457 - Production manager

Demmu

Hello everybody,

I know I'm new in this forum, however I'm friendly and respectful and I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice.

I'm currently working in a large company and my employer would like to sponsor me. We have come up to two options:

a) Production manager (manufacturing)

or

b) Primary foods inspector

I am currently holding a diploma of business, diploma of management and diploma of administrator.

My employer is very happy with this, but do you guys think I could get the 457 visa with these diplomas? I've been thinking to complete "Advanced diploma of management" as well, would that be enough?

Thank you in advance,

Demmu

Hello Demmu,

The process is a lot more complex than that. The position tasks/duties need to be inline with the ANZSCO occupation that is nominated and you need to be able to show through qualifications and/or previous experience that you meet the ANZSCO defined skill level.

For the occupations you mentioned:

a) Production Manager (manufacturing) has a skill level of a bachelor degree (or higher) or at least 5 years relevant experience.

b) Primary Products Inspector NEC has a skill level of an AQF diploma (or higher) or at least 3 years relevant experience.

There's a lot more involved in other aspects of the SBS, nomination and application too.