills assessment (I am a nurse and so needed above 7 on the academic ielts). When I took mine, I got enough points for my skills assessment however I needed more points for the visas (I was 0.5 of a mark out of getting above 8s which would have been enough grrrr) so I then took the general IELTS for the visas.

If you don't need IELTS for your skills assessment but need extra points for your visas then go ahead and take the general.

As a nurse you do need the academic though so hopefully you will get above 8s so you have more points for your visas too!

Hope that makes sense?

As for documents for your visa application - ours was a very straightforward application - no divorces, no children, only name change was mine when we got married. So we submitted:

Passports - certified copies

Birth Certificates - certified copies

Marriage Certificate - certified copie

Police Certificates - original

My IELTS (they only need the code but I scanned in the certificate just in case) - original

My Skills Assessment Letter of Determination - original

my degree certificate - certified copy

my academic transcript - certified copy

my work reference stating years of work (although I wasn't claiming points for this but included it anyway)

hope this helps

Hi nursesam and all.Thanks for your informative reply. I have 2 kids - aged 5 and 7 who are not with us at the moment, they are living in the Philippines. Will my case be complicated with this situation? Anyone on the same boat? Any advice will be appreciated. Good day!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my grant today - 3+ months since I lodged my visa. Mostly because of Indian PCC - I used to live/work in India for a short while, and getting any paperwork done there is a real, real nightmare (I guess you can change your last name back and forth in developed country, while India is looking up your criminal records)

Melbourne, see you soon!