December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Case Officer today :D Brisbane Office, no further information required just police checks and medicals, off to Barbados in the morning so will get them booked in for when i return...... Im sure everyone will get assigned in the next couple of days.

Nice one! How did you know that you had been allocated - an email out of the blue or any status changes to the online application?

Nice one! How did you know that you had been allocated - an email out of the blue or any status changes to the online application?

Jasky you should get an email directly from your Case Officer to the email address you provided on the application form. In that email if they require any further documentation they will request that from you as well :)

Javi1979 you are off to Brisbane too? Great! We should meet up once we are settled haha

Hello all,

this is my first post here...

lodged my visa on 6th Dec 2013 and that's the time DIAC introduced the new ImmiAccount. Followed by that, I created one and applied. Attached all the docs whichever required. After a couple of days, when I logged in , I found a link below the attachments , which linked me to book my medicals . Please note that I was not assigned a C/O that time and even until now (13 Jan) .Doc status received "6th jan" So does this mean that someone is looking into my file? Fingers crossed..

Javi1979 you are off to Brisbane too? Great! We should meet up once we are settled haha

Yeah we're thinking of Bardon/indooroopilly area. Definitely, will be nice to make friends in the same boat!

How freaky!!! I'm moving to Indooroopilly :))))) I'm renting with some friends tht are already there...You ever been before? It's prob the best suburb I saw when I was there in terms of access to ameneties :)

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a little while without posting but I thought it was important to reassure people that things seem to be moving along pretty quickly at the moment.

My boyfriend (who is a software developer) and I (as de facto) lodged our 189 application on December 6th with medicals and police checks complete. I checked with our agent on Friday afternoon who advised us that we hadn't been allocated a case officer. As you can imagine it was a bit of a surprise when we received our grant email this morning!!

I also wanted to say thank to those that post regularly on here - it helps to know that you aren't the only one panicking over every form, ticked box and payment made! Good luck to everyone, I'm sure the emails will begin arriving for you all soon:biggrin:

I lodged my application on Dec 2nd, upload everything except Meds and PPC from China, then got CO assigned on Dec 19th, got the open items uploaded on Jan 2nd, and I saw docs status changed to "received" on 06/01/2014, so I hope to hear the result soon. Finger crossed :)

Congrate JoDan!

That's super fast! I lodged on Dec 2nd, CO assigned on 19th, still haven't heard anything.

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a little while without posting but I thought it was important to reassure people that things seem to be moving along pretty quickly at the moment.

My boyfriend (who is a software developer) and I (as de facto) lodged our 189 application on December 6th with medicals and police checks complete. I checked with our agent on Friday afternoon who advised us that we hadn't been allocated a case officer. As you can imagine it was a bit of a surprise when we received our grant email this morning!!

I also wanted to say thank to those that post regularly on here - it helps to know that you aren't the only one panicking over every form, ticked box and payment made! Good luck to everyone, I'm sure the emails will begin arriving for you all soon:biggrin:

To those of you that had their documents status updated to "received" on 6th of January, without CO assigned prior to this date - any further development on the applications?

After the update on 6th, I have attached another document on 12th of January and the status is still "required".

Is there anybody else who attached another document after 6th, and the status is still "required" for this particular document?

Edited by DianaK

To those of you that had their documents status updated to "received" on 6th of January, without CO assigned prior to this date - any further development on the applications?

After the update on 6th, I have attached another document on 12th of January and the status is still "required".

Is there anybody else who attached another document after 6th, and the status is still "required" for this particular document?

No further developments for me - but I called DIBP to see if they could tell me whether a CO had been assigned; they said not yet and basically laughed at me for checking so early! That is what I expected though, they clarified that the published time for CO assignment is 10 weeks from lodging and it seems like the online status changes are just random. Sounds like it's happening a lot quicker than the 10 weeks though for most people, and the grants seem to be coming thick and fast so it shouldn't be too long.