December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, we were invited on 2nd Dec too. Lodged on 2nd Dec too. PCC loaded. Have to wait for CO to be assigned before we do our medicals as we have medical lab & X-rays under 12months old. Not sure if panel doctor can use same results or if new blood tests and X-rays will be required.

Don't really think we should be zapped again for no real reason.

Got my invite in October, but applied for visa just 3 days ago - on December 2nd ;-)

Did the medical assessment today - very quick and easy. Getting police clearance records ("evidence of good character") is going to be much more complicated though - here in Asia it's super slow and requires a lot of paperwork ;(

When did you send your EoI? Ours was sent on the 29th October and still waiting. Is it still too soon?

x

hi ya the department only issue them twice a month 1st and 3rd Monday of the month so i would guess that you will have just missed out on the 1st lot so hopefully you will get an invite on the 16/17th

hi ya the department only issue them twice a month 1st and 3rd Monday of the month so i would guess that you will have just missed out on the 1st lot so hopefully you will get an invite on the 16/17th

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for the then:biggrin:

When did you send your EoI? Ours was sent on the 29th October and still waiting. Is it still too soon?

x

I sent mine maybe a week before my invitation...it's usually very quick but I think it depends on your occupation.

There are several occupations that are nearing their occupational ceiling so they have reduced invitations.

That's really fast dusterio! Is it because you were invited since October or there is no real order in which a CO is assigned?

I don't think it matters when one got invited. I think it's safe to assume there is some kind of sorting/priority - professions that are more hot at the moment, number of points, age, language skills, etc? Or maybe the officer had nothing to do and picked a random case... ;-)

I don't think it matters when one got invited. I think it's safe to assume there is some kind of sorting/priority - professions that are more hot at the moment, number of points, age, language skills, etc? Or maybe the officer had nothing to do and picked a random case... ;-)

What job code are you under?If you don't mind me asking. Yours is all extremely lightening quick.:-)

Of course I don't mind ;-) It's 261313 (Software Engineer)

Thankyou:-)

I've just checked the SNOL list and we still high availability.

The timings of responses seem so random, from a few hours to many weeks!

Oh boy, fingers and everything else crossed.

Wx